Bledsoe Co. @ Boyd Buc

reaction

I have not posted in a couple weeks, I figured the kids were having a tough enough time with out me adding to it, but with this news I just have to say something......... Mark never played a minute of Basketball while in high school ( neither did I but I ain't trying to be the coach) this is another, I'll pat your son's back if you pat mine. We are doomed to be a second class athletic program if we keep hiring people who do not know how to win. All Mark has ever know or been associated with is a loosing program, from his daddy while he was the waterboy & ballboy in school, through Bennett Boynton, to Carl Boynton all loosers....... Has the BCHS Men's Basketball Team had a winning season since LEBRON HURD left, what about Lebron, or Roy Panky both are twice the coach Mark is. Both have been winning big with Bledsoe County kids in AAU Basketball but I guess neither's daddy was a big shot, & both are the wrong "FACE" for Bledsoe County............ Not one single person who has any coaching knowledge will think Mark Cagle has 1/10th the Basketball knowledge as eithere of the men mentioned above...... Folks if we let this junk go on we are doomed as a athletic program from one sport to another...... We are becomming the laughing stock of the TSSAA.......

For starters, I have no connections with the boys basketball team(just the girls), and i agree i think what those boys deserve is a chance to be the best they can be. I can remenber Mark's basketball pratices...playin 21 and runnin over plays. I also dont think that it is fair that he gets the job cause he was the middle school coach and cause his dad is well liked. I think that the high school should hire someone who is not from here and does not know anyone from here. But to whoever gets the spot..BEST WISHES! (They sould do that with alot of sports)

Back on topic. I have the highest hopes for our boys this week even though I don't think we will pull out with a win. But no matter what play hard and no matter what happens never give up because we are WARRIORS!!!

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Playing, or not playing, doesn't determine a good coach in any sport.... Bruce Pearl is a pretty good basketball coach and he was the Mascot.....

They got tired of bashing Hubert so why not move onto Mark..... Both are good friends of mine and Mark will be a good coach at the high school just like he was at the middle school..... It will take time for him to install his offense so it may be next year before we see a turn around but who knows it could be this year..... The talent level this year is NO wheres near as good as it has been in the past years.....

I didnt just read 4 pages of posts on the topic of Boyd and Bledsoe to read about the Warriors basketball program...give me a break.

You can thank PurpleGrad for that one. He had to put a plug in for his buddy but, he should have known what was going to happen. Boyd is kind of being flying under the radar but, they are a very good team. Probably the best in the region just my opinion.

This happens on EVERY Bledsoe thread..... They can't ever stay on topic..... Is Nic Hughes back at 100%?

Whopper say it doesn't matter if Mr. Hughes is back at 100%. This will be another mercy rule special! Boyd by as many as they won't! Whopper say he is worried its going to be a long year in all sports for Bledsoe Warriors.

This happens on EVERY Bledsoe thread..... They can't ever stay on topic..... Is Nic Hughes back at 100%?

There are some people that see the connection and the overall problems we are having to deal with. I am not going to even make a prediction this week because I can't stand to see in front of me how bad I think this one will be. And Bledsoebtheboys, if you had been around quality athletic programs like some of us have seen in this county, you would understand why there are so many people unhappy with what we have had to sit and watch week after week.

There are some people that see the connection and the overall problems we are having to deal with. I am not going to even make a prediction this week because I can't stand to see in front of me how bad I think this one will be. And Bledsoebtheboys, if you had been around quality athletic programs like some of us have seen in this county, you would understand why there are so many people unhappy with what we have had to sit and watch week after week.

Why don't you donate some of your free time to be a volunteer coach and work to make things better instead of being a coward that sits around on the computer and talks about the good ole days. You are too lazy to put forth the effort. You know nothing about how to support an athletic program, but you are probably a great athletic supporter.Ha Ha!!!!!!! Get it?? If not, ask somebody???

"It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."

This is my favorite quote. Its from Teddy Roosevelt. Somehow, its seems appropriate here.

As for football, I hope we keep our focus. With all the festivities of homecoming, it may be easy to get distracted. We are in a tough region. No foe should go without a certain measure of respect. I hope for another win.

BBS - 38

BC - 21

This could be a trap game for the BUCS coming off a big win at Red Bank and huge game with South Pitt in 2 weeks. I think the BUCS will use there huge offensive line to muscle around Bledsoe and with Hughes playing the best he has played all year at Red Bank i think the BUCS will be able to do whatever they want on the offensive side of the ball. I have no worries about the defense they have been phenomenal all year and will continue this week.

GO BUCS