Smyrna @ Oakland

MidTennFootball

Smyrna v. Oakland  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Smyrna v. Oakland

Smyrna vs. Siegel =2 field goals and a pick 6 for a TD with a 2 point conversion. Both teams have improved since week 1. It will be a great game.

when Smyrna played Siegel in week 0 Smyrna's best players played offense/defense/special

teams.By the third qtr most of the starters were on the bench tired or hurt .Oakland wont see any

players playing both ways. They will get a fresh dose of Bryson all nite.

Smyrna 27 Oakland 10

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Smyrna vs. Siegel =2 field goals and a pick 6 for a TD with a 2 point conversion. Both teams have improved since week 1. It will be a great game.

You know what, your right. Sorry, I mis-informed you all. I got hit in the head a lot in my playing days and seem to forget some little things.

Both D's should be strong like OaklandPatriots pointed out but I'm still sticking with the 17-14 score. There will be lots of talent in the house Friday Night.............on both squads.

Honestly, I want him at his best friday night. I want to see if Oakland can man up and stop what is probably the best running back in the region and one of the best in the state, along with hicks, they both make a formidable duo.

I also hope Bryson's in top shape, because if we can stop him at the top of his game, because, if we make it far into the state, we're going to need that kind of experience against running backs at that skill leve,l and higher.

Also don't forget that our defence does get good practice against Precious Valentine and B.J. Nelson. That may help them get prepared for Bryson, our d-line is UNSTOPPABLE though.

Truthfully, I think Oakland's D has always been its strength over the years that I have watched OHS ball. The difference this yr( that makes the D look even stouter) is that the O is doing their part to let the D have a blow during the game. Last yr's D was extremely good . They would hold the O , pull in an INT, or force a fumble....and then the O would turn it over on the very next play. That led to a lot of friction, disharmony, worn-out players, and losses. Had we just had a little bit of offense, I think we could have made the playoffs. This yr's team is much more balanced than the ones in the last few yrs. That leads to harmony and trust. The D can TRUST that the O will move the ball down the field and make their job easier. They can TRUST that when they force a turnover, the O will take advantage of it. I am not tryin g to insinuate that Coach White hasn't done an excellent job with the Defense b/c I think he has.

I agree, I think the differnence between this year's O and last year's O is the speedy O-line, and the stamina shown by everybody on the team. I was there for both Coach Ferg's agility practices and I watched some of Coach Mac's agilities. Coach Ferg would only halfway run the players and Coach Mac would run everyone until they puked

i dont expect smyrna to even remotely match the intensity oakland brings to the field friday night. i know what a game versus smyrna has meant to these coaches in the past and while the colors they wear have changed they will still take the same approach as always. for white and gardner, last time they saw the bulldogs was a 9-7 loss im sure they still want to avenge.

of course none of these players were part of that rivalry, but by the time they strap up tomorrow i think they will be MORE hungry to beat the bulldogs than they were riverdale earlier this season.

like the coaches i would love to see another 35-0 or 65-20, somewhere along those lines. but i know they value that goose egg and they havent given up more than 10 this year. as good as oaklands defense has been they have yet to achieve that goose egg, so i'll challenge them to do that tomorrow night

when Smyrna played Siegel in week 0 Smyrna's best players played offense/defense/special

teams.By the third qtr most of the starters were on the bench tired or hurt .Oakland wont see any

Smyrna 27 Oakland 10

you're silly /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

i dont expect smyrna to even remotely match the intensity oakland brings to the field friday night. i know what a game versus smyrna has meant to these coaches in the past and while the colors they wear have changed they will still take the same approach as always. for white and gardner, last time they saw the bulldogs was a 9-7 loss im sure they still want to avenge.

of course none of these players were part of that rivalry, but by the time they strap up tomorrow i think they will be MORE hungry to beat the bulldogs than they were riverdale earlier this season.

like the coaches i would love to see another 35-0 or 65-20, somewhere along those lines. but i know they value that goose egg and they havent given up more than 10 this year. as good as oaklands defense has been they have yet to achieve that goose egg, so i'll challenge them to do that tomorrow night

It sound like Smyrna should not even get on the bus.

They seem to have no shot. Do they deserve to share the same air of a Murfreeboro shoool?

I'm sure both teams are hungry and want this game. A turnover or big play will turn it one way or the other.

They seem to have no shot. Do they deserve to share the same air of a Murfreesboro shoool?

I'm sure both teams are hungry and want this game. A turnover or big play will turn it one way or the other.

Now that you mention it....No. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Just kidding of course. I personally believe it will be a good, close game. I can't wait.

Smyrna 27 Oakland 10

You do realize that Oakland has only given up 39 pts all year, and gives up about 3 yards per carry on the ground? Smyrna may win but they wont score 27 by running into the strength of the entire Oakland team, its front 7.

TD, as much as I would love for that to be the case, it wouldnt be Oakland's style to win a game in a dominant fashion. We like to grind it out, make our adjustments at halftime and then pull through for the victory.

"our d-line is UNSTOPPABLE though."

Really??????

WOW!!!!!

I look forward to seeing that.

Unstoppable? No, but its pretty good. I will go as far as say that its best defense/defensive line that Oakland has had since those 98 and 99 teams. Murray, Barrett, McAdoo and Amey will all play in college and McAdoo is destined for the big time in Division I.

They seem to have no shot. Do they deserve to share the same air of a Murfreeboro shoool?

Now that you mention it....No. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />