District 11A

thenomad

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will there be a "fine" issued to Culleoka because of the techs or is there such a policy? If so, does anyone know how it is structured?

I am pretty sure culleoka will get fined for chad's actions but the ref should never be able to ref in another basketball game in this state. If anyone was at that game they will agree that the refs were the worst ever they called a horrible game for both teams. At one point after chad got tossed cj got the ball in the low block and stiles fell and they had a whole foot inbetween them and they called a charge on cj stiles was already falling before cj even caught the ball. As for Chad he knows he was wrong and he will come back for the tournement and take over and lead this team to state i hope.

I am not really sure why they weren't. It just felt like there wasn't any intensity on the court from them and then not being able to hit their shots and getting in a big hole early didn't help. Every team has its bad nights so i'm glad CA got one of theirs out of the way before the tournaments start.

Seems like the bad nights continue for CA and their Master Mind Marty D.

"Martys Party has officially been Busted!"-Tennstud

He will be out for AT LEAST the next 2 games. The ref charged him with 3 techs, if that is even possible...That game was one of the worst officiated games I have ever seen. Darnell fouled out early in the 4th , Stiles played most of the 4th with 4 fouls, Stepens was ejected and everytime someone hit the floor there was a charge called.

In defense of Stephens, if a ref had smiled at me when he called a walk on me (after calling a couple "double dribbles" and a couple of QUESTIONABLE fouls on me, all in the last 2 mins) I would have probably done the exact same thing.

IF you were playing and did the same thing as Chad, then you would have been tossed just like Chad. And IF you were as integral a part of this team as Chad Stephens, then you would be costing the whole team and not only yourself. Chad is one of the best players on this team, and the team as a whole has worked too hard to start messing up now. It is time to get down to business, focus on the game and exhibit self-control. This goes for everyone. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

IF you were playing and did the same thing as Chad, then you would have been tossed just like Chad. And IF you were as integral a part of this team as Chad Stephens, then you would be costing the whole team and not only yourself. Chad is one of the best players on this team, and the team as a whole has worked too hard to start messing up now. It is time to get down to business, focus on the game and exhibit self-control. This goes for everyone. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

I was just saying that I understand why Chad got so upset. It was obvious to me that the bald ref was picking on him for whatever reason and Chad took all of it he could. I'm not saying that he handled the situation the right way...but in the heat of the moment you can't blame him for going off like he did.

I was just saying that I understand why Chad got so upset. It was obvious to me that the bald ref was picking on him for whatever reason and Chad took all of it he could. I'm not saying that he handled the situation the right way...but in the heat of the moment you can't blame him for going off like he did.

It has to be about the TEAM.......you have to control your emotions. You can complain and gripe all you want on the bench to your team mates, now he may hurt his team by not playing in some games. While some may say they understand him being mad, the player knows they have to be in control of their emotions. Players will step up and everything will be fine for Cully!!! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

ill give you the last play of the game for the CA game. overtime, 5 seconds or so left. moore county has the ball, 2 points up. moore county passes in, passes back (about 3 seconds) GETS fouled, 1 ref calls the foul, walking over, the clock runner alows the clock to run 2 seconds AFTER the foul, it was obvious it was runnin WAY over. moore county storms the court, and one ref tells the other refs its over. so Moore county should have been T'd up for stormin the court early. but the refs say its over, CA SHOULD have had 2 foul shots to try and tie it, and get the ball back to try to win with 2 seconds left.(which if you saw the richland game its completely possible)

(i think thats how it should have happened.)

basically 34 i believe it was couldnt miss from the 3's....

with the exception of williams(who had 6 3's) everyone was ice cold, and williams was pretty cold late in the game. I think that it was a wake up call to CA, and i think they'll be firing on all cylinders come next week.

It has to be about the TEAM.......you have to control your emotions. You can complain and gripe all you want on the bench to your team mates, now he may hurt his team by not playing in some games. While some may say they understand him being mad, the player knows they have to be in control of their emotions. Players will step up and everything will be fine for Cully!!! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

ok i want some information on these strange events. did he get all 3 at once? did he get one early then the other later? i figure he got the last two at the same time(cant think of any other way you can get 3 techs, then that way)

Many times the emotions will push a "True Competitor" into an area that they haven't been placed in before (nobody likes to think they are taking a royay screwing and then be laughed or smiled at by someone in charge). At least this took place now and not during district or regional, and he now can control his actions in the future (good players learn from things like this). As far as the proof in being laughed or smiled at by the offical....coaches can request they never be assigned to their games, but I don't really know how far this would go. No one can prove he was laughing at the player out of spite.

I've seen some really great officials this year and on the other hand (I had to edit my post)

I heard it's a 250 dollar fine...but I don't know if that is right or not.

i think that's right. 250 dollars, but i don't know who gets the fine--school or coach?

i think stephens reaction was out of pure frustration from the whole night. he had lots

of calls on him and did not play alot due to the fouls. and no, i am in no way supporting his

reactions. i just think he was too emotional and the ref smiling with pure satisfaction put him

over the edge. good job by holt to try to calm stephens down. i have also heard those same

refs have been banned by several schools.