Smyrna @ Oakland

MidTennFootball

Smyrna v. Oakland  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Smyrna v. Oakland

and btw oaklandpats, yalls whole program has done a GREAT job of "not counting your chickens before they hatch" or whatever you wanna call it, but i promise yall can start showing your excitement. yall are doing great and it sure is an amazing turn around from last year.

take it week by week of course...but in my opinion i think oakland is gonna take it week by off week by week by week by week by week by week by week by week by 8 day week...get what im saying? /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and btw oaklandpats, yalls whole program has done a GREAT job of "not counting your chickens before they hatch" or whatever you wanna call it, but i promise yall can start showing your excitement. yall are doing great and it sure is an amazing turn around from last year.

take it week by week of course...but in my opinion i think oakland is gonna take it week by off week by week by week by week by week by week by week by week by 8 day week...get what im saying? /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Well for some of us, just the recent dissapoints have us, or at least me, to a point where its a cautious optimism until Oakland is def back. I think we are still learning to win as a program and I dont think Oakland is all the way there. Honestly just making the playoffs will be a nice feeling, let alone playing for a gold ball. I think Oakland's best years are ahead of them as 3/4's of the team are underclassmen.

Ill settle for a 2-0 win tommorrow night, just as long as its a W in the record book. BTW TD, there is still plenty of time to come to the light side, that whole dark side thing is no bueno /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Well for some of us, just the recent dissapoints have us, or at least me, to a point where its a cautious optimism until Oakland is def back. I think we are still learning to win as a program and I dont think Oakland is all the way there. Honestly just making the playoffs will be a nice feeling, let alone playing for a gold ball. I think Oakland's best years are ahead of them as 3/4's of the team are underclassmen.

Ill settle for a 2-0 win tommorrow night, just as long as its a W in the record book. BTW TD, there is still plenty of time to come to the light side, that whole dark side thing is no bueno /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

well i sure do like oakland alot better than i did in years past. having younger siblings and living in oaklands zone, i dont guess i will have a choice but to like oakland over the next few years. besides yall basically took our whole infrastructure, besides the 2 headmasters (nolan and rankin). maybe it was oakland who saw the light? /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

well it sure does appear to be working...but like you said a few pages back, your alma mater is your alma mater, so they are still my number 1.

being distanced from the high school rivalries, i am simply pro-murfreesboro. still dont like smyrna, but since im pro-tennessee aswell i will support them if they ever face an out of state squad /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

well i sure do like oakland alot better than i did in years past. having younger siblings and living in oaklands zone, i dont guess i will have a choice but to like oakland over the next few years. besides yall basically took our whole infrastructure, besides the 2 headmasters (nolan and rankin). maybe it was oakland who saw the light? /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

well it sure does appear to be working...but like you said a few pages back, your alma mater is your alma mater, so they are still my number 1.

being distanced from the high school rivalries, i am simply pro-murfreesboro. still dont like smyrna, but since im pro-tennessee aswell i will support them if they ever face an out of state squad /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Were just oppurtunists, man. Coach A didnt want them, so we were happy to pick up the leftovers. Its a nice feeling for the ole alma mater to be relevant again, although I thought it unfair to expect playoffs from Coach Mac this season. Boy, I whiffed on that one

Funny ! I heard the same thing from a Gallitin fan last week.

Guess what, were not Gallatin. We heard the same thing from Wilson Central how they were going to score points allover the field and shut down Oakland's offense. We sent them home with their tail in bewteen their legs looking for answers as to why they didnt win. I hope Smyrna has it strapped on tight tonight, because its going to be a good old fashioned backyard brawl.

I agree, I think the differnence between this year's O and last year's O is the speedy O-line, and the stamina shown by everybody on the team. I was there for both Coach Ferg's agility practices and I watched some of Coach Mac's agilities. Coach Ferg would only halfway run the players and Coach Mac would run everyone until they puked

I participated in both programs and they are about the same. In reality Fergs teams were in better shape because we had to be. When you don't have subs, you are forced to. I see very winded linemen when they come off. The speed is noticeable because the current training is based on football actions rather focusing primarily on bench squat and clean. Everything is done not for overpowering strength but for a blend of the two.

