Clinton vs Lenoir City

coonhunter293

I just say what I saw. I have seen both the qbs from Powell and Clinton and my vote go to the Powell qb. If he had 300yrds total most must have been from passing and only a couple was thrown for any yardage in the air (we didn't tackle very well on a lot of plays). A screen for 40 yrds still gives the qb 40yrds passing even though he threw a lob 3 yrds out. How many rushing yards did Stone have running?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just say what I saw. I have seen both the qbs from Powell and Clinton and my vote go to the Powell qb. If he had 300yrds total most must have been from passing and only a couple was thrown for any yardage in the air (we didn't tackle very well on a lot of plays). A screen for 40 yrds still gives the qb 40yrds passing even though he threw a lob 3 yrds out. How many rushing yards did Stone have running?

Clinton overlooked LC, you can ask anybody from CLinton that was there, dont forget, LC was winning 14-7! Clinton realized they was playing a better team than they thought, and outscored you all 28-7! Clinton had taken some starters out for the last 7! Clinton was just resting up for next week! Trust Me! Stone is a much better QB then he looked, and remember against powell, our Leading Rusher in the prepxtra will be back! We could of beat you all by atleast 40 with him! night's like last night is when we really need him! But Clinton will be ok, just a little overconfident last night! (and by the way, Running Backs always kill us!) Our defense aint much without Hazelhurst -RB

Clinton could of have scored more, they started running, Clinton has some Class! their not gonna beat nobody by 30 or 40 that is just the way they are, they can score almost everytime throwing the ball! and Running too when hazelhurst is there! but the whole 3rd and 4th quarter they ran the ball, and they dont have the starting RB! and trust me he IS GOOD!!!! clinton could of have put up 40 easy or 50 EASY but they werent interested in that, they just wanted the win! Very Classy Coach! just ask Halls!

I dont ever rember anyone saying Clinton had a great defence. In fact, Clinton gave up an average of 26 pts. per game up to the LC game. So just because LC scored some points on this Clinton defence doesnt mean that Clinton is going to lose the last 3 games of the season. I mean, you might be right....they very well could, but Clinton being scored on is nothing new this season. You saying Clinton doesnt look like a 2nd seed team......well no one in the region except Maryville has looked to dominate every week out. This is a tough region like you probably know. Good luck to LC next week against Halls. LC just might spoil someone's playoff hopes before its said and done!

OK Clinton gave up an average of 26 pts. per game up to the LC game, you also average scoring 36 points a game. Some of those points you gave up was also to powerhouse Maryville, a pretty good Anderson County team that beat us 31-0, and an improved Campbell County team. Lets compare the last 3 games you gave up 53 points while scoring 89, LC gave up 101 points while scoring 0. Like I said before, Clinton gave up 21 points to a team that COULD NOT even get a field goal in 14 quarters of play. I never said Clinton didn't look like a second seed, that was in the quote, the main part I was using the quote for was the 42-7 prediction in that one and all the other really lopsided predictions. I am not saying Clinton only got lucky or shouldn't have beaten LC, what I am saying is Clinton better come prepared the next 3 weeks or it will get bad. I hope Clinton makes it to the playoffs and goes very far, I like many others get a little tired of reading about Maryville.

Clinton overlooked LC, you can ask anybody from CLinton that was there, dont forget, LC was winning 14-7! Clinton realized they was playing a better team than they thought, and outscored you all 28-7! Clinton had taken some starters out for the last 7! Clinton was just resting up for next week! Trust Me! Stone is a much better QB then he looked, and remember against powell, our Leading Rusher in the prepxtra will be back! We could of beat you all by atleast 40 with him! night's like last night is when we really need him! But Clinton will be ok, just a little overconfident last night! (and by the way, Running Backs always kill us!) Our defense aint much without Hazelhurst -RB

Clinton could of have scored more, they started running, Clinton has some Class! their not gonna beat nobody by 30 or 40 that is just the way they are, they can score almost everytime throwing the ball! and Running too when hazelhurst is there! but the whole 3rd and 4th quarter they ran the ball, and they dont have the starting RB! and trust me he IS GOOD!!!! clinton could of have put up 40 easy or 50 EASY but they werent interested in that, they just wanted the win! Very Classy Coach! just ask Halls!

Hazelhurst may be ready to come back by the Powell game, but i think he will probably hold off until the first round of the playoffs. If we dont have to beat Powell to get into the playoffs, i would think he comes back for the first round......either way, i cant wait to see him back on the field! Hazelhurst is a great kid and I love to watch him play.

Let's not get carried away here. Clinton has a really good team and won the game but LC held them in check pretty well I thought. The first TD by Clinton was as lucky as any play I have seen, thrown up for grabs and scores a TD. LC went up 14-7 and if not for a fumbled kick-off by LC, might have gone in at the half up 14-7. Second half, the score was 14-14. I think Stone is a very good QB and has potential to be a great QB. Good luck to Clinton and I hope they do well in the play-offs this year.

i apologize for my incorrect statement about Stone having 300 total. He had 297, as he only picked up 15 on the ground. my bad.

good luck against halls