FRESHMEN

qb8

We played at Karns last night and came away with two victories. (Freshman & JV). The freshman game was 16-12 and the JV game was 18-6. The Karns freshman had some good athletes but I think we had a couple of more than they did. All and all it was a hard hitting football game and was enjoyable to watch. The "O" line for HHS came to play and cleared big holes for Chase Cline & Cole Cutshaw to run through for most of the night. The back breaker for Karns was an 65 yrd kickoff return for a touchdaown by Cline to start the second half.

In the JV game the HHS defense was just to tough all night.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We played at Karns last night and came away with two victories. (Freshman & JV). The freshman game was 16-12 and the JV game was 18-6. The Karns freshman had some good athletes but I think we had a couple of more than they did. All and all it was a hard hitting football game and was enjoyable to watch. The "O" line for HHS came to play and cleared big holes for Chase Cline & Cole Cutshaw to run through for most of the night. The back breaker for Karns was an 65 yrd kickoff return for a touchdaown by Cline to start the second half.

In the JV game the HHS defense was just to tough all night.

Hats off to HHS, the freshman had some good players and some big aggressive lineman. I think the HHS freshman could do well if HHS gets a district schedule with the redistricting by the TSSAA (get away from MHS), the game was enjoyable to watch. I wish the HHS freshman all the luck in the world, HHS aand Karns has alot in common with their struggles on Friday nights hopefully these freshman classes can help change that.

Hats off to HHS, the freshman had some good players and some big aggressive lineman. I think the HHS freshman could do well if HHS gets a district schedule with the redistricting by the TSSAA (get away from MHS), the game was enjoyable to watch. I wish the HHS freshman all the luck in the world, HHS aand Karns has alot in common with their struggles on Friday nights hopefully these freshman classes can help change that.

Thanks, and best to luck to Karns also.

I think Karns has a bright future with the Freshman QB. He seems very comfortable running the offense and has a great arm. He will be one to watch in the future. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Sometimes you can find a freshman doing well at a small school on the varsity level. Take a look at Collin Johnston a wide reciever from DCA. He is second in the mid-state area with 53 catches totaling 715 yards and 9 TDs. He is doing this drawing a lot of double teams and stanidng only 5'6" while weighing 125. A lot of talent in a small frame.

Boones Freshmen are not playing well but, Austin Willis for Daniel Boone is a 6' 200# defensive tackle. He plays Freshman, JV and is dressing Varsity. Several solo sacks and tackles for loss.

Chase Cline a Freshman running back, cornerback for Heritage also plays on the JV and dresses Varsity. Last night he had two TD's in the freshman game and one in the JV game at Karns. He also scored his first Varsity TD a couple of weeks ago against Campbell Co.

Thanks, and best to luck to Karns also.

I think Karns has a bright future with the Freshman QB. He seems very comfortable running the offense and has a great arm. He will be one to watch in the future. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

there's one real big problem i've noticed with the qb... he only looks at one receiver. they'll have 4 receivers out there and he'll look at number 88 and then when he's not open he'll just take off and run or get sacked.

it was a good game the athletes were about the same but for the second week in a row karns just got man-handled by a much stronger team... and got beat in heart.

there's one real big problem i've noticed with the qb... he only looks at one receiver. they'll have 4 receivers out there and he'll look at number 88 and then when he's not open he'll just take off and run or get sacked.

it was a good game the athletes were about the same but for the second week in a row karns just got man-handled by a much stronger team... and got beat in heart.

I was speaking to a freind that has a son on the team, he indicated that Coach Morris has been concerned about the line all year, strenght, and the depth of the line. I know lossing two games in a row was not something any team wants but, from what I hear it may do this team well to have some adversity, I know the varsity coaches would rather have it on the freshman level than friday night lights. This team will bounce back, they have been coached very well and the players will have some success how much is a wait and see. Good Luck to all the area Freshman on the remaining games for the year.

I was speaking to a freind that has a son on the team, he indicated that Coach Morris has been concerned about the line all year, strenght, and the depth of the line. I know lossing two games in a row was not something any team wants but, from what I hear it may do this team well to have some adversity, I know the varsity coaches would rather have it on the freshman level than friday night lights. This team will bounce back, they have been coached very well and the players will have some success how much is a wait and see. Good Luck to all the area Freshman on the remaining games for the year.

ya it is good in that it will bring them back down to earth.

one problem this week is they'll b misssin key players who will b gone over fall break and injuries to there 2 startin runnin backs. a startin receiver/safety and one backup runnin back/startin linebacker will be gone as well so there gonna have to deal with some real adversity monday evening against cambell co. im interested in seein wat they'll do with it

Sometimes you can find a freshman doing well at a small school on the varsity level. Take a look at Collin Johnston a wide reciever from DCA. He is second in the mid-state area with 53 catches totaling 715 yards and 9 TDs. He is doing this drawing a lot of double teams and stanidng only 5'6" while weighing 125. A lot of talent in a small frame.

Another Freshman playing a lot at the varsity level is Zach Owens @ William Blount. 6'2" 200# QB at 14 years old, and has about 700 yards passing and 6 TDs. all on Friday nights. This weeks Blount county offensive player of the week (maybee first Freshman ever to get that) for his 3 touchdown game against Oak Ridge, and early in the year was player of the game against Kingsport DB.

Another Freshman playing a lot at the varsity level is Zach Owens @ William Blount. 6'2" 200# QB at 14 years old, and has about 700 yards passing and 6 TDs. all on Friday nights. This weeks Blount county offensive player of the week (maybee first Freshman ever to get that) for his 3 touchdown game against Oak Ridge, and early in the year was player of the game against Kingsport DB.

This kid is the real deal. I got a chance to watch him play against Farragut this year. Good looking kid.