7 AAA so far

Whitey

Siegel 1 Blackman 0

Is anyone one else surprised that this game was so close. Am I right that this was #1 seed vs #4 seed. While the #2 seed Riverdale score was 7-1 againest #3 seeded Oakland......I guess Blackman did come to play. Keeperfan has faith in them for next year, are they a young upcoming team?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is anyone one else surprised that this game was so close. Am I right that this was #1 seed vs #4 seed. While the #2 seed Riverdale score was 7-1 againest #3 seeded Oakland......I guess Blackman did come to play. Keeperfan has faith in them for next year, are they a young upcoming team?

The article posted on the newspaper articles thread sheds some light on this result.

It appears that Siegel was hammering on Blackman's goal for much of the night, but inspired defense and goalkeeping kept the score very tight.

Congratulations Blackman, you hung with a very good team. They (Siegel) might just win it all.

Yes I have faith in them for next year. Loosing just three senior starters. Need some key injuries to heal up for next year. They hung with a very good team and had very limited substitution options due to injuries. A healthy Blackman next year will be a team to be reckoned with.

*Vent Warning*

After reading the article on the game from the DNJ I've just got to get this out of my system. On the whole, the officiating was pretty good. It seemed that the questionable calls went about 50/50. Actually, there were two or three offsides against Siegel that probably weren't. However, the article mentions Blackman's last scoring opportunity. According to the reporter, the ball was deflected over the top of the goal. It was. Syd made a beautiful save with a fingertip deflection with what must have been a 30"+ vertical leap. You wanted to film it and show keepers how it is supposed to look. That said, the AR awarded a goal kick. Why? He had his back to the end line, head turned carrying on a conversation with a player and parents outside the fence. Would it have made a difference in the outcome, maybe not but who knows. There were two other instances where he awarded goal kicks where there should have been corner kicks. Rocket shots toward goal that went through a gaggle of Siegel players that suddenly shot straight up. Had it just been a bad call, blinked or sneezed or something, bad luck but no big deal. Thats what I put the first two off on. But to be focused on something other than the game DURING active play? BOTH teams deserve better. Not an inditement against all refs. I don't admit it much in public, but I have several friends that are refs. So before you blast me about complaining, or tell me if I want to fix the problem become a ref, start trying to clean up your own ranks. We want these youngsters to respect the game. Those officiating need to have the same commitment. There, I'm done.

Is it true that both Haley and Kim did not play tuesday night because of injuries still bothering them? And if so, are they going to play tonight? Hope they do, that's a big loss to Siegel if they don't.

Kim played Tuesday as well as Thursday against Riverdale. Hayley did not play against Blackman or Riverdale. Hopefully, she will be able to play in Regionals.

Kim played Tuesday as well as Thursday against Riverdale. Hayley did not play against Blackman or Riverdale. Hopefully, she will be able to play in Regionals.

The people I have talked to say that Siegel beating Riverdale earlier this year was kind of an upset. I haven't seen Siegel play this year, but Riverdale whipped the pants off Shelbyville twice this year. Siegel must be pretty darn good to beat Riverdale. Should be a good matchup, hope the loser tires out before they come toShelbyville on Monday night, ha ha. Was both teams at full strength earlier when they played?

The people I have talked to say that Siegel beating Riverdale earlier this year was kind of an upset. I haven't seen Siegel play this year, but Riverdale whipped the pants off Shelbyville twice this year. Siegel must be pretty darn good to beat Riverdale. Should be a good matchup, hope the loser tires out before they come toShelbyville on Monday night, ha ha. Was both teams at full strength earlier when they played?

Wouldnt call it an upset. Both teams are strong. To answer your question, the first time they played, Siegel played most of the second half without senior starters Hayley Sloan and Kim Conrad. Not sure about Riverdale.

Heard that the Riverdale Football game has been moved to Thursday, October 30. What if Riverdale hosts the Region Finals? Many thing have to happen on Tuesday for this to occur but if that were to happen where will the game be played?

The word I have gotten is the Soccer game would be played at 4pm at the stadium with the football game to follow. Riverdale must beat Columbia tomorrow for this to be an issue. Not sure what the scenario would be if Shelbyville happens to upset Siegel, who would be the host for the finals????

The word I have gotten is the Soccer game would be played at 4pm at the stadium with the football game to follow. Riverdale must beat Columbia tomorrow for this to be an issue. Not sure what the scenario would be if Shelbyville happens to upset Siegel, who would be the host for the finals????

Per TSSSA's website, District 8's winner would host the Regional final if they win their semi-final game.

Possible outcomes:

Riverdale Wins and Siegel Wins - Final @ Riverdale

Riverdale Wins and Shelbyville Wins - Final @ Shelbyville

Columbia wins and Shelbyville Wins - Final @ Shelbyville

Columbia wins and Siegel Wins - Final @ Columbia

Yes I have faith in them for next year. Loosing just three senior starters. Need some key injuries to heal up for next year. They hung with a very good team and had very limited substitution options due to injuries. A healthy Blackman next year will be a team to be reckoned with.

*Vent Warning*

After reading the article on the game from the DNJ I've just got to get this out of my system. On the whole, the officiating was pretty good. It seemed that the questionable calls went about 50/50. Actually, there were two or three offsides against Siegel that probably weren't. However, the article mentions Blackman's last scoring opportunity. According to the reporter, the ball was deflected over the top of the goal. It was. Syd made a beautiful save with a fingertip deflection with what must have been a 30"+ vertical leap. You wanted to film it and show keepers how it is supposed to look. That said, the AR awarded a goal kick. Why? He had his back to the end line, head turned carrying on a conversation with a player and parents outside the fence. Would it have made a difference in the outcome, maybe not but who knows. There were two other instances where he awarded goal kicks where there should have been corner kicks. Rocket shots toward goal that went through a gaggle of Siegel players that suddenly shot straight up. Had it just been a bad call, blinked or sneezed or something, bad luck but no big deal. Thats what I put the first two off on. But to be focused on something other than the game DURING active play? BOTH teams deserve better. Not an inditement against all refs. I don't admit it much in public, but I have several friends that are refs. So before you blast me about complaining, or tell me if I want to fix the problem become a ref, start trying to clean up your own ranks. We want these youngsters to respect the game. Those officiating need to have the same commitment. There, I'm done.

I was not at this game, so my comments are not related to either team ot the Referees involved. I have not been very satisifed with the overall reffing throughout the season. I had hoped and thought that the Refs this season would call much tighter games to minimize the injuries to the players. This has not been the case. The calls were mostly good calls; but, way too many calls were left unmade- leading to several games getting way out of control. The best reffed game this year that I have watched was the Smyrna vs Tullahoma game. The refs simply did there job. No it was not perfect- but about as close as you can get. Thanks to all the refs who put forth the extra effort to get the job done right!!!!!!!!