Dobyns-Bennett @ Elizabethton

tricitiessportsfan

The only way DB loses this season will be the coaching. This team is loaded with talent in the skill positions and has some quickness to make up for size on the line. With the addition of the couple of transfers, they have it all. FYI-they will also be missing another LB this Friday because of a concussion. Fleming will be back in a few weeks and noseman back possibly for playoffs depending on how far they make it. Questionable if the partiers get to see action. Coaches do read this, they must. The great Clark has abandoned the true no huddle and no longer runs the shotgun when 1st down from the 2 and a score to win the game. However, he quits reading when he gets to the part about playing more players. Having your QB return punts when both tailbacks are injured on the sideline is just stupid! Running your best tailback in the 4th when injured, stupid. Playing your staters on EVERY special team, stupid. He has 80 plus players, even Fulmer knows to rest a player. He would have had more seniors to play this year if had he not run off 15 because they knew he would never sub, that is unless you are blood related. For years everybody has known this group was talented. They are talented in about every sport this year, male and female. Clark is just like Fulmer, win a big one every few years and they are the greatest. What are their records against real teams, teams with winning records. This could be the year, but somehow Clark will mess it up again. My bet, playing kids too long when game is won. There will be a key injury and no back up experience. Enjoy this season, it will get ugly the next few years. Tn H will remember Sylvester still in the running a touchdown with less than 3 minutes to go.

WatchDoggy You are back! I was wondering were you were! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WaCoJaCo- I gotta ask... did you hear a couple of people talking about the high number of cheap shots laid out by the Pats and then give thier opinion (same as mine, them sorry (*^%$#@!!). Or did you get it from the staff?

I wouldn't blame Clark not to re-schedule Jeff Co. DB got out the Big East Region 1 5A brooms on 'em and all they can do about it is start chop blocking time after time. With 1 goal, take out DB Players. That's my opinion on that.

On to this week... Elizabethton could be the best team DB has played so far this year. Oak Ridge wasn't as good as TN High and they were just a little better than Bearden (same as Jeff Co.) who was better than William Blount.

Betsy has played SH tough and they just beat undefeated Sevier Co. The Cyclones are scoring some points to, averaging 31 pts a game so far.

May be a shoot out

Roll Tribe Roll

I think you are a little confused there bud. Oak Ridge, jeff county, and Bearden are all much better than TN high and would beat tn high by atleast 2 touchdowns, this is the same team that almost lost to Unicoi. Im not overlooking EHS at all but ive watched these boys dominate them since middle school and there isnt going to be any upset, i mean honestly they gave up 300 + yards to central the other night if that tells you something, so sensabough and crawford should have great games. Back to playcalling though, why is he keeping Crawford in the pocket so much when he is clearly a rollout dual threat type QB, and ive seen maybe 2 or 3 bootlegs all year. Bo and Duran were pocket passers because of their size 6'3 220 around that area, but crawford is 6'1 around 170 get him to the outside, run outs,dumpoffs, and swing passes 2 ashlon and deep post with steele, the passing game will open up the run and likewise, is this rocket science??? We are built for that type of offense, even the line is small but quick, use the teams strengths!!!

I don't think GC lets the QB audible.He grades the QB after watching game films and tells him if he is taking to many steps to the right or left,or if he is leaving the pocket to early things like that. So with people in your face you still run the play.

C'mon. At this level of play the D-B QB has to have an audible package.

I think you are a little confused there bud. Oak Ridge, jeff county, and Bearden are all much better than TN high and would beat tn high by atleast 2 touchdowns, this is the same team that almost lost to Unicoi. Im not overlooking EHS at all but ive watched these boys dominate them since middle school and there isnt going to be any upset, i mean honestly they gave up 300 + yards to central the other night if that tells you something, so sensabough and crawford should have great games. Back to playcalling though, why is he keeping Crawford in the pocket so much when he is clearly a rollout dual threat type QB, and ive seen maybe 2 or 3 bootlegs all year. Bo and Duran were pocket passers because of their size 6'3 220 around that area, but crawford is 6'1 around 170 get him to the outside, run outs,dumpoffs, and swing passes 2 ashlon and deep post with steele, the passing game will open up the run and likewise, is this rocket science??? We are built for that type of offense, even the line is small but quick, use the teams strengths!!!

I'm not Bud, I'm Art.

Jamie Crawford has really ran the DB Offense near flawless through the 1st half of the season. Maybe they will let chains loose a little more with him the 2nd half. I don't think you can gripe about how Graham Clark has used the QB Play so far. 5 Varsity starts under his belt, Crawford has played great.

Oh, your wrong about your assesment of Oak Ridge, Jeff Co and Bearden compared to TN High.

Roll Tribe Roll

The only way DB loses this season will be the coaching. This team is loaded with talent in the skill positions and has some quickness to make up for size on the line. With the addition of the couple of transfers, they have it all. FYI-they will also be missing another LB this Friday because of a concussion. Fleming will be back in a few weeks and noseman back possibly for playoffs depending on how far they make it. Questionable if the partiers get to see action. Coaches do read this, they must. The great Clark has abandoned the true no huddle and no longer runs the shotgun when 1st down from the 2 and a score to win the game. However, he quits reading when he gets to the part about playing more players. Having your QB return punts when both tailbacks are injured on the sideline is just stupid! Running your best tailback in the 4th when injured, stupid. Playing your staters on EVERY special team, stupid. He has 80 plus players, even Fulmer knows to rest a player. He would have had more seniors to play this year if had he not run off 15 because they knew he would never sub, that is unless you are blood related. For years everybody has known this group was talented. They are talented in about every sport this year, male and female. Clark is just like Fulmer, win a big one every few years and they are the greatest. What are their records against real teams, teams with winning records. This could be the year, but somehow Clark will mess it up again. My bet, playing kids too long when game is won. There will be a key injury and no back up experience. Enjoy this season, it will get ugly the next few years. Tn H will remember Sylvester still in the running a touchdown with less than 3 minutes to go.

WoW. Way to be positive. That would be smart, dont play your best players on special teams. See how many screw ups and busts you have then.

WoW. Way to be positive. That would be smart, dont play your best players on special teams. See how many screw ups and busts you have then.

I hope we are taking a good look at what we are doing wrong on kickoffs.I don't know if we're not staying in our lanes or what.It seems like since the first game when we had so many good plays inside the twenty,we have just not got after it.Maybe it's the other teams just doing a good job,anyway it's nice to pick at little things when your undefeated and one of the best teams in the state.Roll Tribe

I hope we are taking a good look at what we are doing wrong on kickoffs.I don't know if we're not staying in our lanes or what.It seems like since the first game when we had so many good plays inside the twenty,we have just not got after it.Maybe it's the other teams just doing a good job,anyway it's nice to pick at little things when your undefeated and one of the best teams in the state.Roll Tribe

If you haven't noticed DBs special teams are made up mostly of seniors who don't play regularly or who don't start somewhere.Nothing wrong with that if as you say,everybody stays in their lanes and make tackles.A few don't make the tackles.After watching the Central - Elizabethon game last nite,centrals special teams hurt themselves.

Roll Tribe Roll /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />