District 8-A...How does it shape up

Stark1

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New recruits???? Does that even matter??? FC is just hoping to have enough to have a competitive team. Thats why they kept 23 payers. Everyone knows this school is more known for their baseball and football teams than boys basketball.

[/quote /dry.gif" style="vertical-align]

Please. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Gordonsville has had 2 scrimmages this week. They lost at Cannon Co. earlier in the week by 8; and they shot terrible from the line and the field. They played Clarkrange today won 67-54. Played a lot of players, shot well, and played pretty good defense. If they can play that way, using the bench, and everyone contributing the way they did...this season could be a lot of fun.

Didn't recruit to my knowledge....Nathan Boyd is a senior from North Carolina. His dad's twin brother has a couple of kids in the elementary school at FCS. His dad and uncle both are pilots I think. Family moved here this month. Nathan came to our summer camps and then enrolled in August. He's a good player and will help us in the paint. We have a good nucleus of ball players and should be a good team this year and years to come.

We have a Hall of Fame game tonight @ FCS. I wouldn't think the football players will play alot because they've only had one practice (yesterday)....I'm sure they will see some action but probably limited.

I'm ready for Roundball!!!!

Didn't recruit to my knowledge....Nathan Boyd is a senior from North Carolina. His dad's twin brother has a couple of kids in the elementary school at FCS. His dad and uncle both are pilots I think. Family moved here this month. Nathan came to our summer camps and then enrolled in August. He's a good player and will help us in the paint. We have a good nucleus of ball players and should be a good team this year and years to come.

We have a Hall of Fame game tonight @ FCS. I wouldn't think the football players will play alot because they've only had one practice (yesterday)....I'm sure they will see some action but probably limited.

I'm ready for Roundball!!!!

Well i finally got to see the boys in action they looked good think they will have a great season. First chance to see nathan play kid really has some good moves . He will help the team out and with the young talent this should be a real good season.Well it all starts for real the 25 at eageville good luck and GO FCS. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

swing , do you think they're as good as advetised, I didn't see game but thought it would be closer they have a lot of weapons but don't always play togather evidently they did tonight good luck to tigers rest of year

They are alot better than I gave them credit for and after I saw them play SC, I really didn't believe all the hype. But they played alot better last night and we are way behind were we need to be, to be able to compete with them or FCS, or anyone else in our district/region. Buts its a long season, we'll see how the kids rebound from this.

• 2 weeks later...

Trousdale County should have the best team they have put on the court since we went to state a few years back. Leading the pack will be senior Kaleb Holland, just back from the state champion football team, Alex Gregory and Craig Brown juniors, and who should be a big help, freshman, Adam Ford, sophmore Ryan Cornwell should be starters that can light up the nets. Our coaching is suspect, but we are hoping he gets better. Everyone overlook us please, we should be real good this year. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Has anyone else noticed how bad the referees have become the last few years? Carring the ball hardly ever gets called, three seconds isn't called unless it is brought to the refs attn. ( it seems ). Touch fouls get called when someone knocked to the floor goes uncalled, or hands all over someone bringing the ball down in a press situation and no call, yet put a hand on them near the goal and a whistle. Whats up with the refs., is it just they can't get decent refs anymore or is the test that easy to pass to get certified. Come on T.S.S.A.A. chech out these refs. /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

Has anyone else noticed how bad the referees have become the last few years? Carring the ball hardly ever gets called, three seconds isn't called unless it is brought to the refs attn. ( it seems ). Touch fouls get called when someone knocked to the floor goes uncalled, or hands all over someone bringing the ball down in a press situation and no call, yet put a hand on them near the goal and a whistle. Whats up with the refs., is it just they can't get decent refs anymore or is the test that easy to pass to get certified. Come on T.S.S.A.A. chech out these refs. /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

We had some pretty decent ones the other night for the Smith County vs. Gordonsville games. They did make a few touchy calls in both games, but 3 seconds was called often and the carry was called a few times. They were consistent and confident in what they called and you cant ask for anything better really. You have to remember, not to many people want to get paid 60 dollars a night I believe to drive usually a good ways from home, and get yelled at by tons of people. Some I agree don't do as well as others, and can be blank-holes. There are certain ones when you see walk into a gym you think oh crap, but for the most part they do the best they can.