Brighton v. Henry County

chaos001

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Henry County is down next year can we have Coach Gaddis back?

Not if the town,fans,school and players have any thing to say about it!!! Wewould have to be down some losing what we will lose but the drop off won't be severe. There are some excellent athletes wait ing their turn and some great prospects in the pipeline.

GO BIG RED

Not if the town,fans,school and players have any thing to say about it!!! Wewould have to be down some losing what we will lose but the drop off won't be severe. There are some excellent athletes wait ing their turn and some great prospects in the pipeline.

GO BIG RED

we will be losing some superstars this year...but this year's junior class is the largest percentage of the football team if my memory serves correctly.

also, isn't the freshman team doing fairly well ?

postscript: i'll see if i have any more insight into how the team will be playing after tomorrow. stay tuned for breaking news alerts.

Are expecting Henry County to be down next year or are you expecting Munford and Brighton to be that good?

With the new region changes Brighton, Munford, Jackson Northside, Dyer County, and Hardin County may be the new region 7 5a with a total of 6 classifications. Henry County may have to go east. Jcm goes down to 3a I think. Liberty will stay in 4 a. Most 5a schools now will be 6a next year. My explaination my be off but it's clearer on other threads. I expect Henry to be tough for years to come.

With the new region changes Brighton, Munford, Jackson Northside, Dyer County, and Hardin County may be the new region 7 5a with a total of 6 classifications. Henry County may have to go east. Jcm goes down to 3a I think. Liberty will stay in 4 a. Most 5a schools now will be 6a next year. My explaination my be off but it's clearer on other threads. I expect Henry to be tough for years to come.

Why do you expect us to be good for years to come? I hope you are right but wondered why you thought so.

In regards to Brighton's QB I hope he has a speedy recovery. No coach, player or fan wishes harm to a player and if an injury occurs I believe everyone feels for that player and hope he's ok. We have had our fill of injuries and I know how it can affect a team and a season. It is my understanding that the young man has a bright future ahead of him in football at the next level and we at Munford only hope for the best for him.

LOL... I bet you Pat fans go to sleep thinking about this one huh? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I must admit that I'm fired up to see this one myself. Any of you players get on here listen up. Just bring down the house this Friday. Team work and more team work. Make a statement on this one. And always be a good sport. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Why do you expect us to be good for years to come? I hope you are right but wondered why you thought so.

Coach Gaddis has the ball rolling. Energy is high young people want to play football. With the numbers you'll find the players. You want have a Teague and Allen every year but you'll have good football teams. Combine that with good coaching and I expect the Big Red to roll for a long time. They might not be at the level they are right now but they're going to compete at a high level for a long time. Success breeds success.

some statewide news of interest...

vote for allen and teague in the "best duos in the midstate" poll at the tennessean.

http://data.tennessean.com/v2/bin/pluckToo....tennessean.com

from the jackson sun:

Henry County's one test? Brighton is without Kale Jackson so I don't think so

Posted 10/8/2008 1:57 AM CDT on jacksonsun.com

It's amazing what you come across staying up late working. I am writing a story about Henry County's lack of a close game this season and whether or not this week's game against Brighton will be close.

First I saw the Fayette Academy story on The Commercial Appeal's Web site. Now I read that No. 4 Brighton is without quarterback Kale Jackson, one of the top yardage QBs in West Tennessee this year, after he broke his collarbone in a game last week. Story here.

That changes everything. The Cardinals reworked their offense around him for this season and now, they play one of the top team's in the state (whose starting defense hasn't allowed an opposing offense to score a point) with an inexperienced sophomore starting. You can't try to slow the game down and hope to stay close. Henry County can score in a play. You can't stop Henry County's three D-I caliber backs. At least no one has yet.

I had been thinking all week wondering if this would be a good game. I hope I am wrong since I enjoy close, good games, but I now expect a blowout.

And later this season, Liberty will face Brighton without Jackson. Hardin County lost a shootout to Brighton earlier this season.