Alcoa vs. CAK

Tornadofan15

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am looking forward to a great game.

On a sad note...Zach Weimer a 12 yr old passed away this morning. He was involved in a tragic event over the weekend at a youth camp. He was at Farragut middle and His older sister Kelly is a 12th grader at CAK. I am sure your prayers are welcomed!

This is a tragic situation. I have a child about the same age who has been to the camp several times and was involved in the same activity that cost this child his life. This accident has changed many lives forever, from the family, to camp workers, to classmates, and the list goes on.

I hope everyone will take a minute and pray for this family and all involved in this tradgedy. Although we don't always know the answers, we do know that God is sovereign.

Bridge:

I've been waiting on the cool graphics, nice one. Maybe you could add Dorothy and Toto running down a gravel road wearing a CAK jersey and have GQ dressed as the wicked witch on a bicycle with the F5 behind them.... or maybe not.

Its a bummer when all I can post about during CAK vs Aloca week is the Wizard of Oz ! I'm pretty much a realist and try to call a spade a spade. But to understate it a bit, things are not stacked in CAK's favor this week. I wish I could say this team was as mentally tough as last years and that they will fight to their last breath, but I haven't seen that in them this season. There are some good players on this team, just not enough of them. Overall it is a young team looking for some leadership and an identity. Maybe that would have developed but injuries devasted this team early on and has continued in epidemic proportions. (Side note: "Govols" I'll give you the injury report privately, too long and whiney sounding for this forum.) I'm thinking about taking out the tv broadcast antenna at the game, some kind of Rambo tactical strike and run. Any CAK volunteers to help me?

Really this is a character game for CAK. Regardless of the score our guys need to go out and execute, get some first downs, make some tackles, and try to find the end zone. Its the least we can do for the Alcoa guys,... they are getting bored and gaining too much weight from all the pizzas.

Good luck Warriors, "Respect All, Fear None"

FBD,

Oh no! If you are saying what I think you're saying, I don't like what I'm hearing. I thought with the off week we might get a couple of players back and I'm inferring from your comments that we've lost more players! Yikes! I would give you my number on here, but somehow I don't think that would be a good idea... I may be up for the tactical stike on the TV ant. I have other operations already in motion, so I'll consider that a contingency plan. Please be careful breaking radio silence.

It looks like the concensus seems to be that CAK scores between 0 and 10, with no points scored against Alcoa's starters (although I did like the idea of CAK getting to use all perviously scored points). I will be interested to see if CAK can move the chains some or is completely shut down offensively. On defense, can CAK stop any drives or does Alcoa score everytime they have the ball? Can CAK score on Alcoa's team at all and spoil the pizza party? Can CAK score on Alcoa's starters? I'd love to come away with the victory, but regardless, these will be interesting questions to me. I don't believe the Alcoa fans believe any of these answers will be yes, except maybe a late score against the 3rd team. I do wonder if everyone from Alcoa is aware that the game got moved to Saturday night. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

On a serious note, I have the utmost respect for the Alcoa program and enjoy the conversation with their fans(except when they make fun of the box... /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> I'm going to try not to make fun of that helmet even if they make fun of our box.

By the way, was there not a "filmgate" this year? Surely, at least, someone overheard Coach Bradley trashtalking.

Alcoa fans, come early and hungry. Burgers provided by Back Yard Burger and they are great! Have a safe trip over!

I haven't got to see much tennessee high school football this year, but I'm sure Alcoa is has good as they usually are. As I can see also CAK has had some rough times this year. But, even though this might not seem like a rivalry game to Alcoa it is to CAK. They measure themselves by how well they do against Alcoa. And don't forget last year when Alcoa had CAK down the Warriors showed heart and came back to give them a scare. So, don't sleep on CAK. But, still Alcoa 38 CAK 17.

