Dobyns-Bennett @ Elizabethton

tricitiessportsfan

Yeah turnovers hurt DB bad. It is part of the game and DB will be better for it. What matters is Betsy scored off those turnovers and gave DB a scare after most thought DB would go up 21-0. Good game for both teams, they will each benefit from it.

Graham clark is a great coach and a class act he could of scored there at the end of the game but he kneeled. good luck to DB the rest of the year.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Except for more injuries,it was a good ending to a long series for both teams.I think Elizabethton got what they needed out of the game and Dobyns Bennett got the expected win.It turned into a good ball game after the good hit caused us to fumble on the pass play.A couple of things worry me and it's nice to have two weeks and a 6-0 record while working on them.I still don't know what the deal with our kickoff team is.We put a lot of our best athletes out there and they got to midfield on the opening kickoff. We would be better off just kicking the ball out of bounds,and let the defense take over. Elizabethton had one good drive and we got burned on another streak down the sidelines.Except for those two scores, they probably had less then a hundred more yards of offense.It was a show of class by our coach,and as GC said on the radio,Elizabethton played hard enough and deserved us to take a knee at the end.Rest Tribe Rest,this weekend anyway

For all those people who were expecting a blowout, I think the Cyclones proved tonight that they are better than most people think they are. The turnovers helped, but good teams force turnovers and Hodge picked off two balls in his FS debut. He also had two touchdown receptions. I think we showed what we're made of. We hit hard and even some of the DB players told us that we were their toughest opponent of the season so far.

Betsy played a good game as expected.Not many people that I talked to during the week,expected a blowout.Turnovers did hurt with,a tipped pass to the safety and the one were the ball clearly hit the ground and was called a catch was a joke.Again the officials are flag happy.GC used a time out once to talk to the officials about a call,holding must to have been called 5-6 times that negated big plays.Betsy has a good team and is well coached.Good luck to both teams. Tribe enjoy the bi-week. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

How about Elizabethton? What a great improvement from last year. Betsy has playmakers and no question in my mind, the best team that the Indians have played this year. For sure the Cyclones will give Tn High and South all they want and maybe they have enough to win Region 1 4A. When Elizabethton scored a TD to start the 4th qtr to make it 21-14, the Indans fans were worried. Betsy dominated the line of scrimmage for the entire 3rd qtr. If DB had gone 3 and out, Betsy may have tied the game up on their next possesion. But, DB hit a Bomb to Adams on the 2nd play of the series for a TD and that put the game out of reach.

DB had 4 turnovers, that was a downer, but Sensabaugh did have big numbers rushing. Crawford was on target passing except for the 2 passes that were intercepted. Any word on #2 Sylvester? He was in real pain for sure. I heard after they took him off that it apeared to be that high ankle sprain again. I hope that is what it is and not worse.

Open date could not have come at a better time.

Good win Indians

Roll Tribe Roll

The Cyclones are an excellent football team this year and are gonna give TN high and South good tough games, but to say this team is better than Jeff County, Oak Ridge, Bearden,William Blount is just a ridiculous claim and i wont let Art let on like are schedule has been soft so far because it hasnt. The yardage margin from last nights game tells you the summary of what happened. Heck Ashlon adams, Chris sensabough, and Crawford all individually had more yards than the cyclones, so its not fair to say elizabethon is better than those 4 teams just because the score was somewhat close, i wish GC would have just put another one in the endzone at the end, i mean we all know south would have.

I was looking at games to go check out during our off week,and seen that Sevier co. plays Campbell co. next week. It is a good weekend to see the smokies,as purely a football fan and not really scouting or anything /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

DB played a good game and my hat is tipped to the coach and players for not running the score up at the end. i'll pull for DB to do well the rest of the season. as a cyclone fan i hate to admit the game wasn't as close as the score may have let on imo. DB didn't punt the entire game. this worries me. they do have excellant athletes in sensabaugh, crawford and adams, but no punts at all. the DB line should get some credit in this. they seemed to dominate the interior line. they say good definses cause offensive miscues and that will be a positive the cyclones can take away but at the same time there is plenty of room to improve. great game for both teams.

The Cyclones are an excellent football team this year and are gonna give TN high and South good tough games, but to say this team is better than Jeff County, Oak Ridge, Bearden,William Blount is just a ridiculous claim and i wont let Art let on like are schedule has been soft so far because it hasnt. The yardage margin from last nights game tells you the summary of what happened. Heck Ashlon adams, Chris sensabough, and Crawford all individually had more yards than the cyclones, so its not fair to say elizabethon is better than those 4 teams just because the score was somewhat close, i wish GC would have just put another one in the endzone at the end, i mean we all know south would have.

Dobyns-Bennett's schedule is not soft, in a normal year. Usaully if you had William Blount and Oak Ridge in you 1st 3 games that is though.... but, Oak Ridge is weak and not good at all. They got beat this week by a 3A Team (Clinton). Has William Blount won a game? Nope. Tn High is better than both of those teams and they didn't come close to playing the Indians as good and the Cyclones did, not close. Bearden does not have the playmakers that Betsy does. So, looking at the Indians schedule so far.... it's a little weak.

And it was a class move not to punch in that final score. We don't have a BCS to impress.

Glad to hear Justin Sylvester will be back in a few weeks.

Roll Tribe Roll