District 11A

thenomad

Cornersville's big men may present matchup problems for Culleoka. I won't say Cornersville will win (would hate to ruffle the Cully faithful's feathers) but I doubt it will be boring. I have been wrong before but don't forget about the target on Culleoka's back!!

whoever said cornersville's bigmen will create matchup problems for culleoka i would love a detailed analysis of why that is.....is it because the twins are to soft?...maybe to slow?....my only question is if you guys lost to huntland by 19 and i know their bigmen arent quite the players the twins are...then why in the world are your bigmen going to give the twins problems......and i dont want everyone saying culleoka is world champ...shut up your smack and give me some real facts on that /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> ...im waiting

I didn't say they will present problems, I said that they MAY create problems. Cornersville's post players are scorers. They may not get their averages, but they will score. Stiles is as fast or faster than Antwane. Darnell is as strong if not stronger than Shawn and probably toughter. This will be a physical game. I think Culleoka wins maybe by double digits, but this game should not be boring. It all depends on what teams show up. If one is up and the other down, watch out for the upset or blowout. If the are both up, this will be a good game. Huntland was able to out play the guards and Darnell didn't play, I don't think. Culleoka was able to cut the floor in half basically against Huntland. There is my reasoning culleokarep!

Go District 11A!!

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't say they will present problems, I said that they MAY create problems. Cornersville's post players are scorers. They may not get their averages, but they will score. Stiles is as fast or faster than Antwane. Darnell is as strong if not stronger than Shawn and probably toughter. This will be a physical game. I think Culleoka wins maybe by double digits, but this game should not be boring. It all depends on what teams show up. If one is up and the other down, watch out for the upset or blowout. If the are both up, this will be a good game. Huntland was able to out play the guards and Darnell didn't play, I don't think. Culleoka was able to cut the floor in half basically against Huntland. There is my reasoning culleokarep!

Go District 11A!!

Nomad....."would hate to ruffle the cully faithful'd feathers"......can we quit all this crap!!!! This is about facts in 11a!!!! All these 1 liners are crap and have no place on this board.

Practice what you preach Nomad!!!!! Or was I right about this being your topic and only going along with what you think?????

Good luck to all /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> ...if it's OK with Nomad /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

All I was doing was providing facts about my opinion on a previous statement. Yes i did say not to ruffle the feathers; however, it was just a use of an cliche. If you don't like what I'm posting sorry, but at least it has to do with the topic!! Not just me "cheering" on a team that before this topic I didn't cheer for. i don't care what you post as long as it's not pointless. Talk about the teams the players the coaches, etc. Just leave the petty stuff out...like this post!!

All I was doing was providing facts about my opinion on a previous statement. Yes i did say not to ruffle the feathers; however, it was just a use of an cliche. If you don't like what I'm posting sorry, but at least it has to do with the topic!! Not just me "cheering" on a team that before this topic I didn't cheer for. i don't care what you post as long as it's not pointless. Talk about the teams the players the coaches, etc. Just leave the petty stuff out...like this post!!

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

AMEN! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

District games are about to pick up this next week. Who's playing who? I know CA plays at Cully on the 9th.

your not going to win against cully fans. they dont like to be called "world champions"but if you say a team may keep the score under 20 points they freak out.

CA plays at Culleoka friday the 9th. this game, is kind of an interesting matchup. CA is deff going to be outmatched down low(or you would think) and depending on what shooting shows up should entell what the outcome may be. From what i heard, CA played pretty well in a tournament in Jackson, not sure how many they won/lost or who they played though.

and Cornersville plays Richland on the 9th at Richland-this could also be a pretty good matchup and if they both come out playin, ill take richland...but if someone comes out down, ill take the other--id say these are pretty well matched up teams.

Go District 11A!!

thank you for backing up a statement...something thats become a rarity on this board........i think what alot of ppl dont understand about culleoka is its not all about the twins...two other seniors start and the juniors that come in off the bench are athletic, good shootersl, and with the exception of riley walton who is about 5-11...these guys are tall...pilkington is around 6-4 and upshaw is about 6-2.....while the twins are a big part of what we do every night chad at 6-4 can stroke and has added a nice dribble drive to his game....cj holt has added a pretty consistent 3 point shot to go with his lockdown defense....this is a very complete team that is highlighted by the twins....one thing to consider.....if one of cornersville's bigmen were to give the twins problems (which i dont see likely)...but who knows....cj holt will most likely be switched to guard stiles or darnell...and when cj guards someone they are usually forgotten about in the game because cj makes them disappear with his smothering d..........only time will tell /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

whoever said cornersville's bigmen will create matchup problems for culleoka i would love a detailed analysis of why that is.....is it because the twins are to soft?...maybe to slow?....my only question is if you guys lost to huntland by 19 and i know their bigmen arent quite the players the twins are...then why in the world are your bigmen going to give the twins problems......and i dont want everyone saying culleoka is world champ...shut up your smack and give me some real facts on that /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> ...im waiting

You are right. no one in this district can even come come close to giving cullys water girls trouble. darnell didnt even make the trip to huntland because of illness. that wipes his average off the scorebard not to mention the fact that he forces alot of outside shots. When he is not in the game it forces stiles to play out of position. The reason they will give cully trouble is that stiles is not afraid to take it to the rim no matter who is in the paint! As for darnell he will use his strengt to score points and not rely on his height to score points like the twins do. The twins dont have to be that physical to score cause they are at the rim on a simple turn around jumper. Cully has not played many teams can defend the twins when they are in the paint.

your not going to win against cully fans. they dont like to be called "world champions"but if you say a team may keep the score under 20 points they freak out.

CA plays at Culleoka friday the 9th. this game, is kind of an interesting matchup. CA is deff going to be outmatched down low(or you would think) and depending on what shooting shows up should entell what the outcome may be. From what i heard, CA played pretty well in a tournament in Jackson, not sure how many they won/lost or who they played though.

and Cornersville plays Richland on the 9th at Richland-this could also be a pretty good matchup and if they both come out playin, ill take richland...but if someone comes out down, ill take the other--id say these are pretty well matched up teams.

Great opening statement. I couldnt agree more!

The reason they will give cully trouble is that stiles is not afraid to take it to the rim no matter who is in the paint!

haha he doesnt have to be afraid to get his shot sent to the parking lot....i hope this guy comes to the rim often /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I'm glad to see that other teams' fans have started to have a voice. A few years back it was Richland, now Cornersville. Culleoka has not played alot of teams that test their ability or size. Cornersville may be that opponent. Stiles is an excellent athlete. Darnell is an extremely physical post. Cornersville will have to rely on their two big men for their advantage and their guards will have to handle Culleoka's pressure. The twins have come a long way, but can they hang with two players similar in size, shape, and form??

First, Culleoka has to take on an undefeated CA team (3-0 in district), plus an MBA team who is no slouch either!!

I'm glad to see that other teams' fans have started to have a voice. A few years back it was Richland, now Cornersville. Culleoka has not played alot of teams that test their ability or size. Cornersville may be that opponent. Stiles is an excellent athlete. Darnell is an extremely physical post. Cornersville will have to rely on their two big men for their advantage and their guards will have to handle Culleoka's pressure. The twins have come a long way, but can they hang with two players similar in size, shape, and form??

First, Culleoka has to take on an undefeated CA team (3-0 in district), plus an MBA team who is no slouch either!!

good post