Science Hill @ Tennessee High

THSVikings2004

The Vikes always get up for Science Hill, and I think that their performance early in the season will not reflect the outcome. Especially since this one is in Bristol, SH had better come to play. TN High is very hard to beat at home, they have a great atmosphere there. I know alot of the guys look at these boards, because I did when I played, but I hope that the boards don't make them take TN High lightly. Keenan Shepard is a good back, and we need to be ready to stop him. I hope that it is a good game and that SH comes out on top. As it was proven last season, the TN High game will be a telling point in the SH season. They need this win.

Upset Special!

Stubbs' Vikings will put it all together on this night. Gilligan is better and tougher than last year. He is adjusting to the play, coaching, and effort of public schools in NET. But, it will not be enough.

Vikings 20, Hill 17

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Upset Special!

Stubbs' Vikings will put it all together on this night. Gilligan is better and tougher than last year. He is adjusting to the play, coaching, and effort of public schools in NET. But, it will not be enough.

Vikings 20, Hill 17

Well this is about the time that we put it all togather last year ..so we will see what happens.

THSVikings2004, I look forward to posting with you and who is it Cap?? among others this week, and I am excited about this game. I love coming to the Castle, even though we haven't fared so well in recent years. As your topic points out, this is indeed a game of redemption for the Toppers. Last season, a few 4th down turnovers that should have been SH field goals, combined with 30 yards in penalties against SH on the last drive, set up Mason Canty to Thomas Turnbull for 39 yds, a TD, broken hearts across Johnson City, and a season ending skid that is surely mathematically impossible to repeat. No one loses like SH did last season in the 2nd half of the year. SH is out to get everyone's minds off of the hail mary miracle TD from TN High, and back to the fact that SH, despite an anemic offense last season, and some terrible play calling, stood toe to toe with TN High for 47:30 last season.

Science Hill: 17

TN High: 13

Picks: 3-1. 3 in a row. Hopefully more of the same this coming Friday in Bristol. Good luck to all.

If I remember correctly there were several boneheaded decisions made by both coaches last year??¦the football Gods were just on the Vikings side that night. On paper the Vikings are way over matched in my opinion especially given the less than impressive performances by THS this year. I think both coaches grew from last years game. Stubbs has a more ballanced attack and Smith...well...at least he's winning games. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Stop Kinley and you stop SH period. He doesn??™t like to throw the ball but is perfectly capable. The Vikings almost need a duplicate of the game plan that was necessary in stopping South last year to stop the HILL this year. Kinley is surrounded by very capable players but Coach Smith will call his number 8 out of 10 times. The Vikings fare well against rushing QBs but obviously struggle against a QB with an arm. Coach Smith could probably blow this game wide open by going to his backup QB and putting Kinley at receiver along with Smith. Larry hasn??™t had good games in the passed against the Vikings but would be the biggest weapon in this game if I were coaching??¦Vikings have NO defense against his size and speed in our secondary outside of Young., so Young will more than likely draw the short straw and get that assignment all night long. I personally think Coach Smith will try to ride his horse all night long as he has this entire season, so this one will be a head knocker that will come down to turnovers and special teams. Oh??¦and I would hope that we would not kick to Mitchell. BIG mistake if you do. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I will go ahead and say that i am picking THS in this game. But i wanted to know was THS looking past Unicoi friday or what? What went wrong?

D.W. Whitson!!!!! /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> The kid is good! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />