Smyrna v. Oakland  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Smyrna v. Oakland

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oakland has a chance to win with a 30 yard FG, missed it. Goes to the 4th OT

Oakland 1st possession inside the 1, 3rd down....... Smyrna holds.... 4th and 1........TO Oakland, going for it........... TD Oakland, PAT good 24-17 Smyrna's ball at the 10

Smyrna incomplete on 1st and 10, Bryson no gain on 2nd and 10, sets up 3rd and 10..........incomplete pass from Bryson into the end zone on 3rd down...... Smyrna takes a TO.. 4th down incomplete

Oakland 24 Smyrna 17 final Wow what a game

Oakland has a chance to win with a 30 yard FG, missed it. Goes to the 4th OT

Oakland 1st possession inside the 1, 3rd down....... Smyrna holds.... 4th and 1........TO Oakland, going for it........... TD Oakland, PAT good 24-17 Smyrna's ball at the 10

Smyrna incomplete on 1st and 10, Bryson no gain on 2nd and 10, sets up 3rd and 10..........incomplete pass from Bryson into the end zone on 3rd down...... Smyrna takes a TO.. 4th down incomplete

Oakland 24 Smyrna 17 final Wow what a game

dang thats a game....to bad we lost lol....thank you for keeping me updated

Ill be honest, I came away dissapointed, as both teams' offenses played nowhere near their caliber. especilly Oakland on offense. The Patriots were their own worst enemy tonight, yet somehow, someway, found a way to win once again. No excuses for that many penalites this late in the season, NONE AT ALL. I hate to second guess coaches, because I like to give em the benefit of the doubt, but Mac has to know when to go for it and when to swallow your pride and punt it, especially in a field position game, which this was.

Goes without saying that both defenses are as good as advertised and that they are the top 2 defense in the region and very well maybe in the mid-state as well. It seemed like Oakland got into Yoder's head after they blocked that fg in the 4th quarter, he look very shaky afterwards. Crazy, ugly game that im very glad turned out to be victorious for the Patriots, who dont have to worry any longer about qualifying for the playoffs. Hopefully the guys will get a few days off, then Oakland can do some major regrouping on offense

Hopefully 2P's heart made it thru this one as I have not seen him post yet. Sounds like it was a great game to watch for everyone. Hope the 'old' players from the 98 team enjoyed it.

Congratulations Oakland! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

OP, I doubt they get too many days off. Coach Mac will get their attention and will correct any that got any dumb penalties. It maybe Fall break, but it is still football season until December.

I agree with the previous post asking why wasn't this on tv.I get so sick and tired of region4-5a not getting the respect that is due.Here you have Smyrna,defending two time champs, been on tv once.Oakland, one of the best teams in middle tn,if not the whole state, not on tv any this season as far as I know.

I agree with the previous post asking why wasn't this on tv.I get so sick and tired of region4-5a not getting the respect that is due.Here you have Smyrna,defending two time champs, been on tv once.Oakland, one of the best teams in middle tn,if not the whole state, not on tv any this season as far as I know.

Last night they showed MBA vs Ensworth which was a really good game to watch actually. That had two undefeated teams with one currently #1 in the state (until last night) and in the top 100 in the country. Only down side is MBA lost.