District 11A

thenomad

I'm not dissin your pick or anything like that cause i know how tough it can be to play in that gym. Little bro missed out on the first meeting with huntland this year so i hope his presence in the paint can help the dogs pull this one out on the road. I think CA will pull this one out no problem! CA will be ready for the tourney

i hope they do too. i also hope the other dawgs do well.

the only reason i pick that is huntland "suposedly" shoots the 3 well( i havnt seen it in the two games we played them) and thats a pretty old school gym. tough to go down there and if their shootin well it could be tough. i deff think cornersville has a huge advantage down low. but i dont think they shoot the 3 that well. it should be a good game. im not very confident in my pick really, but if i picked cornersville by 7 i wouldnt be very confident in it either. id say its the one most likely up for grabs.

culleoka also has a very tough game. that "bye" team can really bite ya some times.

when is the 2nd round of the tournament played? thursday?

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i hope they do too. i also hope the other dawgs do well.

the only reason i pick that is huntland "suposedly" shoots the 3 well( i havnt seen it in the two games we played them) and thats a pretty old school gym. tough to go down there and if their shootin well it could be tough. i deff think cornersville has a huge advantage down low. but i dont think they shoot the 3 that well. it should be a good game. im not very confident in my pick really, but if i picked cornersville by 7 i wouldnt be very confident in it either. id say its the one most likely up for grabs.

culleoka also has a very tough game. that "bye" team can really bite ya some times.

when is the 2nd round of the tournament played? thursday?

Not sure. Look on the girls thread and it has the schedule for the boys and the girls. Sad part is i wont get to see a single game of the district tourney cause i'll be out of town working.

I dont think huntland shoots the 3 as well as CA. They got hot in the first meeting with us and thats what led to the 20 pt win. Huntland is descent behind the arc but it comes and goes. we have a couple of really 3 pt shooters in Garret Stiles, PJ Allen and Dillon Bean. They just need to pull the trigger more often.

Not sure. Look on the girls thread and it has the schedule for the boys and the girls. Sad part is i wont get to see a single game of the district tourney cause i'll be out of town working.

I dont think huntland shoots the 3 as well as CA. They got hot in the first meeting with us and thats what led to the 20 pt win. Huntland is descent behind the arc but it comes and goes. we have a couple of really 3 pt shooters in Garret Stiles, PJ Allen and Dillon Bean. They just need to pull the trigger more often.

thats no good, maybe yall will get a top 4 spot and you might get to catch a region game.

and game 2 is friday. then championship saturday i do believe

thats no good, maybe yall will get a top 4 spot and you might get to catch a region game.

and game 2 is friday. then championship saturday i do believe

yeah me too! I just don't want the last regular season game to be the last time i see my brother play high school ball. Good luck to all in the tourney!! and yes that means cully too! had fun this year keeping things stirred up in here lol. you are all a bunch of good guys/girls that love their respective schools! keep up the good trash talk and whoever makes it to region from this district i hope they dominate and represent 11A well!!!!!

Here is schedule:

Tuesday Feb 17th - 7pm - High Seeds to Host

#7 Moore County at #2 Columbia Academy

#6 Santa Fe at #3 Richland

#5 Cornersville at #4 Huntland

Fri Feb 20th at Richland High School

6pm

MCHS-CA Winner vs. SF-RHS Winner

7:30pm

#1 Culleoka vs. CHS-HHS Winner

Tue Feb 24th at Richland High School

6pm

Boys Consolation Game

Boys Championship Game

I think which ever teams make it through to the semis will give 12A all they can handle. It is a big step for this district. 11A has not dominated a region tournament in a long time. I'd like to see some of these teams pull off some upsets of those 12A teams. As for the district tournament, I hope to see some great games.

I believe the possible Richland/CA game could be a battle. Also, depending on the Stephens ordeal, the Culleoka/H'land or C'ville game could be better than expected. I saw where Culleoka beat a talented East Robertson team last night. I didn't not see Stephens or Upshaw in the box score for the Warriors. Any info on either Stephens or Upshaw (he went down late v. Richland with an ankle I think). This could be a highly contested tournament even after Culleoka coasted through the regular season.

Any word on All-Season team for this district? MVP?

CA beat MTP tonight by 3 in the last regular season game of the year for them. CA came out on fire got probably an 18 point lead, cut down to about 14 going into halftime. CA came out ice cold and by the 4th the lead was cut to about 2. with about 3 minutes in the 4th mTp had around a 4-5 point lead. CA battled back and one a good hard rivalry game.

williams had i think 5 or 6 3's...and some change prob around 20 or so.

whiteside also had a pretty good game.

Here is schedule:

Tuesday Feb 17th - 7pm - High Seeds to Host

#7 Moore County at #2 Columbia Academy

#6 Santa Fe at #3 Richland

#5 Cornersville at #4 Huntland

Fri Feb 20th at Richland High School

6pm

MCHS-CA Winner vs. SF-RHS Winner

#1 Culleoka vs. CHS-HHS Winner

Tue Feb 24th at Richland High School

6pm

Boys Consolation Game

Boys Championship Game

I think which ever teams make it through to the semis will give 12A all they can handle. It is a big step for this district. 11A has not dominated a region tournament in a long time. I'd like to see some of these teams pull off some upsets of those 12A teams. As for the district tournament, I hope to see some great games.

I believe the possible Richland/CA game could be a battle. Also, depending on the Stephens ordeal, the Culleoka/H'land or C'ville game could be better than expected. I saw where Culleoka beat a talented East Robertson team last night. I didn't not see Stephens or Upshaw in the box score for the Warriors. Any info on either Stephens or Upshaw (he went down late v. Richland with an ankle I think). This could be a highly contested tournament even after Culleoka coasted through the regular season.

Any word on All-Season team for this district? MVP?

well upshaw stayed out with his ankle just so he is fully rested for district and chad will be back with them two out it gave a few young guys a chance to step up and play mins in varsity while the game is still within reach. james was just taking as much of the swelling and staying off of it as much as possible.

which teams do you guys think have momentum going into the tourny in 11a

Well obviously i think Cully has the most momentum, one because they didn't lose a district game all season and two they should be back to full strength after getting Upshaw and Stephens back. Also I think CA has alot going in. Williams seems to be lighting it up from down town again and plus they just come off an exciting win over MTP in a rivalry game. I'm going to guess that it will be CA and Culleoka playing next Tuesday night at 7:30 in front of a big and hostile crowd.