Independence @ Lincoln Co.

falconfan01

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No talk about this game. What's your thoughts on the outcome?

no doubts IHS will find it a tough time at the pit - IHS needs a way to stop the run plain and simple and if you all in Lincoln Co have any sort of unning threat its a safe bet to say he will gain about 150 yards rushing - IHS will spread them out i am sure staff at LC know that Indy does not have a back whom has totaled 100 yrs for the season with excetion of heckman whom i think is 15 in state for rushing and like 7 in passing

The Falcon strengths so far as my feeble mind can dredge up...they have a decent running game and occassional moments with the passing game...defense has gotten better but still needs work on pass defense....penalties and turnovers have gone down...all in all they're coming along nicely.

Weather forecast for Friday night at the Pit is good - there will be a good crowd there since the Falcons are winning.

I know Lincoln Co is a VERY physical team they understand the meaning of smash mouth football and play it very well,

Indy better have them buckled up with thier mouthpieces in for this game its going to be a tough one, they must fly around and be physical back to have a chance for a win, I think Indy can pull it out if the stay focused and play with intensity

Good luck Indy

I don't think anyone is talking because the teams don't know much about each other. What kind of offense/defense does Lincoln County run? Who are their main playmakers? What is their record? Any info would be appreciated.

LC has a record of 4 and 1, beat Tullahoma 17-14, lost to Blackman 21-13. Beat Cumberland Co. 54-3, Riverdale 26-13 and Franklin Co. 27-14. Turned turnovers into points several times in the last 2 games. Our qb is 39 of 55 passing with 6 tds and 6 ints and according to the Tennessean leads our region and is 20 overall in yards. Tailback Britton Twyman has rushed the ball 67 times for 422 yards with a 6.3 yards per carry average. Again according to the Tennessean is 2nd in our reagion and 26th overall in yards.

LC has a record of 4 and 1, beat Tullahoma 17-14, lost to Blackman 21-13. Beat Cumberland Co. 54-3, Riverdale 26-13 and Franklin Co. 27-14. Turned turnovers into points several times in the last 2 games. Our qb is 39 of 55 passing with 6 tds and 6 ints and according to the Tennessean leads our region and is 20 overall in yards. Tailback Britton Twyman has rushed the ball 67 times for 422 yards with a 6.3 yards per carry average. Again according to the Tennessean is 2nd in our reagion and 26th overall in yards.

Indy will play smash mouth ball is well and does have speed advantage but again cant cant cant stop the run and i am sure your middle school tailback could gain 100 yards on them so for INDY to win they must somehow find a way to make your QB throw the ball - To indys credit the last two games they played CHS and FHS may have the best running attackis in state and for most part no team has stopped them but off top of my head against FHS the Ford kid averaged 11 yds per run and Lee about 8 ( yeah that bad )

Lincoln County better watch this Heckman kid, he is getting some attentiomn from D1 schools and Tebow like player ( no he is no tebow but alot of same traits) they have some quick but inexp recievers and no running game at all - should be a fun one and again will say LC by 24 or Indy in upset by 10 will go either way

Indy will play smash mouth ball is well and does have speed advantage but again cant cant cant stop the run and i am sure your middle school tailback could gain 100 yards on them so for INDY to win they must somehow find a way to make your QB throw the ball - To indys credit the last two games they played CHS and FHS may have the best running attackis in state and for most part no team has stopped them but off top of my head against FHS the Ford kid averaged 11 yds per run and Lee about 8 ( yeah that bad )

Lincoln County better watch this Heckman kid, he is getting some attentiomn from D1 schools and Tebow like player ( no he is no tebow but alot of same traits) they have some quick but inexp recievers and no running game at all - should be a fun one and again will say LC by 24 or Indy in upset by 10 will go either way

Is Heckman playing, we were told that he was taken to the hospital last Friday night and told by the doctors to stay out of any contact for a week.

I talked to coach Thompson last night at a middle school game and ask him how Indy looked. He did say they had a real good qb so I'm sure he will work on getting after him. How many Indy fans do you think will make the trip down to the pit Friday night? My daughter is in the band at LC and was wondering if they were bringing their band down. Hope the place is packed out and both set of fans make some noise.