Guess what, were not Gallatin. We heard the same thing from Wilson Central how they were going to score points allover the field and shut down Oakland's offense. We sent them home with their tail in bewteen their legs looking for answers as to why they didnt win. I hope Smyrna has it strapped on tight tonight, because its going to be a good old fashioned backyard brawl.

I think Smyrna knows Oakland is not Gallatin. However, Gallatin was and undefeated squad (just as Oakland is) that has a nice offence and it was handled.

With that said, Smyrna will be playing their most formidably opponent of the year. This being said with a schedule which includes; Brentwood Academy, Gallatin, Brentwood, and a much improved and solid Siegel.

I can??™t state this more strongly; this is a big game in the region. The rest of Smyrna Schedule is region games. So it is ???do or die??? No but a W for Smyrna will take them to 3-1 and Oakland to 3-1 in the region. This would leave Siegel as the only unbeaten team in the region. Assuming they handle LaVergne tonight. Opening it up and putting Smyrna in good shape to get into the playoff. I??™m sure many teams would not like that, knowing the resent history of Smyrna??™s play in the playoff.

An the other hand a W for Oakland with keep them undefeated in the region and set them up for a playoff birth which would be huge for that program.

What a ball game tonight ha? I can??™t get any work done thinking about it. I??™ll be there with my Purple and Gold hat on supporting Smyrna??™s young men and staff.

I still feel it come down to a big play or turnover and not sure who takes it.

I think you all know what I??™m hoping for though.

2P I hope this is not a reference to me. I do not call varsity but I did call the freshmen game last night.

The Stork

Well the best part is that it is at OHS that night. I don't know if I could take that Smyrna PA guy one more time. Totally obnoxious . WOW.........something just hit me.........I think Bandawg IS that guy.

I KNOW this yr's team will be inspired by the 98 team being honored that night! I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!! I do hate missing the Franklin vs Brentwood game though. After seeing Marty U last Friday, I am more than ready to see big Donnie Webb! These guys are the absolute GREATEST in my eyes and I would give anything to see them on the same sidelines once again! Preferably with a big O . It just doesn't seem right not having the two coaches responsible for that ring at the ceremony that night.

I think Smyrna knows Oakland is not Gallatin. However, Gallatin was and undefeated squad (just as Oakland is) that has a nice offence and it was handled.

With that said, Smyrna will be playing their most formidably opponent of the year. This being said with a schedule which includes; Brentwood Academy, Gallatin, Brentwood, and a much improved and solid Siegel.

I can??™t state this more strongly; this is a big game in the region. The rest of Smyrna Schedule is region games. So it is ???do or die??? No but a W for Smyrna will take them to 3-1 and Oakland to 3-1 in the region. This would leave Siegel as the only unbeaten team in the region. Assuming they handle LaVergne tonight. Opening it up and putting Smyrna in good shape to get into the playoff. I??™m sure many teams would not like that, knowing the resent history of Smyrna??™s play in the playoff.

An the other hand a W for Oakland with keep them undefeated in the region and set them up for a playoff birth which would be huge for that program.

What a ball game tonight ha? I can??™t get any work done thinking about it. I??™ll be there with my Purple and Gold hat on supporting Smyrna??™s young men and staff.

I still feel it come down to a big play or turnover and not sure who takes it.

I think you all know what I??™m hoping for though.

I know this, but I felt that it needed to be brought up since American Bulldog appears to think that is the case. Gallatin may have had the better offense, but Oakland has the superior defense.

I couldnt have said it any better in underscoring how this game should go and the importance of it. I would certainl,y feel much better if Oakland had a spot locked going into the bye week then having 2 weeks to try to clinch a spot again.