Hampton vs West Greene

redneck12

I've heard this complaint before. I'm sure every coaching staff has let some words fly at one time or another, the kids have heard it all before, they're not infants. Probably most of them use those words (or worse) themselves. I don't cuss, and I don't care for hearing it myself, but that's just part of sideline life in sports. Like you said, Pujo, there are much worse sins than hearing some foul words thrown around on the sidelines.

"Foul langauge is a strong way to express a weak mind."

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you read my comment .I said I believe in a good butt chewing. But I don't believe in all the profanity. I had the privilege of being the head coach of the Tennessee State Champs 15 and 16 year olds this year. Went to Flordia finished third in the Southeast Regional. Every man on the team at one time or another got their butt chewed out more than once. I didn't have to use the F word not one time.You can chew a kid out without profanity. Ask any Kid that has ever played for me or any parent that has let their kid play for me they do what I say when I say it because I respect them and they respect me because I earn their respect . I use what I was taught as a player by my coaches and it wasn't how to curse it was how to play. And as you say coddling my kids ask my two sons if they we ever coddled they will laugh at you . And I will not hide behind a computer nick name my name is Gene Lamb. And I will say this Two of your coaches did say something too a couple of the coaches when they we cursing but it didn't do any good.

Don 't remember saying your kids was coddled in my post. I said that some kids are coddled and told they are the superstars. Don't ever remember mentioning you at all, but hey Im not hiding either. My son played center for Hampton. My name is Eric Buckles. I'm glad you can get your point across without profanity. Thats good. But let me tell you something. These kids have respect for their coaches and the coaches respect the kids. As I said , they love em like their own. I'm sure you can ask most anyone and they will tell you that the kids love these coaches. There are many coaching styles, don't mean yours is better or ours is better. I respect your opinion but when it comes to this board, thats all it is....mine , yours, everybodys.

I agree!! If the coaches don't teach these kids the right thing they are not doing their job..... It' right or it's wrong, no middle ground on this one! This is not the first time for these coaches, how can we expect the players to clean their mouths up if the coaches don't. No disrespect pujo, but I(personaly) wouldn't let my son play for a coach/coaches who felt they had to use language like that. Work to hard to try to teach the right things. Trying to get them through the school day and the weekend is hard enough, these kids look up to people like your brother, he(not saying it was him) has a GREAT opertunity to lead thes kids down the right road, It's his job!!!!

I've known these coaches for years and its not just one or two. Potty-mouths have walked the sidelines at Cloudland and Hampton for decades. I think Cloudland is doing better now from what little I've been around them. I know when I played I saw some kids get treated in ways in which I won't go into on here. Better to let sleeping dogs lie.

I'm not defending it , like Isaid ,I don't care for it. I think there are better ways to express yourself .I've been around lots of coaches who uses foul language. But at the same time,a coach can't teach my child to curse, if the Coach steals ,he can't teach my child to steal. Its not acceptable to me, My kid is in the 6th grade and some of the kids he goes to school with lets um fly, I don't allow it and I hope it don't start. But if any of you don't want you're kid to hear cursing,you better put them in a bubble,If they watch tv ,better get rid of that. They hear it at school and in society. Its life.

I'm not defending it , like Isaid ,I don't care for it. I think there are better ways to express yourself .I've been around lots of coaches who uses foul language. But at the same time,a coach can't teach my child to curse, if the Coach steals ,he can't teach my child to steal. Its not acceptable to me, My kid is in the 6th grade and some of the kids he goes to school with lets um fly, I don't allow it and I hope it don't start. But if any of you don't want you're kid to hear cursing,you better put them in a bubble,If they watch tv ,better get rid of that. They hear it at school and in society. Its life.

But that don't make it right!!!!!!!!!!

It happened at the Avery and Hampton scrimmage. A certain coach told someone he was going to turn in Hampton over the QB, It don't matter because the kid is legal. Hampton also has a freshman from Unaka that could help the varsity,but he would have to have a change of address to be legal. Hampton is not crazy .

