Dobyns-Bennett @ Elizabethton

tricitiessportsfan

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DB by 10. Betsy will play tough ! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Elizabethton allways plays tough.They have some huge players and some very fast guys at the skill positions.The game wouldn't be that close if Dobyns Bennett needed it.Going into our conference in a couple of weeks with several key players hurt or not at 100% is the main thing.We just need to show up and get out of town without anybody getting hurt.This game means a whole lot more to the guys in Carter co,but I wouldn't go expecting GC to just bring the JV over there.Pride is allways on the line when your playing an old team from way back in the day.

Millington fan is right. I've seen Houston, Whitehaven, and Millington play. Whitehaven and especially Millington would probably beat Houston by at least 2 0r 3 TDs. As far as Millington goes, I haven't seen more athletes on one team in Tn in probably 10 years.

DB hasn't played well since the first half of the Oak Ridge game where they played lights out. They need to get their mojo back or Elizabethton could come out with a win. The injured players are key on defense. Somebody needs to step up and play. Elizabethton is a dangerious team. They gave Science Hill all they wanted and as it turns out the Toppers are alot better than people expected. Coach Clark needs to get the offense going.

DB hasn't played well since the first half of the Oak Ridge game where they played lights out. They need to get their mojo back or Elizabethton could come out with a win. The injured players are key on defense. Somebody needs to step up and play. Elizabethton is a dangerious team. They gave Science Hill all they wanted and as it turns out the Toppers are alot better than people expected. Coach Clark needs to get the offense going.

Hey I agree with what you are saying Waco.This DB team is loaded with play makers that need to get their hands on the ball.It seems to me that we never run the plays that work for us but once.You don't need 100 plays to play football,its not brain surgery.Run the ones that work and change them up as needed IMO.We have definately been out of sinc on offense. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

It's still nice to look at our undefeated team and see the room for improvement.I don't think we have come close to playing a complete game yet. We have a lot that could be mentioned,even the kickoff team is becoming a concern every time they go out there.I'll take it over last years start ,and maybe we can grow just as we did then.Roll Tribe

Actually, I thought you were, so I was going tp correct you. They played poorly Friday night against Jeff Co. but still won 35 - 6, But then Jeff Co. was to busy trying to injure players to be much of a challange. Plus we lost two of our top defensive players maybe for the season thanks to illegal blocks. I wouldn't put DB anywhere near being the top team in the state right now. Lots of improvement needed.

Hey Yaco,

I"m told from someone whose seen the film that your player got his let broke when YOUR DB PLAYER FELL ON HIM!!!!! It happens. YOU'VE ONCE AGAIN GOT ON HERE AND MADE A COMPLETE IDIOT OUT OF YOURSELF. Congratulations!

I just looked at the stats for the last game and added up the numbers for one of our seniors.I counted atleast seven tackles,one hurry two caused fumbles and he recoverd two or three fumbles.What a game he and Edwards,and Justin had to keep Jeff co. out of the zone.

If your talking about Bateman I think someone needs to take a closer look at this guy. I have a funny feeling there is actually two of him. I watched him close on several plays and noticed he was on both sides of the field at the same time. When I counted the players there was only 11. There has to be two of him. How else can he be all over the field like that. And when theres a fumble seems like one of him is always there to scoop it up. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Hey Yaco,

I"m told from someone whose seen the film that your player got his let broke when YOUR DB PLAYER FELL ON HIM!!!!! It happens. YOU'VE ONCE AGAIN GOT ON HERE AND MADE A COMPLETE IDIOT OUT OF YOURSELF. Congratulations!

I stand by what I said. We'll see what the TSSAA says about the film. By the way we didn't have a player that got his leg broke.

WHO'S THE IDIOT NOW !

If your talking about Bateman I think someone needs to take a closer look at this guy. I have a funny feeling there is actually two of him. I watched him close on several plays and noticed he was on both sides of the field at the same time. When I counted the players there was only 11. There has to be two of him. How else can he be all over the field like that. And when theres a fumble seems like one of him is always there to scoop it up. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

I think a few of our players are vampires when the film is watched.This week it was a glaring oversight on the before mentioned player.Roll Tribe

I look for this to be a closer game than some think. DB will be without two key players on defense friday night. Elizabethton has a very good team this year. DB better play better than they did against Thugerson County.

I hate I did not get to post in the Jeff Co - DB thread before it closed. It was the most amazing thread I have read in a long time.

Oh well, I agree with Waco on this point. Betsy has 4 or 5 pretty good skill people who could give the Indians trouble. A key point is what is D-B's mindset after last week. Will they be out for "revenge" or will they play a disciplined game? I have seen Betsy this year and they are disciplined under their new coach. The wrong mindset coupled with injuries could spell trouble for the Indians. In the end, I think not - D-B by 10.

This has not really been an interesting series in the past 10+ years and will likely end with the reclassifications next year. I, as a HS football fan in NET, would much rather see D-B retain Jeff Co on their schedule than Betsy.