District 11A

thenomad

Cornersville played well tonight and CA kept turning it over especially in the 2nd and 4th qtrs. CA jumped out to an early lead and looked like they were going to play well and dominate the game. And then c'ville woke up and kept forcing turnovers and bad shots and started to pull away and CA just looked confused the last 2 minutes before halftime. Coming out of halftime CA started back to playing well and dominated the 3rd qtr. I believe that c'ville was held to less than 8 points that qtr. (could be wrong on that). And c'ville led by 2 at the end of the qtr. Game was close for the first part of the 4th qtr but c'ville just ran away with it towards the end of the game and CA just kept making little mistakes and started panicking and started throwing up shots and c'ville won. Just not an on night for CA. They'll get it back together for East Hickman on Thursday i hope.

That is my out take. Maybe not what everyone believed happened but for the most part it did.

How did Cully only win by 12? I watched Huntland play earlier and they did not really impress me with their overall skill. I guess they actually made some of the 50 3's they prob threw up against CULLY. What happened in that game?

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cornersville played well tonight and CA kept turning it over especially in the 2nd and 4th qtrs. CA jumped out to an early lead and looked like they were going to play well and dominate the game. And then c'ville woke up and kept forcing turnovers and bad shots and started to pull away and CA just looked confused the last 2 minutes before halftime. Coming out of halftime CA started back to playing well and dominated the 3rd qtr. I believe that c'ville was held to less than 8 points that qtr. (could be wrong on that). And c'ville led by 2 at the end of the qtr. Game was close for the first part of the 4th qtr but c'ville just ran away with it towards the end of the game and CA just kept making little mistakes and started panicking and started throwing up shots and c'ville won. Just not an on night for CA. They'll get it back together for East Hickman on Thursday i hope.

That is my out take. Maybe not what everyone believed happened but for the most part it did.

How did Cully only win by 12? I watched Huntland play earlier and they did not really impress me with their overall skill. I guess they actually made some of the 50 3's they prob threw up against CULLY. What happened in that game?

Cully won by 31 points according to the score board. Wenches post was just a smart comment about someone saying cully would win by 12.

What was the CA Score. Farmer says 1 point, SB says 13????

Cully won by 31 points according to the score board. Wenches post was just a smart comment about someone saying cully would win by 12.

What was the CA Score. Farmer says 1 point, SB says 13????

It was 13. Im posting from my phone so i may have messed up while entering the reply. My bad.

It was 13. Im posting from my phone so i may have messed up while entering the reply. My bad.

like you said, if a team isnt playing well it would get ugly. which is kind of did. at one point CAwent down the court 4-5 times and turned it over everytime, and it wasnt even cornersville forcing the turnovers half the time, CA was like stumbling on their on feet.

again luvthewarriors, where do you see this CA team getting frusterated when they get down, or point spread? when they played culleoka they didnt. and for the most part i didnt see it against cornersville.

another question...why when number 31 came out they announced " and 2009 Mr. Basketball, number 31 Stiles" or whatever?

like you said, if a team isnt playing well it would get ugly. which is kind of did. at one point CAwent down the court 4-5 times and turned it over everytime, and it wasnt even cornersville forcing the turnovers half the time, CA was like stumbling on their on feet.

again luvthewarriors, where do you see this CA team getting frusterated when they get down, or point spread? when they played culleoka they didnt. and for the most part i didnt see it against cornersville.

another question...why when number 31 came out they announced " and 2009 Mr. Basketball, number 31 Stiles" or whatever?

It was Cornersville's Homecoming and he was chosen "Mr. Basketball" by the student body. Congrats to Garrett and the Bulldogs on their win!

I know how hard it is to play in that gym at Huntland. I was only thinking that they might have righted a teetering ship by coming out hot at home. Looks like I made a mistake. Other than that game I was fairly close on the other games. But oh well. Just trying to spark interest in the closest district race in a while.

ah, that makes more since. it was good seeing him trying running up the score with a second left trying to shoot a 3 with a 13 point lead, and getting his stuff thrown into the wall.

It was also fun watching him steal the ball from williams and getting the two handed dunk!

It was also fun watching him steal the ball from williams and getting the two handed dunk!

That was pretty cool. I'll never turn down seeing a dunk. But trying to run the score up? Really, why would you do that? But, Congrats to him for winning mr basketball at c'ville.. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

He didn't steal the ball from Williams. He cut into the passing lane and stole the pass that was intended for Williams. Pretty nice dunk though!

Let's face it... CA is playing terrible right now. They lack intensity. I think a few of the players have thrown in the towel for the season and are looking forward to the next sport to start or graduation. It's really sad how well they played over at Huntland 2 weeks ago and now are playing so poorly. Turnovers and not rebounding is killing CA. Two of the guards are making poor decisions whether it is taking bad shots, making bad passes, dribbling into traffic, etc... Post players are forcing up bad shots. They need to learn to kick the ball back out at times. CA must rebound better and start getting after it again on defense. If they don't raise their level of play back up to where it was early and where it should be then it will be a long night Thursday against East Hickman and Friday at Richland. CA needs the win over Richland to try to hold on to 2nd place in the district.

He didn't steal the ball from Williams. He cut into the passing lane and stole the pass that was intended for Williams. Pretty nice dunk though!

Let's face it... CA is playing terrible right now. They lack intensity. I think a few of the players have thrown in the towel for the season and are looking forward to the next sport to start or graduation. It's really sad how well they played over at Huntland 2 weeks ago and now are playing so poorly. Turnovers and not rebounding is killing CA. Two of the guards are making poor decisions whether it is taking bad shots, making bad passes, dribbling into traffic, etc... Post players are forcing up bad shots. They need to learn to kick the ball back out at times. CA must rebound better and start getting after it again on defense. If they don't raise their level of play back up to where it was early and where it should be then it will be a long night Thursday against East Hickman and Friday at Richland. CA needs the win over Richland to try to hold on to 2nd place in the district.

Way to try and down play a good effort for Cornersville. So what you are saying is that Cornersville won simply because CA is not playing up to par? I guess i could have said the same thing when they beat us but the fact is that they made plays and we didnt. Stop trying to act like we got lucky. Also i dont think garret was tryin to run the score up at all. As pumped as he was dont think realized what he was doin at the time.