Ooltewah vs Maplewood

bipbopzot

I'm not trying to pile on, just asking because I don't follow the large schools as closely-wasn't receiver supposed to be a strength of the team this year. As for the quarterback, in a school of 2,000 there should be somebody available.

You would think, but this gets back to the way they choose to run their football program. They would rather run around and talk about the next big transfer than encouraging the kids already there. Last years's freshmen team went 9-1 against primarily a jv schedule but they have 15 left? Houston, we have a problem....

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You would think, but this gets back to the way they choose to run their football program. They would rather run around and talk about the next big transfer than encouraging the kids already there. Last years's freshmen team went 9-1 against primarily a jv schedule but they have 15 left? Houston, we have a problem....

Naw Coach Monroe is not by best friend. Houston doesn't have a problem..the OWLPRIDES have the problem. Obviously it is with Coach Monroe. I have an idea. Maybe you should take it up with him. He is on the practice field every afternoon and most Saturdays and Sundays he is at the school working with the coaches in meetings, You know the other coaches that "he won't let help him coach".Is he not playing your son?? or your brother?? I just don't see the point of calling for the man's job or calling him a crap coach because they lost a game that's all. I have followed Ooltewah football since he came there. I went to Cleveland and played for him. He is was a great influence in my life on and off the field. To say he doesn't care about his players is crap. I know his players still call him after they graduate. He said he talked to Brian Marshall last week. Second guessing play calling is normal and your right to do as a fan. But to go to the man's character is ridiculous. Dog the man after losing one game. He won't be used to it. No one is harder on Coach Monroe than Coach Monroe. The Owls are struggling yeah. I never questioned Brady's character at anytime. Just talkin a little football on here. I just sit on here and listen to people talk about "the chosen ones" and people playin both ways. Most all teams have kids playing both ways. Sounds like to me somebody's kid isnt getting to play so they take it up on here where they can hide behind a screen name. I'm outta here. Say what ya want. But Be careful what you ask for.

Naw Coach Monroe is not by best friend. Houston doesn't have a problem..the OWLPRIDES have the problem. Obviously it is with Coach Monroe. I have an idea. Maybe you should take it up with him. He is on the practice field every afternoon and most Saturdays and Sundays he is at the school working with the coaches in meetings, You know the other coaches that "he won't let help him coach".Is he not playing your son?? or your brother?? I just don't see the point of calling for the man's job or calling him a crap coach because they lost a game that's all. I have followed Ooltewah football since he came there. I went to Cleveland and played for him. He is was a great influence in my life on and off the field. To say he doesn't care about his players is crap. I know his players still call him after they graduate. He said he talked to Brian Marshall last week. Second guessing play calling is normal and your right to do as a fan. But to go to the man's character is ridiculous. Dog the man after losing one game. He won't be used to it. No one is harder on Coach Monroe than Coach Monroe. The Owls are struggling yeah. I never questioned Brady's character at anytime. Just talkin a little football on here. I just sit on here and listen to people talk about "the chosen ones" and people playin both ways. Most all teams have kids playing both ways. Sounds like to me somebody's kid isnt getting to play so they take it up on here where they can hide behind a screen name. I'm outta here. Say what ya want. But Be careful what you ask for.

Brady Reed is a 16 year old kid....Bennie Monroe is a grown man that is the face of the program. All I have ever seen you do is get on here and dog Brady Reed and try to make him the scapegoat for Bennie Monroe's failings. Talking a little football?

Houston we got a problem.....(has to be the best one liner i ve heard this year) ha ha ha!!!!!! Guy s i dont know the answer but i do know if you ve got these stud rec and underclassman, and something not working then TRY something different. I dont know any other formation the Owls could run to cater to the QB except a direct snap to Sammy or Polk and let them run or throw.

I want to know one thing,why did they not put #5Manning in at all? anybody knows,him or has even seen him play at all can tell he is an athlete and he knows the offense.and,I don't want to hear he's to short either.If you're going to run your QB,why not run him? or roll him out and throw or throw slants or throw it down feild,because believe it or not he can throw a football. He doesn't panic at all,with nothing,I saw him play off n on over the past 2 years and he can flat out play.My son talks w/him alot and says he has very good head on his shoulders and is respected by his teammates and coaches so,why not try him? and if not him,who....hats off to our defense and to all these young men,that really try and want to win,last night is over,but some rearranging here and there is needed. good luck the rest of the way.

