District 11A

thenomad

Since the district season is half over. How about we hand out some mid-season awards?

Who do you think is the MVP, Coach, and All-District team right now?

MVP - Stephens or one of the Beach twins

Coach - McGill (Huntland)

All-District - Stephens, twins, Holt (Culleoka); Roberson, Wilkinson (Huntland); Williams, Whiteside (CA); Parsons, Emerson (Richland); Stiles, Darnell (Cornersville); Thomason (Santa Fe)

Any other opinions?

id say MVP should go to williams from CA. hes deff the most valuable to his team id say. with stevens, he didnt even play against CA(right?) the 2nd best team and they still won, so he wasnt THAT valuable. the beech twins could prob be up there though. also darnell(cornersville?) could be up there hes pretty big for his team.

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

id say MVP should go to williams from CA. hes deff the most valuable to his team id say. with stevens, he didnt even play against CA(right?) the 2nd best team and they still won, so he wasnt THAT valuable. the beech twins could prob be up there though. also darnell(cornersville?) could be up there hes pretty big for his team.

monkey wrench, monkey wrench, monkey wrench. how wrong you are! stephens is a very valuable part of our team. everyone is, when will you understand that? it's not that the team didn't NEED him that night vs. CA. it is that they stepped up FOR him! you just don't understand the letters TEAM...t: together e: everyone a: accomplishes m: more! the beech twins, holt, stephens, the three jrs., and the younger guys are ALL a very important part of our team and willing to step up when needed.

as for your ideas on darnell for mvp...i'm sure you have a reason, but none of us saw a hint of mvp the night we played cornersville. and now about williams, you're right he has talent but it's such a shame that his attitude and big perception of himself both over-shadow his basketball talent.

monkey wrench, monkey wrench, monkey wrench. how wrong you are! stephens is a very valuable part of our team. everyone is, when will you understand that? it's not that the team didn't NEED him that night vs. CA. it is that they stepped up FOR him! you just don't understand the letters TEAM...t: together e: everyone a: accomplishes m: more! the beech twins, holt, stephens, the three jrs., and the younger guys are ALL a very important part of our team and willing to step up when needed.

as for your ideas on darnell for mvp...i'm sure you have a reason, but none of us saw a hint of mvp the night we played cornersville. and now about williams, you're right he has talent but it's such a shame that his attitude and big perception of himself both over-shadow his basketball talent.

I dont think joseph should get mvp but he should definately get an all district award. I thought the cully faithful would chime in with a response like that if anyone other than a warrior was mentioned for mvp monkey.

im not saying hes not a valuable part of your team. but is he your team? and where do you come off saying williams is all about himself? that would be kind of what you see if your just glimsing at you but hes really a humble guy. like i said, this is the districts MVP right? not JUST cully. im not arguing at all that none of them shouldnt be in the running, but only them? i mean, when i watched cully the beech twins didnt do much, they didnt score many points, they didnt even get that many rebounds. but does that overshadow what they've done in other games? same with darnell. when they played CA he had a pretty good game. those were the only few that really stood out to me. williams,beech twins, and darnell. i dont have the privilidge to see every team play every game, much like most of you, well all of you. id say it will be a lot easier to judge who should and shouldnt be MVP when the tourny comes around and we really get to see everyone.

im not saying hes not a valuable part of your team. but is he your team? and where do you come off saying williams is all about himself? that would be kind of what you see if your just glimsing at you but hes really a humble guy. like i said, this is the districts MVP right? not JUST cully. im not arguing at all that none of them shouldnt be in the running, but only them? i mean, when i watched cully the beech twins didnt do much, they didnt score many points, they didnt even get that many rebounds. but does that overshadow what they've done in other games? same with darnell. when they played CA he had a pretty good game. those were the only few that really stood out to me. williams,beech twins, and darnell. i dont have the privilidge to see every team play every game, much like most of you, well all of you. id say it will be a lot easier to judge who should and shouldnt be MVP when the tourny comes around and we really get to see everyone.

wow, you've read so many things into my post... that i don't really even know where to begin.

1- nope, i never said stephens was our team, in fact i said quite the opposite. our team is just that...a TEAM. no individual players focusing on themselves...just a solid team.

2- i have "glimpsed" at williams since jr. high games. glad he is a humble guy. i'll take your word for it. he comes off as quite the opposite.

