Smyrna @ Oakland

MidTennFootball

Smyrna v. Oakland  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Smyrna v. Oakland

Truthfully, I think Oakland's D has always been its strength over the years that I have watched OHS ball. The difference this yr( that makes the D look even stouter) is that the O is doing their part to let the D have a blow during the game. Last yr's D was extremely good . They would hold the O , pull in an INT, or force a fumble....and then the O would turn it over on the very next play. That led to a lot of friction, disharmony, worn-out players, and losses. Had we just had a little bit of offense, I think we could have made the playoffs. This yr's team is much more balanced than the ones in the last few yrs. That leads to harmony and trust. The D can TRUST that the O will move the ball down the field and make their job easier. They can TRUST that when they force a turnover, the O will take advantage of it. I am not tryin g to insinuate that Coach White hasn't done an excellent job with the Defense b/c I think he has.

I think you are pretty much dead on. Even in its not so good year, Oakland has had a good defense. I think probably the main difference is that Oakland is a little bit faster than it has been in years past.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bryson is good, but Siegel didnt struggle to stop him at all. I think Oakland should take this one fairly easily if there D is as good as the hype its getting.

Would you or would you not agree that the Smyrna team you saw in week 0 is much different now?

Not taking anything away from your win but that was the worst this Smyrna team has played/looked and you all played well..................took advantage of dumb penalties/fumbles/INT's and took care of them.

I was referring to us and to yall. I think both of our teams have gelled more and have gotten more solid since week 0.

OK and I agree with you??¦??¦??¦??¦and my first comment was responding to a Siegel fan who said

???Bryson is good, but Siegel didn??™t struggle to stop him at all. I think Oakland should take this one fairly easily if there D is as good as the hype it??™s getting.???

I felt it was not a solid comment because the team Siegel beat will not be the same team that shows up this Friday.

I hope!!!!!

OK and I agree with you??¦??¦??¦??¦and my first comment was responding to a Siegel fan who said

???Bryson is good, but Siegel didn??™t struggle to stop him at all. I think Oakland should take this one fairly easily if there D is as good as the hype it??™s getting.???

I felt it was not a solid comment because the team Siegel beat will not be the same team that shows up this Friday.

I hope!!!!!

To be fair, wasnt 7 of Siegel's pts a fumble/int for a TD?

To be fair, wasnt 7 of Siegel's pts a fumble/int for a TD?

Yes, a INT returned for a TD and a long 60 or 70 run by #15 which lead to a 1 or 2 yard TD run for thier 14 points.

Hey, no question Siegel played well against Smyrna and beat them. Smyrna made some "young team" mistakes and Siegel took advantage of them.

I think Smyrna has fixed some of those issues and are playing much better as a team now. They should be right in this one at the end of the game tomorrow night.

17-14 but don't know who win's it. It should be close and exciting.

Good luck and it should be a great night for football.

Yes, a INT returned for a TD and a long 60 or 70 run by #15 which lead to a 1 or 2 yard TD run for thier 14 points.

Hey, no question Siegel played well against Smyrna and beat them. Smyrna made some "young team" mistakes and Siegel took advantage of them.

I think Smyrna has fixed some of those issues and are playing much better as a team now. They should be right in this one at the end of the game tomorrow night.

Ill be honest both teams penchant for playing great defense, 17-14 maybe a little too high. Im thinkin 10-7, 7-3. Wouldnt even be suprised to see a 3-0 win for either team

Smyrna vs. Siegel =2 field goals and a pick 6 for a TD with a 2 point conversion. Both teams have improved since week 1. It will be a great game.