District 8-A...How does it shape up

Stark1

From what I heard a lot of teams lost a lot in 7a so this could be 8a's year in a while to take the region...Devil how's JC looken this year?

Well hello there young man haven't seen you in a long time, hope life is treating you good. As for how JC is looking this year, well we will have a mixture. The Sophomore class that has been so good through their elementary and middle school years will finally get a chance to step up. Its good to see that they have finally started to grow with the two main players from this class at 6'2 now. We return one starter that being our big guy Jared Robinson. He should be solid this year for us in the middle and depending on how things go we could start one another senior who is 6'3 or a 6'6 junior or we could start one senior, 3 sophomores and a freshman. We have a young freshman point guard that should develop into a very solid player for us. We will be young but all these underclassmen have played AAU since the 3rd grade so they have been in alot of games and have learned alot. However having said that it will take some adjusting to early on. With the tough non district schedule that we play (Cookeville twice, Station Camp, Livingston Aca twice, Upperman twice and the MidSouth Classic teams all of whom are AAA except LA being AA) they will have to grow up in a hurry if we are to be competitive. Having said all that with us staying in Class A the future looks very bright. Not sure how the region will play out this year, Clay Co. is the favorite to win the region in my opinion. They bring back everyone from last years team and have some very good players. They are well coached and very athletic so as of right now the rest of us are vying for the #2 seed in the district tourney which will be a very coveted position. After Clay Co. the rest of us are relatively close, C'range has the best all around player returning this year and they are always tough at home so who knows. It will be fun to watch the boys games this year in 7A as well! Good to see you're still alive and kicking and look me up if you're at the games. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like FCS in this district. The runner-up being GHS. I dont know a whole lot about either of these teams but I know FCS is always fundamentally sound and where young last year so those kids have had a year to mature. GHS has some talent but from what I saw last year in some games, but they dont play together sometimes, had one or two who like to shoot it alot, and lets be honest to make it out of your district as champs and have a shot at doing anything in the region or state, you have to play as a team. You have to have the team first me second attitude, which I think some kids dont buy into at the high school age. If GHS can do that they might could make a run, but I'm sticking with FCS for now, they seemed to show that discipline last year. I think both should have pretty good years.

It is not surprising to hear that Friendship has gained a couple of new players. It always happens. But this district should be very interesting to watch this year. I think Friendship is the favorite for now but Trousdale has some talented young men. Gordonsville also should have a good team, but they did lose their best player from last year. I dont know much about Westmoreland but their coach does a good job of always having a team that competes for the top spot. It will be fun to see the season play out. Hopefully some of these teams can compete with district 7a and send a team or two to sub-state.

Westmoreland lost about as many as we did. We played them in camp and neither of us looked like we knew what we were doing, it was a typical camp game for sure. Coach Graves does an excellent job up there and make no mistake about it come tournament time they will be a tough out. Gordonsville and the private school should be the odds on favorites. G-ville returns most of their team and as we all know theres no telling who FC will have in the line-up. Depending on how the "off season" went they could have a whole new line-up! They will undoubtedly have added atleast one new player maybe more. 8A will be very competitive, Trousdale Co. will be better so it will be good to be a fan this year in 8A as most all the games should be very competitive. Good luck to all and hopefully we will see you in the big city of Watertown in February! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

For your information the private school's name is Friendship Christian. We lost one senior (Styles). We had a kid move in from NC and he is a senior. They said he looked pretty good in camp this summer but will have to learn FCS game plan. We are full of juniors and sophmores and should contend for the top spot in 8A. We will have height this year with the bodies of Teeter, Sorrels, Neal, Boyd (transfer),Goodner and Haddock. Of course the playmaker Maasen and the guard play of Ward and Hill who are both sophmores will help break any press. Freshman that may make an impact will be Reeves and Patterson at guards and Gaines and DeFevers at the post........

everyone seems to be real quiet lately... very boring /bored.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":bored:" border="0" alt="bored.gif" /> lol

I hope FCS didn't lose their playmaker thsi past Sat night in football. He has a hurt shoulder and scheduled for a MRI today. He is FCS leader and will be needed on the court for FCS to compete for the district and region championships.

I hope FCS didn't lose their playmaker thsi past Sat night in football. He has a hurt shoulder and scheduled for a MRI today. He is FCS leader and will be needed on the court for FCS to compete for the district and region championships.

Coming from a pretty reliable source, I heard that he could be out a good while with a torn rotator cuff. Tough break for FCS, if this is really true. I'm sure they will bounce back and be ready to play.