District 8-A...How does it shape up

Stark1

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope FCS didn't lose their playmaker thsi past Sat night in football. He has a hurt shoulder and scheduled for a MRI today. He is FCS leader and will be needed on the court for FCS to compete for the district and region championships.

Maasen only has a strain in shoulder. Will not play against MJCA this week but will be ready for the playoffs. Just hope he don't hurt it during the playoffs. If we get by the Lookout Valley/Silverdale we get the BEST team in 1A (at least that's what is going around) South Pitt......probably FCS's last football game.....

Then its time for RoundBall!

Maasen only has a strain in shoulder. Will not play against MJCA this week but will be ready for the playoffs. Just hope he don't hurt it during the playoffs. If we get by the Lookout Valley/Silverdale we get the BEST team in 1A (at least that's what is going around) South Pitt......probably FCS's last football game.....

Then its time for RoundBall!

It's just my opinion but the best team in 1A football is the team that ran over you this past Saturday night and everyone else in this region. Enough football talk though, this is a basketball board after all. I look forward to the upcoming season in this district. G-ville has high hopes this season, and I know it will be tough getting through this district and region. FCS should be very good and I think they along with Gordonsville will do very well this year. I look forward to when these two teams meet! Hopefully we can play each other about 4 or 5 times /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Making my first appearance on the Coach T board......Big FCS fan......

I think FCS and Gordonsville will be the teams to beat in 8A this year. From FCS's point of view we will bring back everyone but the Styles kid who graduated and went to Vol State. We did however get a new student in from North Carolina (and no we didn't recruit him). His dad has a twin brother here in Lebanon and both are pilots I think. Nathan Boyd will be the transfer and is a senior. Played with us in camp this summer. Will be an added addition to a very tall FCS team. We should win the boards in every game we play....We have Boyd, Goodner, Tetter, Sorrels, and Neal who have the height to hit the boards.......We have our playmaker Lee Maasen and should have good bench support from Wilson, Hill, Ward, Haddock, and Bentley (all soph and jr's). We also have a good nucleus of freshman that could make a difference......Reeves, Gaines, patterson, and DeFevers are just a few.

I think overall we have 23 players and hopefully will have several JV games like we have had in the past few years.

Looking forward to being on the board and ready for the basketball season to begin.

It's just my opinion but the best team in 1A football is the team that ran over you this past Saturday night and everyone else in this region. Enough football talk though, this is a basketball board after all. I look forward to the upcoming season in this district. G-ville has high hopes this season, and I know it will be tough getting through this district and region. FCS should be very good and I think they along with Gordonsville will do very well this year. I look forward to when these two teams meet! Hopefully we can play each other about 4 or 5 times /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

And one Football Note: I agree with you ZKing of DSwing, Trousdale will get the gold ball in 2008. I'll find out how good South Pitt is (barring an upset of course) in week 2 of the playoffs. They better be good because TC will tell you they are running it at you and then backing it up. Well run offense with alternating QB's. The big #5 tailback is a monster and will give you a lick when he's running the ball........

Making my first appearance on the Coach T board......Big FCS fan......

I think FCS and Gordonsville will be the teams to beat in 8A this year. From FCS's point of view we will bring back everyone but the Styles kid who graduated and went to Vol State. We did however get a new student in from North Carolina (and no we didn't recruit him). His dad has a twin brother here in Lebanon and both are pilots I think. Nathan Boyd will be the transfer and is a senior. Played with us in camp this summer. Will be an added addition to a very tall FCS team. We should win the boards in every game we play....We have Boyd, Goodner, Tetter, Sorrels, and Neal who have the height to hit the boards.......We have our playmaker Lee Maasen and should have good bench support from Wilson, Hill, Ward, Haddock, and Bentley (all soph and jr's). We also have a good nucleus of freshman that could make a difference......Reeves, Gaines, patterson, and DeFevers are just a few.

I think overall we have 23 players and hopefully will have several JV games like we have had in the past few years.

Looking forward to being on the board and ready for the basketball season to begin.

Sounds and looks like FC will have a solid team. How do you think the district will do against them; and how will it shape up by the end of the season?

How are teams looking in their scrimmages, and who are they playing? I know Gordonsville scrimmaged Pickett Co., and they go to Cannon Co. next week sometime. I think Westmoreland has scrimmaged Clay Co.; and I think Watertown scrimmages Pickett Co. next week. Just wondering how the district is doing?

How are teams looking in their scrimmages, and who are they playing? I know Gordonsville scrimmaged Pickett Co., and they go to Cannon Co. next week sometime. I think Westmoreland has scrimmaged Clay Co.; and I think Watertown scrimmages Pickett Co. next week. Just wondering how the district is doing?

Gordonsville won at Pickett, by a small margin. Didnt shoot to great, but handled the ball pretty well.

Sounds and looks like FC will have a solid team. How do you think the district will do against them; and how will it shape up by the end of the season?

I think we over achieved last year with all sophmores and freshman (had 1 sr and 0 jr's).....I'd say FCS sould be the favorite this year and should stack up against the other district teams well.......

We open up Tuesday 18th at home......I think it may be a Hall of Fame game, I'm not sure on that. We face Metro Christian???? No clue who they are or what team they have. But our football team plays Friday at South Pitt. Everyone says that SP is Gold ball bound so if they beat us we will have a weekend of practice with our football boys getting ready for the week to follow.......

I think we over achieved last year with all sophmores and freshman (had 1 sr and 0 jr's).....I'd say FCS sould be the favorite this year and should stack up against the other district teams well.......

We open up Tuesday 18th at home......I think it may be a Hall of Fame game, I'm not sure on that. We face Metro Christian???? No clue who they are or what team they have. But our football team plays Friday at South Pitt. Everyone says that SP is Gold ball bound so if they beat us we will have a weekend of practice with our football boys getting ready for the week to follow.......

How many new recruits did ya'll get this year bigdaddy?

Well i have not seen them play thus far. But if they are half as good as friends are telling me they are. Then its not a suprise COACH BRADSHAW is walking around school with a smile on his face all the time.You know he can not wait to get the season started. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />