Alcoa vs. CAK

Tornadofan15

I know I am opening myself up to a wave of criticism, but would you expand upon the ""any lost love for CAK". I am a relatively new supporter of CAK. I think CAK is a wonderful school. Is it the public vs. private thing? OR is it a money thing? Or is it that CAK has not competed fairly? Can't be because CAK wins all the time, that honor goes to Alcoa. I'd simply like to know since I plan on engaging in conversation on this board for years to come.

I honestly don't think there are hard feelings. It has been a nice, healthy rivalry. Your coaches would probably like to have the "film" thing to do over I'm sure, but Rankin and staff have no hard feelings. They welcome a challenge and are excited to play someone that is striving to get better as a program. However you are flattering yourself with the "money thing" statement. Alcoa has many families that COULD choose to send their sons and daughters to CAK, not all of course, but many. Your tuition is very affordable in my opinion............a "money thing" would be one of the schools on West End in Nashville sir. I don't think the "money thing" should enter into the discussion especially at a school like yours that has a MISSION that would never mention the "money thing." Before you attack me, I feel qualified to say this as an Alcoa Alum who sends his children to a school almost identical to yours but in another part of the state.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly don't think there are hard feelings. It has been a nice, healthy rivalry. Your coaches would probably like to have the "film" thing to do over I'm sure, but Rankin and staff have no hard feelings. They welcome a challenge and are excited to play someone that is striving to get better as a program. However you are flattering yourself with the "money thing" statement. Alcoa has many families that COULD choose to send their sons and daughters to CAK, not all of course, but many. Your tuition is very affordable in my opinion............a "money thing" would be one of the schools on West End in Nashville sir. I don't think the "money thing" should enter into the discussion especially at a school like yours that has a MISSION that would never mention the "money thing." Before you attack me, I feel qualified to say this as an Alcoa Alum who sends his children to a school almost identical to yours but in another part of the state.

T89 when did you play?

Certainly not flattering myself on "the money thing", I'm a blue collar, dig in the dirt guy. I mentioned that because that is one of the things that seems to get brought up when private schools are involved. Not trying to imply pubic school parents can't afford private education. I attended public schools and so did my children. I'm just trying to get opinions. You are right, CAK is very affordable. I hope lots and lots of people hear that and take a look at CAK. Wink, wink, nod, nod. Of course I'm not going to use the "R" word, but there are lots of opportunities.

Thanks for your thoughts.

I agree, I don't believe that overall there is an attitude of hard feelings towards CAK. I have not picked up on some sort of a overall dislike of our school or team from any of the other region opponents. Some times it seems there are hard feelings towards any school, but particularly a private, that has an inordinate amount of tranfers. That sure isn't the case with CAK! In fact, for Knoxville area schools I suspect we are below average on incoming transfers. I don't pretend to speak for anyone else, but my opinion is that sometimes there is a PERCEPTION of "the money thing" associated with any private school, regardless of whether it is true or not. Virtually every public school has many, many families that could send their child to a private if they so chose. You know, sometimes feelings against a school are not rooted in actuality, it may be only a perception. I've personally observed this on more than one occasion. You can see it all the time in public vs. privates or even open zoned schools vs. not, etc. I suspect you've heard that a time or two at Alcoa, again regardless of whether it is a valid complaint or not. To the one who dislikes a school, his perception is his reality. I sure wouldn't assume that one who supports CAK and refers to someone disliking CAK for public vs. private reasons, or the money thing, or not competing fairly etc. believes any of these things to be valid reasons, but they are certainly reasons that you pick up on from time to time on these boards as a basis for why someone has a negative opinion of a school. I believe that you are indicating that these things do not apply to CAK and I agree completely. I also agree that Alcoa vs. CAK has been a healthy rivalry; I only wish we were able to challenge at a little higher level. Of course, so does the rest of 2A.

Alcoa has a fantastic program, and although your school is a very tough opponent, I always look forward to this game. Your coaches, players, and fans are a class act.

I agree, I don't believe that overall there is an attitude of hard feelings towards CAK. I have not picked up on some sort of a overall dislike of our school or team from any of the other region opponents. Some times it seems there are hard feelings towards any school, but particularly a private, that has an inordinate amount of tranfers. That sure isn't the case with CAK! In fact, for Knoxville area schools I suspect we are below average on incoming transfers. I don't pretend to speak for anyone else, but my opinion is that sometimes there is a PERCEPTION of "the money thing" associated with any private school, regardless of whether it is true or not. Virtually every public school has many, many families that could send their child to a private if they so chose. You know, sometimes feelings against a school are not rooted in actuality, it may be only a perception. I've personally observed this on more than one occasion. You can see it all the time in public vs. privates or even open zoned schools vs. not, etc. I suspect you've heard that a time or two at Alcoa, again regardless of whether it is a valid complaint or not. To the one who dislikes a school, his perception is his reality. I sure wouldn't assume that one who supports CAK and refers to someone disliking CAK for public vs. private reasons, or the money thing, or not competing fairly etc. believes any of these things to be valid reasons, but they are certainly reasons that you pick up on from time to time on these boards as a basis for why someone has a negative opinion of a school. I believe that you are indicating that these things do not apply to CAK and I agree completely. I also agree that Alcoa vs. CAK has been a healthy rivalry; I only wish we were able to challenge at a little higher level. Of course, so does the rest of 2A.

Alcoa has a fantastic program, and although your school is a very tough opponent, I always look forward to this game. Your coaches, players, and fans are a class act.

[/quot

I agree..................thanks

Certainly not flattering myself on "the money thing", I'm a blue collar, dig in the dirt guy. I mentioned that because that is one of the things that seems to get brought up when private schools are involved. Not trying to imply pubic school parents can't afford private education. I attended public schools and so did my children. I'm just trying to get opinions. You are right, CAK is very affordable. I hope lots and lots of people hear that and take a look at CAK. Wink, wink, nod, nod. Of course I'm not going to use the "R" word, but there are lots of opportunities.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Thanks------have fun tonight. I will watch on my laptop. Thank goodness for Truth Radio. I honestly like high school sports much better than following UT. I went to the Ut game at Auburn two weeks ago and I have promised myself I'm done with that "stuff." As I get older, I remember how much I enjoyed the high school rivalries and how they affected me and shaped me to where I am today. Seeing my children mature draws me nearer to the purest form of competative sports and their lasting affects. Thank goodness my kids are better than their "old man!"

This will be Alcoa 1st toughest region game plus it's away from home . CAK had an off week last week and may get some players back for this game but I'll go out on a limb and predict another shutout for the defense , 35 to 0 . What's ev1 esles predictions ?

alcoa will win but thay better be glad they are not playing the boys from woodbury. they are one of the best teams in the state they are even ranked nationally