new classifications

admiralsfan

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is how Maryville's district was projected by the Nashville paper. All these teams would play in the regular season and split into 5A and 6A for the playoffs. This could change, of course, depending on enrollments.

District 4: 5A ??” Lenoir City, South Doyle; 6A ??” Bearden, Farragut, Hardin Valley, Heritage, Knoxville West, Maryville, William Blount

This is how Maryville's district was projected by the Nashville paper. All these teams would play in the regular season and split into 5A and 6A for the playoffs. This could change, of course, depending on enrollments.

District 4: 5A ??” Lenoir City, South Doyle; 6A ??” Bearden, Farragut, Hardin Valley, Heritage, Knoxville West, Maryville, William Blount

For Lenoir City's sake, I really hope they are in AA/4A.......

Then Oak Ridge is more stupid than I thought they were.

There was a time (up until 2 - 3 years ago) that I would have been delighted to take my chances against Maryville each and every year. OR would not have won all of those, and neither would Maryville IMO.

However, that time is not now. OR may get back to that point; the history and tradition is there. Right now we have our hands full with our region schedule.

If this is true, then Maryville would only have to find 2 nonregion games. Alcoa would be one of them and who do you think the other would be. Wouldn't it be funny if nobody played Maryville and they had to go out of state to find an opponeent (we all know here in East Tenn. nobody can hold a candle to Maryville).

In agreement with their new Nike contract Maryville does have to play another Nike school periodically and since I do believe that they are the only Nike sponsored team in Tennessee yes that opponent would have to be out of state.

Does anyone have the new regions and what teams will be where? I know there are 3 classifications and 6 state champions. I cant find the article anywhere that has the teams and what regions, does anyone have that?

The official date for the classifications to be released is November 13th. That is the 7 WEEKS AWAY starting tomorrow. It is the Thursday before the 2nd Round of the Playoffs.