Class A Mr. Basketball 2003

jonbon20

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I remember correctly Unaka has only one starter back and it is not Rusty Chambers. THey bring back starting point guard Cody Collins and that's it. Chambers while a good player did not start for Unaka last year. The kid that was unstoppable last year at Unaka was Aaron Dugger not Rusty Chambers. I don't know how Rusty Chambers name comes up in All-State talk much less Mr. Basketball. Although, Rusty is a good player. This is just my opinion.

Guest West73

I really think that Temple has two candidates for Mr. Basketball. They are Jake Skogen and Ryan Wadley. They are both worthy. They both bring different games to the table. :D

Posted by Campbelle2:

If I remember correctly Unaka has only one starter back and it is not Rusty Chambers. THey bring back starting point guard Cody Collins and that's it. Chambers while a good player did not start for Unaka last year. The kid that was unstoppable last year at Unaka was Aaron Dugger not Rusty Chambers. I don't know how Rusty Chambers name comes up in All-State talk much less Mr. Basketball. Although, Rusty is a good player. This is just my opinion.just to let u know chambers did start like the first 4 games of the season he got i guess coach just felt comfortable playing him as the 6thh man last year. no one said nothing bout being unstopable or better then the dugger kid i was just informing that the kid had scored like 16 that game

and did a great job on the boards.and did u even see what he did in the regional tournaments i guess not.but u are in for a big surprise this year i got a chance to watch him a camp he looks like a whole new different ball player now

just wait and see.

Posted by coacht:

JIMA6578- either delete the quotes out when you reply or put your message outside the quotes. Otherwise it is hard to tell who said what.

Yes that was my fault what I was saying i know its a little early in the year to be prediting mr basketball

but as in my earlier post.Chambers started the first 4 games of the season i covered some of the tournaments they was in and i also got to watch the boyd buchannon game to and until u bursted out into an uproar (campbelle) before

u could let me finish i was trying to tell u that they had very great defense on the dugger kid witch gave the open hand to chambers no one was saying he was unstopable it was just his night i also watched the temple game but he didnt have quite as great a game.but my point is i talked to him a couple days ago when i was at the courts down at the park watching my youngest play and had a chance to talk and watch him play he has gotten quicker way stronger and so much better in his jumping it looks like a whole new player.

but he had told me he had been in the weight room alot and had been running a whole lot more.my point is after watching him play over the summer when i was watching some teams over at the milligan camp.and i can tell he is gonna be one top player for the next 2 years to come.and by the way on that one guys post i do agree temple and unaka will be a great game.

Temple beat Unaka handily last year. Temple has four starters and their key players Wadley and State MVP Skogen coming back. They did lose Jeron Williams who was a very good player and their best on the ball defender. Unaka lost all three of their key players in Ben Cole, Dustin Collins and my pick for upper East Tennessee player of the year Aaron Dugger. Dugger signed with Lees McRae, Cole with Tusculum. I do think that Juniors to be Rusty Chambers and Cody Collins will be very good, but the Rangers of Donald Ensor will be a year away in my opinion. I thought Cloudland looked very good at Milligan and University High should be good. North Greene also looked like a threat. Hancock County and Powell Valley should both be very good form district two. This makes for a very competitive Regional Tourney. I only wish it were District 2's turn to host at the state of the art Tex Turner Arena at Lincoln Memorial University at Harrogate, TN. This facility seats 5500 while the Lacey Fieldhouse at Milligam seat maybe 1000. Its fun to watch games at LMU. Milligan's seating is too limited.

Temple also lost Johnny Hutchison, their starting point guard. I say this not to imply that Temple won't be any good, because they're definately the team to beat returning a solid core from their state championship team, but to give some props to a key player from last years team. He definately helped them win it all.

Guest cutnoslack

We are 4 months from the start of basketball season and already we are trying to select front runners for Mr. Basketball. Get a life people. Until 15 games are played into the season their is no front runners to Mr. Basketball. Is Temple good, sure, they will be very good this season. As to Hancock, who knows you lost a great coach who always had his teams ready to play. Nichols is good but he don't realize just how good he can be. Wadley is good and so is Skogens. Unaka, all I ever hear is they will be down this year, but for the past 5 seasons it is always the same. I agree Chambers and Collins are good but Unaka might be one year away. I would never count out Coach Ensor and his staff they do a remarkable job. I think the reason that Temple, Hancock County and Unaka have successful programs is that their coaches work their tales off. I know that fans have their favorite players choices but this thread is one that needs to stop until around the end of January. Then we can see which teams and players are playing at that type of level.

kubialkahn,

First of all, shut your trap!! If we want to talk about Mr. Basketball we can. That is what makes America great. We can talk about what we want to talk about, when we want to talk about it. Second of all, I only started this thread so I could educate myself on other players to look for when the season starts. In a couple weeks I wont be living in Tennesse anymore; but when I do come back to visit, I want to check out some players. I was only wondering what other players are out there and "could be" eligible for Mr. Basketball. No one is writing anything in stone or calling anyone a "front runner". Its just discussion about some good players.

[Edited by jonbon20 on 8-12-02 3:16P]