Alcoa vs. CAK

Tornadofan15

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cobb was a man among boys. I remember all fo those huge plays he broke. Glad he is doing well at UK, hopefully he gets healthy soon.

havent talked to him personally for about a week , but his facebook says hes " back and better than ever"

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

UK +1

Glad you took time from your schedule to insult Alcoa on another thread unrelated to you. Alcoa will not look past them but they may still score a TD. You always have to insult our region and our classification. I only get on Maryville threads to compliment them and defend haters who talk about recruitng. You, however, always say the same stuff. 100% bias, and uncalled for. We know your opinion, you don't have to spew it in every Alcoa thread. You may want to double check, I'd hate for you to leave an Alcoa thread void of your helpful comments.

I believe he was referring to 2A as far as the TDs go. We all know MHS scored them, they are a quality opponent and even if Alcoa keeps losing to them I will be at the game. And afterwards I will support Maryville in their games. And when people insult Maryville for not being 5A or DII I will take Maryvilles side. I will support them for playing in the class they should be in. But then again I have respect for Maryville and have no reason to demean them. This post of yours wasn't as insulting as others but still enough is enough. I won't call you names but I will call you out as a tacky poster who has too much time on his hands. There are many good Maryville posters. You, sir, are not one of them.

mcwrestler...I have noticed your comments on Maryville threads and have always found them insightful and supportive. Maryville and Alcoa both face the same type of junk from posters from other schools talking about weak schedules, recruiting, paying officials, etc. It is usually from programs that have not experienced the level of success that Maryville and Alcoa have and they are looking to discredit it...and it gets very old. I am proud of the successes of all Blount County schools and cheer for them when we are not playing them. By the way, when we play Alcoa next year...I will have to be a hater for that one week. Gook luck the rest of the season...

Alcoa 45

CAK 10

mcwrestler...I have noticed your comments on Maryville threads and have always found them insightful and supportive. Maryville and Alcoa both face the same type of junk from posters from other schools talking about weak schedules, recruiting, paying officials, etc. It is usually from programs that have not experienced the level of success that Maryville and Alcoa have and they are looking to discredit it...and it gets very old. I am proud of the successes of all Blount County schools and cheer for them when we are not playing them. By the way, when we play Alcoa next year...I will have to be a hater for that one week. Gook luck the rest of the season...

Alcoa 45

CAK 10

I know this post was directed toward mcwrestler, but I'd like to say that most of the Alcoa fans here feel the same way towards Maryville. Classy post.

In case you forgot about the last meeting....3:45 of torture for CAK fans.

CAK v. Alcoa video

Edited for the enjoyment of Tornadoes everywhere.

Hey wait a minute! That video only shows the good plays for Alcoa! Just kidding. Nice job on the video. When you see how Cobb has done in the SEC as a freshman, it is obvious just how talented he is. It sheds some light on what he was doing to 2A teams last year. There just aren't many (maybe any) other 2A players that were on the field last year that had his God given ability. I'm not a KY fan, but I'm pulling for Cobb to get back healthy and come back in force.

You know, come to think of it, if I had game film, I believe I could make a little different highlight film of that game. One nice thing about highlight films is you can choose what to put in and what to pull out, and CAK had some very nice plays. Make no mistake, the scoreboard at the end showed that Alcoa was THE team, and there has not been another 2A team close in the last several years. But I hope you Alcoa fans can understand that the 21 points CAK scored in the second quarter and the hush in the stadium at half time was priceless. Granted it was only for a short time, but it was like someone let the air out. I wish that CAK had the horses last year to hang with Alcoa in the second half; it would have been a great game to be a spectator.

Props to Alcoa on another stellar season this year. CAK has been a mystery. It truly has looked like 2 different teams at times. I think the Loudon fans may have a bit of a one sided view since that is the only time they've seen CAK this year. CAK was totally dominated in that game. I think there is a chance that CAK will face Loudon in the playoffs, and I'm not so sure it will go the same, but time will tell. The big word for CAK on offense this year has been inconsistency. At times they have looked very effective moving the ball, but penalties and turnovers have killed drives. There is no doubt CAK can move the ball against most 2A teams, but they have shot themselves in the foot time after time. Alcoa of course may be different. Who knows, the way Alcoa has been playing defense the question may be whether anyone picks up a first down, not a touchdown. If CAK is on it's game and not stopping itself, I do think they'll move the ball some. I would be surprised if the game is a shutout. If this team has the character and pride of last year's team, they won't quit regardless of score. We'll see.

