Sullivan Central @ Sullivan South

83SouthRebel

Looking for a South win, from the sounds of things Coach Nelson needs a little southern kindness! Everyone please remember that Scott will be glad to be in the friendly confines of his alma mater, if you get a chance let him know how much he was appreciated for the blood, sweat, and tears he shed on this field for his "south pride"! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Also hoping for a injury free game, and safe travels for our guest!

Central I hope that you guys have a better second half of a season, I know that things aren't going so well so far this season, but you always have two choices, either take the hand your dealt and go all in or fold! I don't think you guys are the type to fold, so GOOD LUCK! If you get a chance central fans give me a hollar I will be right behind you guys working in the concession stand. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Rebels thank you for all your hard work you guys put in everyday, your hard work is paying off and it shows on the field!

Rebel Nation!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not in the know, but I don't think Scott Nelson is the nucleus of the problem. I think the problem was embedded when he got there and the roots are deep.

You misunderstood my post. Coach Nelson is a good strong Christian man. I knew his mother well. He's not the problem it's them kids he's got to work with. He stepped into a hornet's nest out there and I'm a hoping he don't get stung. Hopefully he'll get outta thar while the gittins good. He's got too much talent to be a wastin hit out thar on the interstate. Them parents out thar like to run coaches off....just ask Thomas, Hooks, Delph and the list goes on and on.................

This is to the Frosh parents.

I remember when Conte' McMillian, back in '05, in normal conversation during preseason said to me, "Well, you've got 3 more years after this one so you need to enjoy every minute of it. It will be gone soon enough and then what will you do? I was like, "Yeah, I know what you mean." She knew I didn't have a clue. She was gracious through it all and husband Cham' a rock of Gibraltor. I remember seeing the tear rolling down her face at Homecoming that year. Her Jake had been a super-athlete from Optimist all the way through South.

Today, I went to the Homecoming festivities at school and I was like to my wife...I have things to do, I have business to take care of, I don't have time...As I leaned against the railing where I watched the kids do their thing I remembered when I did the same things so long ago but only yesterday in my mind. And then I thought of Conte' and Cham'.

And now I am dressed for the game and I hesitate to go for it will be my last homecoming at Death Valley. And now I understand how Conte' felt.

Rebel Nation.

Oh it's Homecomin thar boys and mama roberts done got blinders on her baby boy carl so he won't look at some FINE wimmen in tha Homecomin Court! But being the IVY LEAGUE prospect that he is, he'll take off them blinders when mama ain't looking. My buddy and lifelong friend, Major Amos T. Hoople said hit best. "Successful teams have camaraderie on and off the field." Coach Carter is one class act, not that Coach Nelson ain't, but Scott done got a posse of them Central parents on his tail already. How many does this make they done got fared? Ya can't make a silk purse outta a sow's ear or in this case ya can't make chicken salad if you only got chicken...............well never mind. boola boola

Only an adult jerk from "let me guess" HOLSTON VALLEY would post something as childish as this. It's different when kids get on here and say things about other kids, this is different. I remember you from basketball and know you are a Central hater. Don't get on here and say anything about kids. I know Carl and what kind of kid he is. If you don't have anything good to say about "any" kids, Just keep you trap shut!!!

This is to the Frosh parents.

I remember when Conte' McMillian, back in '05, in normal conversation during preseason said to me, "Well, you've got 3 more years after this one so you need to enjoy every minute of it. It will be gone soon enough and then what will you do? I was like, "Yeah, I know what you mean." She knew I didn't have a clue. She was gracious through it all and husband Cham' a rock of Gibraltor. I remember seeing the tear rolling down her face at Homecoming that year. Her Jake had been a super-athlete from Optimist all the way through South.

Today, I went to the Homecoming festivities at school and I was like to my wife...I have things to do, I have business to take care of, I don't have time...As I leaned against the railing where I watched the kids do their thing I remembered when I did the same things so long ago but only yesterday in my mind. And then I thought of Conte' and Cham'.

And now I am dressed for the game and I hesitate to go for it will be my last homecoming at Death Valley. And now I understand how Conte' felt.

Rebel Nation.

Great post. Enjoy it while you can.

Agreed. Sieger should have been hired to coach Central when Nelson was hired. He has proven himself at Holston as a quality head coach. What had Nelson done before Central hired him? I hear politics went a long way to determining his fate. Some influential boosters wanted their son(s) to play specific positions and didn't feel Seeger would bow to their wills. At Holston he put players in positions to give the TEAM the best chance to win. Not necessarily their preferred positions. The kids from Holston in this year's Central senior class beat Colonial Heights in the county championship game when when they were 8th graders on South's field. Now they can't win a game! Give me a break! Clearly the ball is getting dropped after the kids leave Seeger's tutelage. If I had kids concerned about both academics and athletics I would send them to South also. How many drubbings must Central kids and fans endure before the adults do something about it?

HS Football success on a continuing basis requires continuity in the coaching staff, a head coach who ruthlessly installs his program of doing things down to the smallest detail, community support, and athletes. In 2003, I seem to recall Central beat South fairly handily. How those programs have parted ways over the past 5 years. IMO, Central has made two bad decisions to hire coaches in the past several years (they had a chance to get Ralph Nelson and passed on him and they picked Scott Nelson instead of Chas Seeger). South has a great head coach and coaching staff who have put in their program and run it with a friendly face but a steely will.

Athletic talent runs in cycles. South has had a great talent cycle. Central has not had such a talent run (no CP there) but their Holston group has certainly been very successful in MS. The difference is player retention and development. South does it much better that Central. A key to retention is if the sport is the "thing to do" in the community and school. HS sports takes discretionary effort from teenagers. This is one reason Graham Clark and D-B are so successful. South has become a football school; Central has become a basketball school.

Only an adult jerk from "let me guess" HOLSTON VALLEY would post something as childish as this. It's different when kids get on here and say things about other kids, this is different. I remember you from basketball and know you are a Central hater. Don't get on here and say anything about kids. I know Carl and what kind of kid he is. If you don't have anything good to say about "any" kids, Just keep you trap shut!!!

Last I heard no individual could tell another one he could not post an opinion. You remember me but you seem to forget my opinions of the REAL athletes at Central. There is none better than Albright or DeVault. As for football, Walling is very talented and Snapp is strong on the line; I prefer to call them as I see them. I've probably coached kids older than you are sir and my opinion is shared by a lot of my old colleagues. And my friends on the message boards enjoy my discussions of the up and coming athletes... Politics are ruining your football program at Central. Or maybe you already know that

Oh it's Homecomin thar boys and mama roberts done got blinders on her baby boy carl so he won't look at some FINE wimmen in tha Homecomin Court! But being the IVY LEAGUE prospect that he is, he'll take off them blinders when mama ain't looking. My buddy and lifelong friend, Major Amos T. Hoople said hit best. "Successful teams have camaraderie on and off the field." Coach Carter is one class act, not that Coach Nelson ain't, but Scott done got a posse of them Central parents on his tail already. How many does this make they done got fared? Ya can't make a silk purse outta a sow's ear or in this case ya can't make chicken salad if you only got chicken...............well never mind. boola boola

Read your post again. Why single out Carl, he's a good kid I don't care what his mom does. If you're as old as you say, I would hate to see the program you coached. As you said in your last post, your friends must be just like you if they enjoy this. You have got the wrong kid when your talking about Ivy League. Maybe you will try to find out who he is and bash him. That is your style. As I remember you're the one who doesn't think JH from Holston is a good coach. There seems to be a connection with some of your remarks. Keep posting and you will reveal who you are. I've got a good idea who you are. boola boola "ACT YOU AGE".