Independence @ Lincoln Co.

falconfan01

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree 100% that is what makes winners --- showing class!

A good friend of mine called me this morning and said he talked to the morning radio DJ and he said that several people called the show this morning ripping Coach Thompson. I don't know if it was on the air or not. As far as other people seeing the problem, the ones that sit around me at the games, including myself, have seen the problem for 4 or 5 years. But we are not in the big wheel click, so everyone says we are nuts to be saying what we are saying. Something needs to change, I don't know exactly what, though I have an idea. I have been to all but 4 home games over the last 14 years, regular season and playoffs, and to some of the road games, and it's unbelieveable to me how the football program has gone down hill over the last 4 or 5 years. I've got a friend that referees and he said that this year was the worst year he's seen at the middle school level. The kids don't know the fundamentals of the game, so I'm afraid that in a few years we will not only have coaches that are to conservative but players that are not very good. I feel like we have players now that are capable of making plays but are not given the chance. Coach Thompson stepped it up for the Riverdale game. My daughter has class with a player, and he told her that Thompson saw the things on here and said "I'm going to show them I've still got it" no doubt when he pushes the players he does. In that game I saw the team be a team for the first time in about 5 years, but from that game on, it has been the same old thing, small groups running on and off the field. Come on coach, if getting after the players makes them play like that against Riverdale, stay after them all the time.

Can anybody provide any stats from the game last night? Or give a link to where they are. The tennessean is not reporting them.

They didn't last week either that I could find. It's puzzling to me that when the stats don't provide 'star' numbers, they simply can't be found and no story is reported about what happened in these games. Isn't someone at the school at least providing this information to the media? It seems that other schools manage to get their stories and stats reported, regardless of the outcome.

They didn't last week either that I could find. It's puzzling to me that when the stats don't provide 'star' numbers, they simply can't be found and no story is repoted about what happened in these games. Isn't someone at the school at least providing this information to the media? It seems that other schools manage to get their stories and stats reported, regardless of the outcome.

I have noticed that myself. If the stats don't reflect what a team wants them to, then they are not reported. So inconsiderate or lack there of.

A good friend of mine called me this morning and said he talked to the morning radio DJ and he said that several people called the show this morning ripping Coach Thompson. I don't know if it was on the air or not. As far as other people seeing the problem, the ones that sit around me at the games, including myself, have seen the problem for 4 or 5 years. But we are not in the big wheel click, so everyone says we are nuts to be saying what we are saying. Something needs to change, I don't know exactly what, though I have an idea. I have been to all but 4 home games over the last 14 years, regular season and playoffs, and to some of the road games, and it's unbelieveable to me how the football program has gone down hill over the last 4 or 5 years. I've got a friend that referees and he said that this year was the worst year he's seen at the middle school level. The kids don't know the fundamentals of the game, so I'm afraid that in a few years we will not only have coaches that are to conservative but players that are not very good. I feel like we have players now that are capable of making plays but are not given the chance. Coach Thompson stepped it up for the Riverdale game. My daughter has class with a player, and he told her that Thompson saw the things on here and said "I'm going to show them I've still got it" no doubt when he pushes the players he does. In that game I saw the team be a team for the first time in about 5 years, but from that game on, it has been the same old thing, small groups running on and off the field. Come on coach, if getting after the players makes them play like that against Riverdale, stay after them all the time.

I must be in the same group that you are. I am an outsider and not one of 'them', therefore, I am told to shut up and how my opinion doesn't count. I also agree that in a few years when the middle schoolers get to the high school, the teams are going to be even worse because the middle school coaches are shortcutting fundamentals. Having children playing in both areas, I see things. As an outsider, I guess I don't really give a crap what people think. I want what is BEST for my kids and for the school. I don't care if your last name is Bush, Clinton or Obama, if your kid can't play ball, then he/she rides pine, however, names mean more here. There are VERY talented kids on the sidelines who will stay there because of who they aren't. That isn't what is best for the school, but what is best for the few. Coach T is a great coach, but like I have always said, he is tired and has a lot on his plate. Why do we not have seperate JV and Varsity practices so that the boys can learn more? Why are JV games iffy and cancelled on a whim? JV is our future Varsity. Too many problems.... Why aren't the elementary/middle schools coinciding their offenses with the high school so that by the time the kids reach high school they are very proficient? Why are coaches telling kids to do two different things and then a third coach yelling at the kid for not doing something entirely different? Where is the discipline? Where is the spirit? Where is the pride? Tis a sad thing.....

You have parents that are coaching the middle teams under some teachers name that is paid to be the head coach and never has nothing to do with coaching. It is time the system did away with parents/coaches and hired coaches that teach at the respective schools.

Even small 1A schools have paid teachers coaches coaching their middle school teams, so there is no reason that LC can't do the same. Not only does this hurt the MS teams, it is a big liablity problem just waiting waiting on something to happen.

IF there is not a lot of change in LC bad times are ahead in the football program.

I must be in the same group that you are. I am an outsider and not one of 'them', therefore, I am told to shut up and how my opinion doesn't count. I also agree that in a few years when the middle schoolers get to the high school, the teams are going to be even worse because the middle school coaches are shortcutting fundamentals. Having children playing in both areas, I see things. As an outsider, I guess I don't really give a crap what people think. I want what is BEST for my kids and for the school. I don't care if your last name is Bush, Clinton or Obama, if your kid can't play ball, then he/she rides pine, however, names mean more here. There are VERY talented kids on the sidelines who will stay there because of who they aren't. That isn't what is best for the school, but what is best for the few. Coach T is a great coach, but like I have always said, he is tired and has a lot on his plate. Why do we not have seperate JV and Varsity practices so that the boys can learn more? Why are JV games iffy and cancelled on a whim? JV is our future Varsity. Too many problems.... Why aren't the elementary/middle schools coinciding their offenses with the high school so that by the time the kids reach high school they are very proficient? Why are coaches telling kids to do two different things and then a third coach yelling at the kid for not doing something entirely different? Where is the discipline? Where is the spirit? Where is the pride? Tis a sad thing.....

They didn't last week either that I could find. It's puzzling to me that when the stats don't provide 'star' numbers, they simply can't be found and no story is reported about what happened in these games. Isn't someone at the school at least providing this information to the media? It seems that other schools manage to get their stories and stats reported, regardless of the outcome.

the other game was vs centenial and they could have reported the game - sometimes they just dont get them in thier is no smoking gun conspiracy

the other game was vs centenial and they could have reported the game - sometimes they just dont get them in thier is no smoking gun conspiracy

Not sure what the case is here pertaining to not getting the stats in. However I have known coaches at the high school level who would not report stats to the newspaper if the game and stats were not to their liking.

Conspiracy? Yikes! Ya'll are just way too paranoid. Stay away from that grassy knoll! I was just observing that it does seem strange that when the stats are not so flattering, they don't seem to show up in the media. (no stats for the Franklin game either as I recall) It seems to me that someone should be taking care of this duty at the school.