District 4AA

QSouth89

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't say walden was the go to guy. I would say conaty last year. But about this year i would say either ponzuric, broussard, widmer, or hood. Kind of like ScottA said whoever is hot.

ya..i just saw them play stone at stone last year and walden took most of their big shots so i just assumed it was like that all the time...good luck to catholic

ya..i just saw them play stone at stone last year and walden took most of their big shots so i just assumed it was like that all the time...good luck to catholic

You would be correct. Walden stepped up in the big games. And.....Conaty got the benefit of most people focusing on Walden who would give the ball up to the open man. I think the Stone and AC games would be prime examples. I think if you were to ask the coaches in the district it would probably be 100% that Walden was the go to player in their minds.

You would be correct. Walden stepped up in the big games. And.....Conaty got the benefit of most people focusing on Walden who would give the ball up to the open man. I think the Stone and AC games would be prime examples. I think if you were to ask the coaches in the district it would probably be 100% that Walden was the go to player in their minds.

So you are telling me that conaty was the player that scored the majority of the points but walden is still the go to guy. I also read an article while catholic was somewhere in kentucky and conaty made the game-winning shot. I also noticed that walden didn't score over ten points in some of their games. It looked like his shot was down last year. But if this is your definition of the go to player then maybe it was walden.

So you are telling me that conaty was the player that scored the majority of the points but walden is still the go to guy. I also read an article while catholic was somewhere in kentucky and conaty made the game-winning shot. I also noticed that walden didn't score over ten points in some of their games. It looked like his shot was down last year. But if this is your definition of the go to player then maybe it was walden.

I don't know that Conaty ended up outscoring Walden by very much. Conaty was actually benched at the end of the year. I think if you factor in assists, rebounds and steals along with defense and leadership you could see part of the difference. He also faced defenses that were more geared to stopping him. AC ended up double teaming him in the tourney to make sure he didn't beat them again. He was All-District and All-Region for 3 years and is getting college paid for playing basketball based on the recommendation of an opposing district coach.

Time for updated district info. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I don't know that Conaty ended up outscoring Walden by very much. Conaty was actually benched at the end of the year. I think if you factor in assists, rebounds and steals along with defense and leadership you could see part of the difference. He also faced defenses that were more geared to stopping him. AC ended up double teaming him in the tourney to make sure he didn't beat them again. He was All-District and All-Region for 3 years and is getting college paid for playing basketball based on the recommendation of an opposing district coach.

Time for updated district info. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Coanty was not benched, he was injured. He finished the year playing on 2 sprained ankles and a cracked bone in his wrist. Michael Conaty was the Irish leading scorer last year by average and overall points. Michael and Ryan were very good players and I wish them well in college. Also, I'm assuming that Coach Hutchens calling Milligan's head coach on a daily basis and Coach Scott, who knew Coach Edwards when he played for Unicoi County, had nothing to do with helping Ryan?

Catholic lost to Greenville 59-49. The Green Devils made 10 field goals on the night. The difference, Greenville 38 for 59 from the freethrow line. The Irish 11-15. Very physical game. Next up for the Irish at Scott County.