3- i never once said that the mvp should only come from culleoka. i understood you meant district mvp's. all i did was comment on your choices. so ok, we'll wait to make our choices 'til the tournament comes around. it was your idea anyway, not mine.

Yea, i really have no idea where you get the perception that williams is like that. Maybe you don't know which one he is out there (he's the short guy thats #41 for CA), but he is a humble guy that doesn't talk a lot out on the court, he just gets the job done so i'm not sure how that over-shadows his basketball talent. I guess you know him better than I do so maybe i should just let you talk about him..

And i'm not really sure about his belief of darnell for MVP, he's a good player but not MVP caliber.

Yea, i really have no idea where you get the perception that williams is like that. Maybe you don't know which one he is out there (he's the short guy thats #41 for CA), but he is a humble guy that doesn't talk a lot out on the court, he just gets the job done so i'm not sure how that over-shadows his basketball talent. I guess you know him better than I do so maybe i should just let you talk about him..

And i'm not really sure about his belief of darnell for MVP, he's a good player but not MVP caliber.

absolutelyamazing, i definitely know who williams is. have watched him play since sixth grade. also know his parents. i realize he's quiet on the court. i'm not saying he's a talker, it's more of a non-verbal thing. how can you watch him and not get the feeling that he thinks he's all that? i give him total credit for his talent. he's a great 3-shooter. i just think he needs to work on his overall cocky appearance and mannerisms. taking nothing from his on the court talent though. just telling you how he "appears to be." i know i'm nowhere near the only person who gets these vibes, but hey... to each his own opinion.

Back to basketball now people!! I only mentioned Stephens as the MVP because of scoring. He has lead his team in that category in addition to running the offense. Neither one of the twins has been a stand out like Stephens. Without Stephens, the Warriors definitely take a hit in their lineup. Darnell is in the discussion, just like Williams. However, the MVP usually comes from the top team. I'm not sure how many players each team gets for All-District, that is why I named two from each except Culleoka.

absolutelyamazing, i definitely know who williams is. have watched him play since sixth grade. also know his parents. i realize he's quiet on the court. i'm not saying he's a talker, it's more of a non-verbal thing. how can you watch him and not get the feeling that he thinks he's all that? i give him total credit for his talent. he's a great 3-shooter. i just think he needs to work on his overall cocky appearance and mannerisms. taking nothing from his on the court talent though. just telling you how he "appears to be." i know i'm nowhere near the only person who gets these vibes, but hey... to each his own opinion.

luvthewarriors... Maybe you should know what you are talking about before you speak. You must not know Williams to well because he didn't play for CA in the 6th grade due to the fact that CA does not allow 6th graders to play. Williams didn't play as a 7th grader at CA due to a broken leg from the Middle School Football Season. Williams did play as an 8th grader. At that time he and Taylor Greene were the two best players in the county. He has been a starter on the high school team each year since his 9th grade season. Williams is a very humble guy. He is also a very confident player. He expects a lot from himself on and off the court. He expects a lot from himself on the football and baseball field also. Maybe you get the feeling that he is all that just for the simple fact he goes to CA. I guess when DeMario Williams was at Cully you didn't think he had an attitude or a cocky appearance. I guess DeMario didn't think he was all that. I guess DeMario wasn't a talker on the court. I guess you were blind to that. luvthewarriors you only see what you want to see I guess. Maybe you should really get to know Matthew Williams before you judge his character.

luvthewarriors... Maybe you should know what you are talking about before you speak. You must not know Williams to well because he didn't play for CA in the 6th grade due to the fact that CA does not allow 6th graders to play. Williams didn't play as a 7th grader at CA due to a broken leg from the Middle School Football Season. Williams did play as an 8th grader. At that time he and Taylor Greene were the two best players in the county. He has been a starter on the high school team each year since his 9th grade season. Williams is a very humble guy. He is also a very confident player. He expects a lot from himself on and off the court. He expects a lot from himself on the football and baseball field also. Maybe you get the feeling that he is all that just for the simple fact he goes to CA. I guess when DeMario Williams was at Cully you didn't think he had an attitude or a cocky appearance. I guess DeMario didn't think he was all that. I guess DeMario wasn't a talker on the court. I guess you were blind to that. luvthewarriors you only see what you want to see I guess. Maybe you should really get to know Matthew Williams before you judge his character.

amen brother. some people only want to see what they want to see.

i've been around williams on the football field, and school for a long time. and i sure dont see what luvthewarrior sees.