Page Patriots

FormerCav

What is Page going to look like this year?...I watched them play Crockett County last year in the first round and they looked pretty good. Their quarterback looked very good, he had a great arm and could scramble quite well...he was, in my opinion, the only reason Page was able to put up a fight against Crockett Co.

Was just wondering if anyone had any info on Page or thier quarterback? I think someone said he was a sophmore last year.

• 2 weeks later...

While he is a very good QB and Page has some of the best receivers in the state, their offensive line is terrible and it will be tough for Elliott to even get the ball off. This was proved recently when Page scrimmaged BGA and got beat up on. Once the line gets some strength they will be very good, but untill then it will be a long season for Page.

Posted by cowboys:

I think that it is funny that a Franklin High player gives this insight about Pages O-Line. Seeing as though they underachieve every year. They may have the worst o-line in 5A. No Tightend and an average at best QB.

Considering Page's O-line and weights coach was a coach at Franklin last year and one of the coordinators was the head coach at Franklin last year and both maintain regular contact with us, I'd say i have plenty of insight into Page football. Their average bench max on the line is hovering around 200 lbs. while there is only one player on Franklin's O-line that doesn't put up at least 300. This includes the Tight End, and you can take cheap shots all you like about it. As for an average line, ask anybody that has seen us scrimmage and i assure you that you will get a different opinion about us. Anyways, to make a final point, Page is going to struggle this year despite having a great QB and a stellar reciever corps simply because they can't block. If i am wrong then thats great cause i would love for Page to win but i don't think i will be wrong

Posted by cowboys:

I think that it is funny that a Franklin High player gives this insight about Pages O-Line. Seeing as though they underachieve every year. They may have the worst o-line in 5A. No Tightend and an average at best QB.

I forgot to add, you are absolutely right about the underachieving part. Two years ago Franklin should have been great but they went nowhere. Hopefully we'll turn that around this year.

what on earth does a bench max have to do with offensive line play? what about technique, or foot speed, or work ethic or experience or leadership skills? or coaching for that matter...having a 300lb bench is all well and good but if you cant put the rest of the puzzle together then you may be in trouble. There are so many more things that are more important to an o lineman than how much weight he can bounce off his chest.

Posted by boneal52:

what on earth does a bench max have to do with offensive line play? what about technique, or foot speed, or work ethic or experience or leadership skills? or coaching for that matter...having a 300lb bench is all well and good but if you cant put the rest of the puzzle together then you may be in trouble. There are so many more things that are more important to an o lineman than how much weight he can bounce off his chest.

good and valid point. i was just illustrating the fact that page has a long way to go strength and conditioning-wise and bench press is generally the bench mark used for determining that. and we can argue all day about the necessity of a strong line but even the best coached player will not be able to hold off a kid that has skills and is much stronger. also, please don't think i am attacking page by any means. i wish coach bennett, palmer, rathbone, and the rest the best of luck this year.

apparently my post caused quite a lot controversy with the page football team and my screenname made it kind of obvious who i was so i would like to apologize if i offended anyone with my comments. i will be the first to admit that i have not seen Page play and most of my info was secondhand. also, i would like to say that the O-line has come a long way from where they started out and if this trend continues they could very well be a valid threat. i reiterate that Page does have a very strong reciever corps and their QB is very very good. so, once again i apologize if i offended anyone with my comments and if anyone from Page wants to get in touch with me to chew me out or whatever, just ask nick for my number and ill listen to whatever you want to tell me

Posted by fhsTE84:

apparently my post caused quite a lot controversy with the page football team and my screenname made it kind of obvious who i was so i would like to apologize if i offended anyone with my comments. i will be the first to admit that i have not seen Page play and most of my info was secondhand. also, i would like to say that the O-line has come a long way from where they started out and if this trend continues they could very well be a valid threat. i reiterate that Page does have a very strong reciever corps and their QB is very very good. so, once again i apologize if i offended anyone with my comments and if anyone from Page wants to get in touch with me to chew me out or whatever, just ask nick for my number and ill listen to whatever you want to tell me

Seeing how every one at Franklin seems to hate the fact that Coach Palmer had gone to Page and help coach, i think they just cant get over the fact that he is still teaching there but not coaching there anymore. Coach Palmer made a huge impact on the Page team in the spring when Page held there spring practice. So I think he will do great out at Page and i wish him the best of luck and i also wish the team the best of luck. :)