Dobyns-Bennett @ Elizabethton

tricitiessportsfan

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DB 44 Betsy 3

DB takes this one with ease and keeps their number one spot and continues to pound out any 4a school to face them

Good investment for DB, not far to travel, they've got the advantage at every position, their 2nd team should be able to get some meaningful game experience and they should leave Betsy with a strong W. Elizabethton, well.... atleast you'll get a good gate because DB will fill the away stands for this non-con beat down. Hopefully, taking your lumps in this one will prepare you for a run in your conference.

Good game 27-14 DB.

DB was up 14-0 very early. They were on their way for another TD and had a turn over Betsy was able to score on. From there on it was a game as Betsy was doing a great job eating up clock and controlling the ball. DB did have 3 or 4 turnovers and Betsy did what they should and scored on two of them. The long pass to Adams put the game away, and DB could of scored at the end, but took a knee. Crawford had a good game minus the two interceptions and CS had a monster game with 2 TD's a probably 30 or more carries. Sylvester got hurt and that took a key player out from both sides of the ball.

Update: DB had about 500 yards. Betsy had about 190 yards. DB never punted, but turnovers at bad times cost them. CS had 258 yards rushing. Ashlon Adams had over 170 yards receiving.

For all those people who were expecting a blowout, I think the Cyclones proved tonight that they are better than most people think they are. The turnovers helped, but good teams force turnovers and Hodge picked off two balls in his FS debut. He also had two touchdown receptions. I think we showed what we're made of. We hit hard and even some of the DB players told us that we were their toughest opponent of the season so far.

For all those people who were expecting a blowout, I think the Cyclones proved tonight that they are better than most people think they are. The turnovers helped, but good teams force turnovers and Hodge picked off two balls in his FS debut. He also had two touchdown receptions. I think we showed what we're made of. We hit hard and even some of the DB players told us that we were their toughest opponent of the season so far.

Good game betsy this was like a win for this program keep up the good work.Hodge is one one of the best athletes this program had in awhile.

i dont know about all that, but yea you guys played hard and put up a tough game. Seriously though the only people that stopped the indians tonight were the indians themselves, never had to punt all night, but 4 turnovers limited this game from being a blowout, one of those picks looked like it hit the ground too but of course we havent gotten a call in a month. Good win though, this bye wk couldnt have came at a better time, lets get these guys healthy and look forward to playin a good sevier county game.

i dont know about all that, but yea you guys played hard and put up a tough game. Seriously though the only people that stopped the indians tonight were the indians themselves, never had to punt all night, but 4 turnovers limited this game from being a blowout, one of those picks looked like it hit the ground too but of course we havent gotten a call in a month. Good win though, this bye wk couldnt have came at a better time, lets get these guys healthy and look forward to playin a good sevier county game.

Turnovers are part of the game believe me betsy know"s all about them we had 5 in the SH game that we should have won. Good game to both teams.