Someone in this area seems to be telling the Grace cats the kid is illeagle. Whatever.

When the Freshman transferred from Unaka to Hampton he did not physically change his address. It was understood that he would be ineligible to play on Hampton's varsity team this year because there was no change of address. He has not played a varsity game this season so there should be no ineligibility to talk about. In fact, he does not dress out for the varsity games. He plays on the JV team. He will be eligible for the varsity team next year.

Also, I would like to say that I believe in the coaching and teaching staff at Hampton. They show respect and care for their players both on and off the field and in and out of the classroom. It is unfortunate that we hear a cuss word or two at a football game........but honestly I can't imagine a real contact sport without the occassional cuss word being uttered. Men get mad when they're losing. So what.

And lastly, congratulations to the West Greene Buffs!...they came to play and walked away with it fair and square.

I agree ,it don't make it right, but if you are going to allow them to watch tv, then don't worry about the coaches. Shoot ,they may even see some things on tv thats a little worse.

You can control what your kids watch on TV. I know my girls will be in school or in public before they hear their first curse word. I admire you, Pujo, because I can honestly say I have never heard you use foul language. I've probably used it more at the games than you have, but I don't think you should defend your brother or J.C. They are old enough to know better than to fly off the deep end and use profanity. Its stupid and its not necessary. Do I think they should be sent to the lake of fire? No. Because the heavenly father shows mercy on all of us, because none of us are good enough to make it to heaven. We need a saviour and that Saviour is the Lord Jesus Christ. Rejecting him and his love gift will send people to the lake of fire. If cursing is offensive to your neighbor, then the Bible requires you to not set a stumbling block before him. The whole point is having respect for those who may be close buy that don't want to hear that gutter talk. Its unacceptable. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

You can control what your kids watch on TV. I know my girls will be in school or in public before they hear their first curse word. I admire you, Pujo, because I can honestly say I have never heard you use foul language. I've probably used it more at the games than you have, but I don't think you should defend your brother or J.C. They are old enough to know better than to fly off the deep end and use profanity. Its stupid and its not necessary. Do I think they should be sent to the lake of fire? No. Because the heavenly father shows mercy on all of us, because none of us are good enough to make it to heaven. We need a saviour and that Saviour is the Lord Jesus Christ. Rejecting him and his love gift will send people to the lake of fire. If cursing is offensive to your neighbor, then the Bible requires you to not set a stumbling block before him. The whole point is having respect for those who may be close buy that don't want to hear that gutter talk. Its unacceptable. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

I'm no saint by any means, but if you hear me curse, you'll see me ready to fight. Don't do much cussing. Hopefully I won't have to do much fighting either. I'm a little old for that.

I don't beleive that you need to use that language or lose you cool that you slip to use that language. The coach from Appy State won 4 championships and then there is the Colts coach that I am almost positive does not indulge in that kind of language while coaching. You don't have to do it to be winners. I think it is done if you don't have the dicipline yourself not to do it. How can you expect your players to have control and you don't?

I don't beleive that you need to use that language or lose you cool that you slip to use that language. The coach from Appy State won 4 championships and then there is the Colts coach that I am almost positive does not indulge in that kind of language while coaching. You don't have to do it to be winners. I think it is done if you don't have the dicipline yourself not to do it. How can you expect your players to have control and you don't?

I've seen you loose your mind because the speakers were to loud and the cheerleaders at Cosby showed too much leg so your players couldn't concentrate , and your talking about keeping your cool!

The coach from Duke who also coached our olympic team ,not going to try to spell his name is one of the worst out there, He's done pretty good. There are some very good people that cusses. I'd say at least 80 percent of Highschool football players does some of it. Most of them does things thats a little worse.

I've seen you loose your mind because the speakers were to loud and the cheerleaders at Cosby showed too much leg so your players couldn't concentrate , and your talking about keeping your cool!

Now thats funny.