IMO, right now the talent pool over the last several years is amazing at Alcoa. I continue to be amazed at the talent level, and also the depth that Alcoa has in a school with around 400 kids, 200 male. If my numbers are close, about 42% of the males play football. What, around 85 on the team? I have followed coach Rankin for many years at Riverdale before Alcoa. He is a great coach and the team benefits greatly from having him, but you don't coach a kid into becoming Brandon Warren, Randall Cobb, Dustin Lindsey, Ray Sykes, Chris Shiverdecker, etc. Alcoa is blessed with tremendous natural talent, and then they do a great job "coaching up" the kids.

i see this in a very close game. TSSAA said that since this is an unfair matchup cak gets to use all the points they have scored in the past 5 meetings as a head start so with that said...

Alcoa 77

CAK 45

This is the first comment from this poster that makes sense. I am glad to see the TSSAA has come to their senses.

Hey wait a minute! That video only shows the good plays for Alcoa! Just kidding. Nice job on the video. When you see how Cobb has done in the SEC as a freshman, it is obvious just how talented he is. It sheds some light on what he was doing to 2A teams last year. There just aren't many (maybe any) other 2A players that were on the field last year that had his God given ability. I'm not a KY fan, but I'm pulling for Cobb to get back healthy and come back in force.

You know, come to think of it, if I had game film, I believe I could make a little different highlight film of that game. One nice thing about highlight films is you can choose what to put in and what to pull out, and CAK had some very nice plays. Make no mistake, the scoreboard at the end showed that Alcoa was THE team, and there has not been another 2A team close in the last several years. But I hope you Alcoa fans can understand that the 21 points CAK scored in the second quarter and the hush in the stadium at half time was priceless. Granted it was only for a short time, but it was like someone let the air out. I wish that CAK had the horses last year to hang with Alcoa in the second half; it would have been a great game to be a spectator.

Props to Alcoa on another stellar season this year. CAK has been a mystery. It truly has looked like 2 different teams at times. I think the Loudon fans may have a bit of a one sided view since that is the only time they've seen CAK this year. CAK was totally dominated in that game. I think there is a chance that CAK will face Loudon in the playoffs, and I'm not so sure it will go the same, but time will tell. The big word for CAK on offense this year has been inconsistency. At times they have looked very effective moving the ball, but penalties and turnovers have killed drives. There is no doubt CAK can move the ball against most 2A teams, but they have shot themselves in the foot time after time. Alcoa of course may be different. Who knows, the way Alcoa has been playing defense the question may be whether anyone picks up a first down, not a touchdown. If CAK is on it's game and not stopping itself, I do think they'll move the ball some. I would be surprised if the game is a shutout. If this team has the character and pride of last year's team, they won't quit regardless of score. We'll see.

IMO, right now the talent pool over the last several years is amazing at Alcoa. I continue to be amazed at the talent level, and also the depth that Alcoa has in a school with around 400 kids, 200 male. If my numbers are close, about 42% of the males play football. What, around 85 on the team? I have followed coach Rankin for many years at Riverdale before Alcoa. He is a great coach and the team benefits greatly from having him, but you don't coach a kid into becoming Brandon Warren, Randall Cobb, Dustin Lindsey, Ray Sykes, Chris Shiverdecker, etc. Alcoa is blessed with tremendous natural talent, and then they do a great job "coaching up" the kids.

Greatpost, and no matter what happens friday , best of wishes to the CAK team for the rest of the season

Alcoa 45

CAK 10

Sorry, I have to amend my score...

Alcoa 52

CAK 10

I forgot about the inflatable helmet, it's worth 7 more points.

No helmet...road game.

Our last until Semi's hopefully. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

BUMMER!!!

OK...

Alcoa 45

CAK 10

The helmet made it to Shields Studium this year so I assumed it traveled. No smoke either? Just messing! Good luck Alcoa.