Cookeville @ MUS

Mr. Heisman

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to MUS ! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Have you made your prediction 85warrior? Seems like everyone thinks they are a 2 touchdown fav.

Uh....I predict 42-0. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

I said I'd be back on after the game, so here I am. Don't really know what to say...I know the loss stings and the ride home will be hard, but you'll recover. The Owls clicked tonight, and I'm proud of them. Thanks to the Cavs for a good home and home series. Hope you guys win out.

Cookeville was completely dominated by MUS. 42-0 was the final and I dont think cookeville even came close to scoring.I hope this dont bring down cookeville for the rest of the season.

Cookeville has nothing to be ashamed of, by getting dominated by MUS.

-----------------------------------------------------------

While I am a bit shocked by the margin of victory, given Cookeville's undefeated record, I am not surprised at all by MUS' win. MUS has a very darn good football team (at least 3 times better than last year). The fact is...they are going to beat a whole lot of teams!

I've been telling everybody who would listen, that MUS is a bona fide D-II State Championship contender. They are the best team in the Memphis area (I've seen all the top ones, except Millington). I've been saying this ever since I witnessed the MANNER in which MUS defeated a very good Melrose team (MUS 13-12), way back during week zero.

For the record: While I've been accused...I am NOT affiliated with MUS or any other Private school; I'm just a long-time fan & observer of Memphis area HS football. I'm a PUBLIC shool grad.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Best of luck to Cookeville the rest of the season.... I hope that you all made it back home, safely.

MUS quarterback Barry Brunetti connected for touchdowns passes of 39 yards to Stephond Allmond, 48 to Keith McBride and 61 to Hank Hill. Brunetti also crossed the goal line on runs of 2 and 45 yards to ignite a big-play offense that was stagnant in the Owls' 20-17 overtime loss to this same Cavalier team last year.

"They play a very aggressive defense that kept us from making the big plays on offense last year," said Alston. "This year we had our chances and took advantage of them. That was the difference."

MUS out-gained Cookeville 354 to 77 in total yards, giving up just 21 yards in the second half. Cavalier running back Zach Salada, who entered the game averaging 107 yards rushing, was limited to 5.

"Payback is nice," said senior defensive lineman Jack Steffner.

Brunetti hit on 5-of-8 passes for 171 yards.