Clinton vs Oak Ridge

coonhunter293

If you think the school board has anything to do with hiring of teachers and coaches, then you are as ignorant as the bird brains in D.C. that think the bailout is going to fix the economic crisis in the good ole U. S. of A. The future of OR football does not mean a hill of beans. The future of OR school system now that is a different story. Wake up people, it is a game that is played for fun and the world will move on whether they win or lose games. When it becomes something other than a game, then we should not say they are playing anymore. It then becomes a job and would have much more of an affect on the people than getting on here and bashing coaches. As with everything else, all perspective has been lost. Move on to something constructive and make a difference in someones life outside of the sports world. Treat it as the recreation and entertainment that is intended to be.

Does this mean you'll play nice and start referring to AC's coach as "Coach Kerr"?

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have gotten an inside scoop, NO, and it is NOT from a Clinton fan or student! It is actually someone from OR! And I really believe that the Oak Ridge Students are who did that to the Goalpost, and it would make since, cause when you lose to Clinton, people seem to think it is aweful especially OR! No doubt in my mind that it was OR people after talking to that person!

I know people are gonna pick clinton to get whooped without Hazelhurst, BUT I say after what I seen Friday, Clinton will win by 3! Weston's backup looked pretty good, he had 135 yrds after weston went out right before halftime!

I was really impressed with the tone of this thread after the game. Oak Ridge folks were very congratulatory and I thought really set a good example.

My perspective is that there is plenty of talent on this team. 2 years ago, I would have predicted this team to go to state. It could be that all of this controversy has seeped into the chemistry of the team, let's face it, parent's pick sides and that filters to the player. From what I hear there is controversy even in the booster club.

But, I will tell you that these boys are working hard and my message to them would be to ignore most of this stuff and play the game that you love.

Dont worry General Jim Davis is on the case im sure. He will get a SRO that wasnt present when the destruction took place or knows anyone who was and he will write a report and swear it to be the truth and give some student a Juvie record who was probably sitting at home playing XBOX. Dont worry Clinton administrators will show them. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

HAHAHA!!! Jim Davis is like Barney Fife!!!

If you think the school board has anything to do with hiring of teachers and coaches, then you are as ignorant as the bird brains in D.C. that think the bailout is going to fix the economic crisis in the good ole U. S. of A. The future of OR football does not mean a hill of beans. The future of OR school system now that is a different story. Wake up people, it is a game that is played for fun and the world will move on whether they win or lose games. When it becomes something other than a game, then we should not say they are playing anymore. It then becomes a job and would have much more of an affect on the people than getting on here and bashing coaches. As with everything else, all perspective has been lost. Move on to something constructive and make a difference in someones life outside of the sports world. Treat it as the recreation and entertainment that is intended to be.

Why is it when someone makes a post calling another poster ignorant, they do so without knowing anything about the matter of which they speak of. Everyone, and I mean everyone in Oak Ridge that knows a tiny fraction about the hiring process that took place knows that the school board and the outgoing principale(now the asst. suppt) at the time did indeed have something to do with our current coach being hired. You would do well to know what your talking about before rambling on about something you know nothing about! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Why is it when someone makes a post calling another poster ignorant, they do so without knowing anything about the matter of which they speak of. Everyone, and I mean everyone in Oak Ridge that knows a tiny fraction about the hiring process that took place knows that the school board and the outgoing principale(now the asst. suppt) at the time did indeed have something to do with our current coach being hired. You would do well to know what your talking about before rambling on about something you know nothing about! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

True story and well said, catback!

I was told today that Clinton has offered to help pay for the repairs to the goalpost. Coonhunter you are in denial. Nobody blames the entire city of Clinton for the acts of a few but do you really think Oak Ridge kids would do this? Think about it and move on.

Yeah, I really do! I aint in denial, I think it is kinda funny! Clinton students tried to tear down the goalposts in CLinton, Both of them and cops swarmed them! So they went to Oak Ridge, if that is what happened! Oak Ridge Students were MAD! I could see them doing that, trying to prove something!

What do all you Mommies and Daddies think about the wonderful leader of a coach now? How about if I told you that your beloved Coach Stevens has been telling people in authority after the Clinton loss that if they think they can fire him, "he will play the race card." What a guy with class. Bailey and Green will get what they deserve in the end as they have to deal with this issue. I was wrong, Oak Ridge may win 4 games this year because Fulton was much worse than I thought they would be ffrom graduation losses.

Ole Dad

I really don't think most of the Oak Ridge students and fans care enough to exert the effort to tear down anybody's goalposts!

What do all you Mommies and Daddies think about the wonderful leader of a coach now? How about if I told you that your beloved Coach Stevens has been telling people in authority after the Clinton loss that if they think they can fire him, "he will play the race card." What a guy with class. Bailey and Green will get what they deserve in the end as they have to deal with this issue. I was wrong, Oak Ridge may win 4 games this year because Fulton was much worse than I thought they would be ffrom graduation losses.

Ole Dad

Ole Dad,

Just one question, and not to be disagreeable, but how do you know all the stanton supporters are mommys and daddys? i would tend to think that they are not. So while you are right on with what you are saying i think that blaming the m's and d's is not right on. They are probably just as unhappy as everyone else. think about it. or are some of the supporters on here moms and dads and you know more than i do? jsut don't group them all together.