Has Claiborne High ever beaten a team with a winning record?

cgpf22

rutledge was not 5-5 the in 06 when claiborne went 8-2.

2006 (5-5)

RHS 8 Cherokee 14

RHS 38 Cumberland Gap 13

RHS 36 Pigeon Forge 15

RHS 27 South Greene 0

RHS 20 Seymour 17

RHS 25 David Crockett 42

RHS 22 Gibbs 23

RHS 6 Claiborne 21

RHS 33 Union County 8

RHS 6 Carter 13

I believe they did go 5-5 in 2006 ! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Your not coaching at a school that runs the spread, ARE U? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2006 (5-5)

RHS 8 Cherokee 14

RHS 38 Cumberland Gap 13

RHS 36 Pigeon Forge 15

RHS 27 South Greene 0

RHS 20 Seymour 17

RHS 25 David Crockett 42

RHS 22 Gibbs 23

RHS 6 Claiborne 21

RHS 33 Union County 8

RHS 6 Carter 13

I believe they did go 5-5 in 2006 ! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Thats what I thought. I was a little worried there for a minute though! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

yea that is great you guys found rhs scores if look real close you will see they beat seymour that year who won the region and i believe claiborne beat rhs. also beat your panthers who went 2-8 or whatever. i do not care chs did have a good team in 06 and was competive in 07. i would really like scottindian to tell us his team or is he embarrsed to say so. this thread means nothing in the realm of things the facts are claiborne will beat c.g. friday and many years to come. so i will be on here monday to tell you so. so go ahead and bash all you can because when friday comes you will not be able to hide.

yea that is great you guys found rhs scores if look real close you will see they beat seymour that year who won the region and i believe claiborne beat rhs. also beat your panthers who went 2-8 or whatever. i do not care chs did have a good team in 06 and was competive in 07. i would really like scottindian to tell us his team or is he embarrsed to say so. this thread means nothing in the realm of things the facts are claiborne will beat c.g. friday and many years to come. so i will be on here monday to tell you so. so go ahead and bash all you can because when friday comes you will not be able to hide.

Carter has won the region in 2005, 2006, and 2007

Just think: 5 years ago Claiborne moves into a new school and decides not to hire the coaching staff back because this staff was accused of not being able to beat winning teams. Now this fired coach has beaten them 4 out of the last 5 with less talent. He also had to play A-E, Anderson Co, seymour,rutledge, G-P, catholic, Fulton, and knox west regularly, Now the program plays a much weaker schedule and still can't beat a team that has more wins than losses. Go figure.

This whole thread is just an embarrassment to Claiborne County in general. Just let us play football. What does it matter who Claiborne or CG beat in 04', 05', 06', and so on. Its 2008 now, and each year a team has a chance to make a new name for itself. So please, for the sake of the players, just cut it out. The name calling is stupid.

I love this thread about the mighty Claiborne Bulldogs.

By the way the answer to the question is...........NO! they have not since becoming THE CLAIBORNE BULLDOGS beat a team with a winning record.

2007: Claiborne was 4-6, they beat Chuckey Doak (3-7), Union County (3-7), Hancock County (0-9), Pigeon Forge (3-7).

2006: The greastest year ever for Claiborne Football: Thomas Walker?, Chuckey Doa(2-8), Union County (2-8), Cumberland Gap (4-7), West Greene (0-10), Gibbs (3-8), Grainger/Rutledge (5-5), by the way 5-5 is not a winning record. Fulton, who they bragged they would beat 8-64.

2005 Claiborne was 5-5, they beat. Thomas Walker?, Chuckey Doak (2-8), Union County (2-8), West Greene (0-10), Gibbs (2-8).

2004 Claiborne was 1-9, they beat. Thomas Walker ?

2003 Claiborne was 1-9, they beat Thomas Walker ?

So in five years you have NO QUALITY WIN!

