Carter vs Seymour

sportsnut624

First Carter is not a 4A school. Carter has around 900 students a lot least than Seymour. Second Coach Householder is a great coach and anybody who know him knows what type of a person he is. He is a better person than he is a coach and as I said he is a great coach. Carter will not move up next year but Seymour will so they will not be in the same class after this year.

Carter is smaller than Seymour, but both have over 1000 students now. Seymour has been a 4A school in 3A the last two years...

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KevB1990 Carter only has 861 students. I look for tonights game to be a great one both teams are fired up and ready to go.

geez d112369, don't you ever get tired of being wrong? TSSAA just released numbers: Seymour - 1,216, Carter - 1,028 (but, hey, you were within 200 or so).

Ole Red's looking forward to visiting Carter and seeing some real Friday night, East Tennessee, smash mouth football. If I was betting, I'd have to take Carter.

KevB1990 Carter only has 861 students. I look for tonights game to be a great one both teams are fired up and ready to go.

That's funny because the T$$AA just reported the enrollments today and Carter is over 1000...hmmm... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Good high school game. I was impressed with 47 (not sure name) for Seymour as well as the backs of Carter but I thought that both teams had better improve on defense or it could get ugly in the playoffs. My only complaint about the game was the Seymour players celebrating on the "C" in the middle of the field. I know emotions are running high but I still think that teams should be respectful in victory and defeat. Good luck to Seymour in their remaining games.

KevB- I graduated last year from Carter and the enrollment was only 973 but I've heard this freshman class is massive so I would say the over 1000 number is accurate.

fantastic high school football game! Seymour's offense was pretty much unstoppable once #15 came in at QB, that kid is a wizard in that offense - Carter just couldn't find the football. That said, and absolutely no disrespect meant to Seymour, Carter probably wins if they avoid penalties. From what Carter fans said tonight, it's an ongoing problem that has yet to be addressed and may well wash them out of the playoffs early again if they don't do something to correct it.

Both teams made some pretty serious mistakes on the penalty side. Carter did have almost twice as much yardage in that area. It was a seesaw for the fans, especially the last 5 minutes. I wasn't sure why the clock started again after Carter got the illegal substitution penalty. There wasn't much time left and they were trying to run out the clock. There was a new 25 second count with the clock running. Why not just keep taking the same penalty and run out the clock?

Seymour has been two semi-finals. Both against Portland.

Seymour has been to the semifinals 3 times under Householder, once in the 80s and the two times losing to state champion Portland I think 99-00. Seymour also had a long winning streak against Fulton, playing them in the regular season every year for 4 or 5 years and in the playoffs each year. You cannot question the success that Householder had had in 30 something years coaching at Seymour.

Hey StrawplainsFLOPPER! Where are you at? Not man enough to give credit where credit is due? Oh, well not a suprise and besides, its obvious you HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT!

Nice job Eagles. I was very impressed with how you all overcame a tough start and that late big play by the hornets. Seymour needs to build on this win.

You can't replace a Coach Cotter! The man has given alot to his Alma Mater. Over 35 years!