Class A State Champions 08/09

midtensportsfan

My money is on the reigning state champions to repeat with Clarkrange once again bringing home the silver. Yeah i know about the new "transfer" or atleast thats what everyone from Clarkrange is calling her. I'm sure we won't hear the whining and crying like we did last year out of C'range or will we? Don't think JC will beat C'range 5 times again like they did last year but will win the one that counts and that will be the one for the G O L D!!!!!! Brown will once again outcoach Rogers as he has done on a regular basis. LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!! Ahh its good to be BACK!!!!!!!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My money is on the reigning state champions to repeat with Clarkrange once again bringing home the silver. Yeah i know about the new "transfer" or atleast thats what everyone from Clarkrange is calling her. I'm sure we won't hear the whining and crying like we did last year out of C'range or will we? Don't think JC will beat C'range 5 times again like they did last year but will win the one that counts and that will be the one for the G O L D!!!!!! Brown will once again outcoach Rogers as he has done on a regular basis. LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!! Ahh its good to be BACK!!!!!!!

Don't think Jackson County will beat Clarkrange this year. Buffaloes are too tough.

Better not forget about Bradford. They might be better than they were last year!!

They just might! I know i was pulling for them in the semi's but just couldn't beat C'range. JC played them this summer but i understand the game wasn't close with JC winning by a large margin but summer doesn't count for much its what happens in march that means everything!!!

Don't think Jackson County will beat Clarkrange this year. Buffaloes are too tough.

Don't underestimate the Lady Blue Devils. They will be there at the end to settle it on the floor, that much you can bet on!

They just might! I know i was pulling for them in the semi's but just couldn't beat C'range. JC played them this summer but i understand the game wasn't close with JC winning by a large margin but summer doesn't count for much its what happens in march that means everything!!!

Don't underestimate the Lady Blue Devils. They will be there at the end to settle it on the floor, that much you can bet on!

to my knowledge the game with jackson county this summer was within 10 points. it wasn't a blow out by any means. it was close throughout the course of the game. but like you said summer doesn't matter!!

clarkrange should win with their talent but the lady blue devils may surprize them again,however both teams will have to have consistant play and some luck to play for the gold. There are several teams with a good night can send either team packing. But saying that I like Jim Brown's chanches of having his team prepared to play the big games.

Better not forget about Bradford. They might be better than they were last year!!

And Lake Co..And Gleason..And Humboldt..And Greenfield etc..I believe Lake Co will win this district..People from Gleason,Greenfield ,Bradford haven't seen the midddle school girls that came up because Lake Co doesn't play any of those teams ...I know it's a difference beween middle school and high school but these girls beat just about everyone by 40 points and even the bigger schools like Dyerburg by 20..Beat Martin ,who I think was undefeated,in the State championship by about 15 points..This wasn't your average middle school team..People are going to be very surprised by the athleticism...Most people have seen Greenfield and Bradford from last year but Lake Co has 3 starters back and with these girls coming in ,will be better than last year..And Bradford lost probably their best player..so I'm not sold on Bradford as being the favorite like a lot of people are..They just havn't seen the middle school girls yet that are going to help the returning players..Lake Co should play 10 girls about every game with not much of a drop off if any..At least 8 for sure..

mrbigster, your not sold on Bradford. Well, I'm not sold on your Freshman. I'm sure they are good though. You've got to realize there's a different level of speed in high school and jr. high ball. You honestly think the Freshman could pull you to a state championship over the likes of Clarkrange, Jackson Co., Bradford? Bradford lost 1 player and that was Danielle Proudfit. They return Molly Wallsmith, Brianna Tubbs and several other big key players off of that team. Proudfit was shut down last year at the state tournaments (didn't even make all-tournament team) and they made it to the state semi's and nearly made it to the finals! I'm sold on Bradford for this year and I think they'll make another run at a state title!

I saw Lake Co. girls last year, without the 8th graders, and they did not look too great at all. I do realize that ya'lls best player was out then but if she made that much of a difference, I'd be surprised. They did not have much when I saw them.

Heres the thing. Bradford will miss Proudfit. She was a great player who was All-State and one of the best in Class A. But Bradford returns a whole bunch of talent. They also will be playing a pretty talented freshman by the name of Street and a sophomore I think named Combs. Yes they will have to find some girls to step up and give them some depth at times when needed but they have some girls I feel can fill that role. Also Clarkrange predominately played about 6 girls last year and look what they did.