OK FIRST OF ALL FULTON NOW IS WHAT 1-3!! OBVIOUSLY A WEAK TEAM THIS YEAR!

AND I BELIEVE I TOLD THIS KID BEFORE THEY ARENT THAT GOOD THIS YEAR

SO QUIT PUTTING THE BIG c-TOWN DOWN AND COME TURN EM AROUND YOURSELF BIG GUY!

YEAH IM PRETTY SURE THEY COULD DO IT WITHOUT YOU! HAVE YOU NOTICED ANYTHING FROM 1-9 THEY HAVE A WINNING SEASON! CLAIBORNE MADE IT INTO THE PLAYOFFS 2005 WINNING RECORD ! DUDE YOUR ALL WORDS AND KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THIS REGION! THIS REGION HAS THE MOST STATISTICAL LEADERS IN EAST TENNESSEE LAST TIME I CHECKED! CLAIBORNE HAS ATLETES GOING INTO COLLEGE MORE AND MOR EVERY YEAR SINCE 2005! YOU FOR EXAMPLE LAZY BUM WHO PUTS DOWN TEAMS THEY NO NOTHING ABOUT! O AND SCOTT COUNTY HA!HA!HA! YOU HEAR NOTHING ABOUT THEM EVER! IF THAT WHO YOU PLAY FOR! I HEAR MORE ABOUT CLAIBORNE ON THE NEWS AND IN THE PAPERS MORE THAN I HEAR ABOUT SCOTT COUNTY WHICH IS NEVER!

SCOTT COUNY GOES 3-7 in 2004 and 2005, 5-5 in 2003, 1-9 in 2002, 4-6 in 2006, 5-5 in 2007

HA! HA! alot of what you talking about ! PLayoffs in 2006 or 2007?

No but Claiborne was while you were listening on the couch!

looking at the pattern im pretty sure it wasnt any better!

this year Wartburg winning record? NO! 1-3

this year Gibbs winning record? NO! 1-3

Stone Memorial winning record? NO! 0-4

Taft youth center winning record? NO! 0-4

Austin East winning record? YES! but you LOST

Listen my friend, the original posts asked has Claiborne beat a team with a winning record? Once again, the answer is no.

Unlike you I have not went as far as petty name calling and won't, but I did want you to be aware that the young man from CG who started this thread asked a good question. While others from Claiborne were stating he must be insane for stating such a thing instead of looking at the facts. The facts clearly state that Claiborne has yet to beat a team with a winning record.

As far as playing on Friday nights. I did alot of that for Corbin, KY in the 90's. As far as knowing what I am talking about, well, if coaching three years at Murray State counts, and five years at Somerset High School, but you are probably right that means nothing to someone like you. Who obviously played at Claiborne and maybe coaches little league. I do also know alot about this region, and other regions in this area. i keep track of the talent.

Who do i support: Oneida, Scott, and of course The Corbin Red Hounds!

But I am a football dummy I guess compared to you insightful football guru's from New Tazewell.

OK FIRST OF ALL FULTON NOW IS WHAT 1-3!! OBVIOUSLY A WEAK TEAM THIS YEAR!

AND I BELIEVE I TOLD THIS KID BEFORE THEY ARENT THAT GOOD THIS YEAR

SO QUIT PUTTING THE BIG c-TOWN DOWN AND COME TURN EM AROUND YOURSELF BIG GUY!

YEAH IM PRETTY SURE THEY COULD DO IT WITHOUT YOU! HAVE YOU NOTICED ANYTHING FROM 1-9 THEY HAVE A WINNING SEASON! CLAIBORNE MADE IT INTO THE PLAYOFFS 2005 WINNING RECORD ! DUDE YOUR ALL WORDS AND KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THIS REGION! THIS REGION HAS THE MOST STATISTICAL LEADERS IN EAST TENNESSEE LAST TIME I CHECKED! CLAIBORNE HAS ATLETES GOING INTO COLLEGE MORE AND MOR EVERY YEAR SINCE 2005! YOU FOR EXAMPLE LAZY BUM WHO PUTS DOWN TEAMS THEY NO NOTHING ABOUT! O AND SCOTT COUNTY HA!HA!HA! YOU HEAR NOTHING ABOUT THEM EVER! IF THAT WHO YOU PLAY FOR! I HEAR MORE ABOUT CLAIBORNE ON THE NEWS AND IN THE PAPERS MORE THAN I HEAR ABOUT SCOTT COUNTY WHICH IS NEVER!