Yes,there were grumblings in the stands last night and last game,and fans wondered why not put #5 in,I think(my opinion),Monroe does get input from Couch and Gatewood,gatewood stands right beside Monroe for a reason,but that doesn't mean he always takes their advice.......and DO NOT bite my head for this,but MOST of the time,Monroe calls certain plays to set up a BIG PLAYS and they usually work,but not with POOR execution!! Here is a common sense look at this to spread the blame: Monroe doesn't throw the ball or catch the ball or fumble punt returns,but if he is going to rule the roost,HE must let the ASST. COACHES,put the right kids were they BELONG.....and for some of these so called fans to say Monroe acts like a childesh brat.,,,,,better take along look at themselves and their spouses and relatives that act like total idiots during ALL sporting events.There is SO MUCH pressure in coaching and it is so easy to sit in the stands a constantly slam coaches(I mean all coaches,baseball,basketball,football even our state champion softball coach)by the way was told "it's easy to coach talent"....last year was frustrating enough,this year seems to be worse. I do believe it starts at the top,but there is enough blame to go around right now,but winning cures all.Ooltewah will alot of games this year even in the playoffs,but if some changes here and there aren't made,Ooltewah will not win state this year or next.I don't think he'll jump ship after next year,he really likes this freshmen class and what he has saw at the middle school level.

Yes,there were grumblings in the stands last night and last game,and fans wondered why not put #5 in,I think(my opinion),Monroe does get input from Couch and Gatewood,gatewood stands right beside Monroe for a reason,but that doesn't mean he always takes their advice.......and DO NOT bite my head for this,but MOST of the time,Monroe calls certain plays to set up a BIG PLAYS and they usually work,but not with POOR execution!! Here is a common sense look at this to spread the blame: Monroe doesn't throw the ball or catch the ball or fumble punt returns,but if he is going to rule the roost,HE must let the ASST. COACHES,put the right kids were they BELONG.....and for some of these so called fans to say Monroe acts like a childesh brat.,,,,,better take along look at themselves and their spouses and relatives that act like total idiots during ALL sporting events.There is SO MUCH pressure in coaching and it is so easy to sit in the stands a constantly slam coaches(I mean all coaches,baseball,basketball,football even our state champion softball coach)by the way was told "it's easy to coach talent"....last year was frustrating enough,this year seems to be worse. I do believe it starts at the top,but there is enough blame to go around right now,but winning cures all.Ooltewah will alot of games this year even in the playoffs,but if some changes here and there aren't made,Ooltewah will not win state this year or next.I don't think he'll jump ship after next year,he really likes this freshmen class and what he has saw at the middle school level.

We had a great frshmen team two years ago and last year. What difference does it make? The new school is opening next year....

aight well im new to posting but for the most part i think a lot of ppl are over analyzing this situation.I started last year at receiver at ooltewah with shumaker,gino, and nate and this situation happened over and over last year.i graduated but my dude brady is a good player, at times when situations get bad he loses confidence but you all are wrong to say hes not a good player.Before this week he was hero and now everybody tryna criticize him.I never played wit goose manning the backup at quarterback btu i hear he'a a good player, thats good to hear.Coach Monroe is an absolutely outstanding coach so nobody should dog him for one loss.OHS gone get it together,the coaching staff works week in and week out each day in prep for these friday night games, sometimes it just doesnt end up how you would like itto. I bet if my boys played them again this friday they'd win no question.they'll bounce back and get this ring,bet that.

Houston we got a problem.....(has to be the best one liner i ve heard this year) ha ha ha!!!!!! Guy s i dont know the answer but i do know if you ve got these stud rec and underclassman, and something not working then TRY something different. I dont know any other formation the Owls could run to cater to the QB except a direct snap to Sammy or Polk and let them run or throw.

Now that is more of what we need. We all know Monroe is the head coach and is not going to listen to anyone on here and is not going anywhere. The desired rumor was he would retire when Marshall graduated. I didn't happen. However, with that said, I like hearing positive suggestions instead of bashing. I think working within the talent you have is the best option. We don't have great QB but we have a great group of players. And as far as #5, I am glad he did NOT go in because he would have gotten KILLED by those guys. Give him some play time when we are up by alot... the first three games(didn't happen)... and maybe he could come in and do something. We do have a problem when year after year players do not return after doing well as freshman. We have only 8 players off of last years freshman team. Our junior class is the strongest ever to come through but a lot of them transferred after their freshman championship season. The answer is simple... they are not going to get much of an opportunity with the varsity so give them more than three JV games to help them develop and to keep kids from transferring or quitting after their freshman season. If I am not mistaken, I heard someone sitting near me say the "JV" team has only had ONE game this season. If that is true... that is why we do not have the needed depth and experience. That is something people need to address with Monroe. After all, someone else coaches that group.. right?

Now in the words of Mapplewood's PA guy... I would like to give a CALL OUT to these guys from last night:

#36 You showed great hands with your tough catches. Great to see you are more than just a beast on defense.

#67 Even the PA guy said, someone has to block that guy. Super game... you da man!

#38 Hardest hit all night by either side on that punt return...BAMMMM!!!

#Denfensive Coach - another excellent job. Great job rotating and getting the right guys on the field for each play set.

#7 You got hurt in the first quarter and you kept playing hard. Thanks for stepping it up.

and last but not least...

#16 You showed us that you are human after all. You did not have your best game but I commend you on 2 and a half years of perfection. I was really hoping you would get a chance to hit the game winner. Keep your head up!!!

Now let's move on to the next opponent.