Alcoa vs. CAK

Tornadofan15

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think 3pts. qualifies as domination. That being said Greenback wanted it alot more than Loudon.

Obviously you dont know much about highschool football. DOmination has nothing to do with score. A team can win by 40 and stillnot have dominated. Its all abot what work goes on in the trenches and statitstics , in the end its all about heart

Hey wait a minute! That video only shows the good plays for Alcoa! Just kidding. Nice job on the video. When you see how Cobb has done in the SEC as a freshman, it is obvious just how talented he is. It sheds some light on what he was doing to 2A teams last year. There just aren't many (maybe any) other 2A players that were on the field last year that had his God given ability. I'm not a KY fan, but I'm pulling for Cobb to get back healthy and come back in force.

You know, come to think of it, if I had game film, I believe I could make a little different highlight film of that game. One nice thing about highlight films is you can choose what to put in and what to pull out, and CAK had some very nice plays. Make no mistake, the scoreboard at the end showed that Alcoa was THE team, and there has not been another 2A team close in the last several years. But I hope you Alcoa fans can understand that the 21 points CAK scored in the second quarter and the hush in the stadium at half time was priceless. Granted it was only for a short time, but it was like someone let the air out. I wish that CAK had the horses last year to hang with Alcoa in the second half; it would have been a great game to be a spectator.

Props to Alcoa on another stellar season this year. CAK has been a mystery. It truly has looked like 2 different teams at times. I think the Loudon fans may have a bit of a one sided view since that is the only time they've seen CAK this year. CAK was totally dominated in that game. I think there is a chance that CAK will face Loudon in the playoffs, and I'm not so sure it will go the same, but time will tell. The big word for CAK on offense this year has been inconsistency. At times they have looked very effective moving the ball, but penalties and turnovers have killed drives. There is no doubt CAK can move the ball against most 2A teams, but they have shot themselves in the foot time after time. Alcoa of course may be different. Who knows, the way Alcoa has been playing defense the question may be whether anyone picks up a first down, not a touchdown. If CAK is on it's game and not stopping itself, I do think they'll move the ball some. I would be surprised if the game is a shutout. If this team has the character and pride of last year's team, they won't quit regardless of score. We'll see.

IMO, right now the talent pool over the last several years is amazing at Alcoa. I continue to be amazed at the talent level, and also the depth that Alcoa has in a school with around 400 kids, 200 male. If my numbers are close, about 42% of the males play football. What, around 85 on the team? I have followed coach Rankin for many years at Riverdale before Alcoa. He is a great coach and the team benefits greatly from having him, but you don't coach a kid into becoming Brandon Warren, Randall Cobb, Dustin Lindsey, Ray Sykes, Chris Shiverdecker, etc. Alcoa is blessed with tremendous natural talent, and then they do a great job "coaching up" the kids.

I've said it before, CAK was Alcoa's toughest competition in 2A last year. Even the championship game.

This year I think Alcoa's defense puts lot of pressure on Fromke to shut down the passing attack. Plus, Alcoa will key on Kolinsky to stop the run. Both will be held to season lows. Also, this year CAK will miss Bennett when Alcoa relies heavily on its running game. Depth and line play will be too much for this years CAK team. 28-0 at the half. 42-7 final.

Obviously you dont know much about highschool football. DOmination has nothing to do with score. A team can win by 40 and stillnot have dominated. Its all abot what work goes on in the trenches and statitstics , in the end its all about heart

Thats one of the smartest posts I've ever heard, people do not realize that even if the margin of victory is not huge, its not that the other team was not dominated, but maybe you didnt take full advantage of opportunities, trust me I know, we have been in that boat several times this year, but luckily got away with it to this point, anyway just wanted to let you know I really liked the post, and I think yall will win by 4 scores.! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Thats one of the smartest posts I've ever heard, people do not realize that even if the margin of victory is not huge, its not that the other team was not dominated, but maybe you didnt take full advantage of opportunities, trust me I know, we have been in that boat several times this year, but luckily got away with it to this point, anyway just wanted to let you know I really liked the post, and I think yall will win by 4 scores.! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

thanks , and good luck to your team for the restof the season also /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

thanks , and good luck to your team for the restof the season also /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Thanks, I would wish yall luck, but it has nothing to do wiht what yall are going to do this year, keep 'er rollin and keep that gold ball in East TN! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Check your Radars>>>>>

Bridge:

I've been waiting on the cool graphics, nice one. Maybe you could add Dorothy and Toto running down a gravel road wearing a CAK jersey and have GQ dressed as the wicked witch on a bicycle with the F5 behind them.... or maybe not.

Its a bummer when all I can post about during CAK vs Aloca week is the Wizard of Oz ! I'm pretty much a realist and try to call a spade a spade. But to understate it a bit, things are not stacked in CAK's favor this week. I wish I could say this team was as mentally tough as last years and that they will fight to their last breath, but I haven't seen that in them this season. There are some good players on this team, just not enough of them. Overall it is a young team looking for some leadership and an identity. Maybe that would have developed but injuries devasted this team early on and has continued in epidemic proportions. (Side note: "Govols" I'll give you the injury report privately, too long and whiney sounding for this forum.) I'm thinking about taking out the tv broadcast antenna at the game, some kind of Rambo tactical strike and run. Any CAK volunteers to help me?

Really this is a character game for CAK. Regardless of the score our guys need to go out and execute, get some first downs, make some tackles, and try to find the end zone. Its the least we can do for the Alcoa guys,... they are getting bored and gaining too much weight from all the pizzas.

Good luck Warriors, "Respect All, Fear None"

Pretty good. You've referenced "the box" before. Are you referring to the box Coach B carried onto the field last year before every game? IF so, I found it sorta odd myself until a CAK parent explained it to me last year. I thought it might represent the chest containing the "holy grail" or something at first. ha. But I'm told each player committed in writing to certain football,life,spiritual goals for the season and they decided to take those goals with them symbolically to each game in a chest or lockbox. I could see where it may seem corny to others, but once it was explained to me it made a bit more sense. Still liked your lockbox graphic though.