SCOTT COUNY GOES 3-7 in 2004 and 2005, 5-5 in 2003, 1-9 in 2002, 4-6 in 2006, 5-5 in 2007

HA! HA! alot of what you talking about ! PLayoffs in 2006 or 2007?

No but Claiborne was while you were listening on the couch!

looking at the pattern im pretty sure it wasnt any better!

this year Wartburg winning record? NO! 1-3

this year Gibbs winning record? NO! 1-3

Stone Memorial winning record? NO! 0-4

Taft youth center winning record? NO! 0-4

Austin East winning record? YES! but you LOST

Ok, first of all I am not a kid. Second I have coached at a pretty high level in the past, but by all means continue to flatter me with pee-wee league insight! Ok, your comment on Fulton is nothing short of pure ignorance. If you for a second think Claiborne could play with in 35 points of 1-3 Fulton, you sir are sadly mistaken.

I love all the name calling from you guys, but I won't take it personal. The comment about a lazy bum putting down other teams, well, i will just say I forgot more about football last night than you will ever know. I am not putting teams down, just reinforcing the orinal question. Thats what you guys don't seem to understand. So, intead of standing up and admitting it is true, you start petty name calling, and trying to over turn ...THE TRUTH....

Do i support Scott, sure. i also support Oneida, and Corbin, KY. I like HS football. Oh, by the way Scott has improved alot in the toughest #A region in the state. I might remind you also, that Claiborne would struggle even more than Scott. Also, Scott and Claiborne have met several times over the years, and I will get the overall if you would like, but the bottom line is this. Claiborne has won only once.

By the way: Good Job......against 1A Midway!

Ok, first of all I am not a kid. Second I have coached at a pretty high level in the past, but by all means continue to flatter me with pee-wee league insight! Ok, your comment on Fulton is nothing short of pure ignorance. If you for a second think Claiborne could play with in 35 points of 1-3 Fulton, you sir are sadly mistaken.

I love all the name calling from you guys, but I won't take it personal. The comment about a lazy bum putting down other teams, well, i will just say I forgot more about football last night than you will ever know. I am not putting teams down, just reinforcing the orinal question. Thats what you guys don't seem to understand. So, intead of standing up and admitting it is true, you start petty name calling, and trying to over turn ...THE TRUTH....

Do i support Scott, sure. i also support Oneida, and Corbin, KY. I like HS football. Oh, by the way Scott has improved alot in the toughest #A region in the state. I might remind you also, that Claiborne would struggle even more than Scott. Also, Scott and Claiborne have met several times over the years, and I will get the overall if you would like, but the bottom line is this. Claiborne has won only once.

By the way: Good Job......against 1A Midway!

Well if your a Coach you a very high class man!

Well why dont you look at the truth of the teams you support then?

quit looking at Claiborne and worry about the teams that you have a lot of work to do on!

Bottom line is that Claiborne County is a smash mouth football team ! HANDS DOWN!!

o and if your a coach good luck in you coaching career and going over .500!

Claiborne is going to prove some teams this year and they almost beat Carter this year and are picked to do some things against Seymour and in the playoffs! OK and if also your a coach you would relize that the 1A in front of midway means nothing at all ! and ONEIDA!! we killed them last year 35-3 in a preseason scrimmage! another team you support who again doesnt have a great history! And Claiborne has improved alot in 3A!