HUNTLAND HIGH SCHOOL:

9- HUNTLAND-MIDDLETON

10- OPEN

11- COLLINWOOD-COFFEE COUNTY

12- OPEN

1- MOORE COUNTY-MIDDLETON

2- HUNTLAND-LINCOLN COUNTY JV

3- TULLAHOMA-RICHLAND

Who was impressive yesterday? Teams and individuals? Any surprises?

I was there to watch Tullahoma and the way their schedule fell, I didn't get a chance to get around to different gyms. I did see Smyrna a couple of times, and they looked good. Beat Moore County 20-plus but lost to Obion County in a close one. My first look at Fussell, and I was absolutely impressed. She has size, strength, quickness, ball skills and can score from anywhere. Also a great passer. I haven't seen a better high school girl in a long time. Also saw Blackman and Dyersburg play. Blackman looked good and won by six or eight points. I know Mt. Juliet beat Shelbyville, Cookeville and Forrest (overtime) but didn't see any of the games. The Mt. Juliet coach said Forrest hit 7 of 11 three-pointers and really got up and down the floor.

Tullahoma scores:

Tullahoma 34

Bledsoe County 17

(Tullahoma took control early and kept control)

Tullahoma 34

Blackman 38

(Tullahoma led most of the way but Blackman nursed a small lead the final 10 minutes. Tullahoma killed itself at the free throw line. Missed 12 of them.)

Tullahoma 32

Richland 36

(Tullahoma again died at the FT line, missing 10. Richland has a nice post player who can score from all over the floor and she did just that. Might need to get in a little better basketball shape, and if she does, she could be a real hand full.)

I was there to watch Tullahoma and the way their schedule fell, I didn't get a chance to get around to different gyms. I did see Smyrna a couple of times, and they looked good. Beat Moore County 20-plus but lost to Obion County in a close one. My first look at Fussell, and I was absolutely impressed. She has size, strength, quickness, ball skills and can score from anywhere. Also a great passer. I haven't seen a better high school girl in a long time. Also saw Blackman and Dyersburg play. Blackman looked good and won by six or eight points. I know Mt. Juliet beat Shelbyville, Cookeville and Forrest (overtime) but didn't see any of the games. The Mt. Juliet coach said Forrest hit 7 of 11 three-pointers and really got up and down the floor.

Lawrence County looked good against Wilson Central (last years state champs). They are very young this year only having one senior and one junior on the team and finished tied with the state champs only to lose by 2 in a sudden death overtime.

Tullahoma scores:

Tullahoma 34

Bledsoe County 17

(Tullahoma took control early and kept control)

Tullahoma 34

Blackman 38

(Tullahoma led most of the way but Blackman nursed a small lead the final 10 minutes. Tullahoma killed itself at the free throw line. Missed 12 of them.)

Tullahoma 32

Richland 36

(Tullahoma again died at the FT line, missing 10. Richland has a nice post player who can score from all over the floor and she did just that. Might need to get in a little better basketball shape, and if she does, she could be a real hand full.)