Warriors,

This isn't Page or Wartburg, this is Alcoa. They are the best team you will play. This game is always interesting because it really separates the players into two categories- Pusssys and Warriors. We never beat Alcoa when I played, but those games are the one's I'm most proud of. There were a group of us who played our hearts out in those games- no matter what the scoreboard read- and for that, we were respected. My best memories were from those games. I hope that some of you will step up in the same way, because it is in these times that leaders arise.

Lastly, respect the Alcoa team- they work very hard and are very good. Show them respect and they will show you respect. But DO NOT FEAR them. Warriors, each of you play your hardest friday night. Line up every play, look your opponent in the eye, and never back down. If you do, Alcoa, your parents, the coaches and your teammates will have a new respect for you, and no matter win or loose- you can call yourselves Warriors.

Ya'll have a lot of people supporting you, including me and the guys. We're behind you every down. See you soon--Jay

Warriors,

This isn't Page or Wartburg, this is Alcoa. They are the best team you will play. This game is always interesting because it really separates the players into two categories- Pusssys and Warriors. We never beat Alcoa when I played, but those games are the one's I'm most proud of. There were a group of us who played our hearts out in those games- no matter what the scoreboard read- and for that, we were respected. My best memories were from those games. I hope that some of you will step up in the same way, because it is in these times that leaders arise.

Lastly, respect the Alcoa team- they work very hard and are very good. Show them respect and they will show you respect. But DO NOT FEAR them. Warriors, each of you play your hardest friday night. Line up every play, look your opponent in the eye, and never back down. If you do, Alcoa, your parents, the coaches and your teammates will have a new respect for you, and no matter win or loose- you can call yourselves Warriors.

Ya'll have a lot of people supporting you, including me and the guys. We're behind you every down. See you soon--Jay

Very Classy Post (except for one word) /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Well stars n bars , looks like dey got dim a pot'r gold behind that there stadium , thank we outta'r take it??

Rankinated2010....Eye'd be cairvul taken ennythang away frum thair......And if tha "box" is gold and has some angels sittin' on top of it....DON'T TOUCH HIT!!!!!!........APB iz a photoshop eyecon.....P.S. .......May the Good Lord bless the family of the young man who tragically died this past weekend.......

Obviously you dont know much about highschool football. DOmination has nothing to do with score. A team can win by 40 and stillnot have dominated. Its all abot what work goes on in the trenches and statitstics , in the end its all about heart

I saw the game, nad I assure you Loudon was not dominated. But Loudon did not take advantage of oppurtunities, and Greenback did. That loss may actually end up being an eye opener for Loudon. But let's keep the conversation to Alcoa/CAK.

This is not the CAK team from last year. Not even close. Judging from scores, and past opponents, I see Alcoa rolling 63 or 70 to nothing. If the rumors about CAK not exchanging film last year is true, Rankin may have a point to prove. I don't think anyone in our region has any lost love for CAK.

Rankinated2010....Eye'd be cairvul taken ennythang away frum thair......And if tha "box" is gold and has some angels sittin' on top of it....DON'T TOUCH HIT!!!!!!........APB iz a photoshop eyecon.....P.S. .......May the Good Lord bless the family of the young man who tragically died this past weekend.......

No worries, I watched the movie.......Indiana Jones has the "box" /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

I saw the game, nad I assure you Loudon was not dominated. But Loudon did not take advantage of oppurtunities, and Greenback did. That loss may actually end up being an eye opener for Loudon. But let's keep the conversation to Alcoa/CAK.

This is not the CAK team from last year. Not even close. Judging from scores, and past opponents, I see Alcoa rolling 63 or 70 to nothing. If the rumors about CAK not exchanging film last year is true, Rankin may have a point to prove. I don't think anyone in our region has any lost love for CAK.

I know I am opening myself up to a wave of criticism, but would you expand upon the ""any lost love for CAK". I am a relatively new supporter of CAK. I think CAK is a wonderful school. Is it the public vs. private thing? OR is it a money thing? Or is it that CAK has not competed fairly? Can't be because CAK wins all the time, that honor goes to Alcoa. I'd simply like to know since I plan on engaging in conversation on this board for years to come.