District 11A

thenomad

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> .....where's leadfarmer now?.....cornersville wont touch culleoka this year...neither will richland or any other team in the district unless they play a flawless game.....i love posting on here every year and seeing new people get on the board and tell me im an idiot and that culleoka isnt worth the hype......just enjoy the culleoka show /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Culleoka defended Cornersville extremely well. Stiles was shut down by Antwane and Darnell didn't touch the ball much in the second half. The guards proved to be the game as Cornersville turned the ball over and Culleoka converted. Stephens nor Holt started however played big when they did get the chance. Can Culleoka keep it going having to play first at Richland?

As for the rest of the district, Huntland beat Santa Fe to stay toward the top of the district. CA beat Moore Co. to set up what could possible be the battle for 2nd place. Richland fell behind early to Eagleville and could not recover. Friday brings CA/Huntland, Richland/Culleoka, Cornersville/Moore Co., and Santa Fe/Fairview. Can anyone prove culleokarep wrong? Is Huntland really the #2 team in the district? Does Moore Co. have a chance?

A lot of people are still doubting Huntland. I think their kids enjoy the underdog role. Played without one starter last night and still managed get far enought ahead to clear the bench. Friday night will be a big one in Huntland. The home bleachers will be full and the gym will be rocking. By the way my prediction on the corn/cully game proved to be correct. Corn two big scorers did score in double digits together. District should be interesting the rest of the year. GO REBELS

A lot of people are still doubting Huntland. I think their kids enjoy the underdog role. Played without one starter last night and still managed get far enought ahead to clear the bench. Friday night will be a big one in Huntland. The home bleachers will be full and the gym will be rocking. By the way my prediction on the corn/cully game proved to be correct. Corn two big scorers did score in double digits together. District should be interesting the rest of the year. GO REBELS

Huntland is also a very young team...future looks bright!!!!

Also, the box score said Cornersville big men had a combined 9 points. Not double digits. I am still looking for details on this game.

Good luck to all /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

CA at Huntland friday should be the game of the week.

why do you think CA will be such a big opponent for Huntland?

9 is not a double digit.

i am still here waiting for you to post some smart comment. first ot all i didn't expect the bulldogs to win that game. turnovers killed them like it has been all year! as for the beach twins...i dont remember which one darnell was guarding...they didn't even try to get the ball to him cause he had them covered. the only points they had in the paint were from putbacks. its easy to call someone out on the internet but i seriously doubt you would talk trash in person.

Someone asked in this thread why the twins scoring #'s were so low..... I think you saw why, because everybody scores for cully, not just a couple. As far as them not playing anyone as "Physical" as cornersville.....MBA was a physical game that made them better.

I have not seen Richland play, but should be a good game.

Good Luck to all /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

why do you think CA will be such a big opponent for Huntland?

well they've both only had 1 loss(i think)(i know Ca) and both were to culleoka, therefore, this game pretty much means whoever wins there the only 2 teams that have a chance to still win the district(assuming they beat cully the 2nd time and win out, then it will send it into a tiebreak, whatever the tie break is in cully)

and cullyrep, im pretty sure it was you were also the one who said a district team wouldnt keep a game within 15, and CA proved that wrong last week. dont look to far ahead mi amigo, not saying what could happen, but ya never know.

i know nothing of huntland.

andi would say the richland cully game is a big one, but no one stands a chance against culleoka, right rep?

Exactly thats why they are a solid team. The warriors are a classy bunch. I dont remember one point in the game where there was any trash talk or anything that was unsportsman like and that says alot about the coach and the players. Every team should take a page from cullys book in that department. Cornersvilles starting point guard didnt even get to play cause of an attitude problem. Cornersville would be a better team if they could keep from shooting themselve in the foot.

i appreciate that comment so much. people get so caught up in wins/losses that sportsmanship is rarely even noticed or addressed. you're exactly right, the warriors are good sports... both on and off the court. i wish people knew these boys personalities individually. they make one great team and they make it easy for us to support them.

With one night of games before half the district season is over, the rankings look like this.

Culleoka 5-0 17-2

Columbia Academy 4-1 8-7

Huntland 4-1 7-3

Richland 3-2 9-6

Cornersville 1-4 9-9

Santa Fe 1-5 4-10

Moore Co. 0-5 0-14

As for Friday's games, I got Culleoka by 15. Huntland by 5. Cornersville by 20. I think Huntland wins the first matchup due to home court advantage. I also think right now CA beats Huntland in the Pit. Culleoka will adapt to playing first. Culleoka's crowd better get there early unlike usual games. It is amazing at the number of people who show up halfway through the girls' game. Any thoughts on these games?