Jo Byrns @ Nashville Christian

Shep

I appreciate everyones kind words on the website! It's made me find time to update the website; can you believe it? Check it out, I've updated the schedule, standing, stats, and headlines.

A few notes:

In case you didn't know, you can click on each game (in the schedule section) to see the box scores. The "Headlines" page has a link to the newspaper articles that were written about JB.

Also, as I was updating the stats I noticed something interesting that relates to my previous post about JB's turnover struggles. If you compare last year's offense to this year here's what I've found:

In 2007 the offense averaged 392 yards and 40.3 points per game through the first 6 games of the season. This year, the offense has averaged 361 yards and 25.5 points per game through the first 6 games. So I ask why are we scoring nearly 15 points less per game when we gain almost as many yards? I think one of the biggest reasons is turnovers...in '07 we had a turnover ratio of +6 at this point in the season; in '08 we've got a turnover ratio of either -1 or 0 (my memory and the newspaper stats don't match). The only other reason I can think of for the points difference is that we're not executing as well in the redzone.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I appreciate everyones kind words on the website! It's made me find time to update the website; can you believe it? Check it out, I've updated the schedule, standing, stats, and headlines.

A few notes:

In case you didn't know, you can click on each game (in the schedule section) to see the box scores. The "Headlines" page has a link to the newspaper articles that were written about JB.

Also, as I was updating the stats I noticed something interesting that relates to my previous post about JB's turnover struggles. If you compare last year's offense to this year here's what I've found:

In 2007 the offense averaged 392 yards and 40.3 points per game through the first 6 games of the season. This year, the offense has averaged 361 yards and 25.5 points per game through the first 6 games. So I ask why are we scoring nearly 15 points less per game when we gain almost as many yards? I think one of the biggest reasons is turnovers...in '07 we had a turnover ratio of +6 at this point in the season; in '08 we've got a turnover ratio of either -1 or 0 (my memory and the newspaper stats don't match). The only other reason I can think of for the points difference is that we're not executing as well in the redzone.

I think that both things are true we turn it over way too much probably in the red zone. Our red zone play hasn't been exactly crisp. Will you be at the game?

I think that both things are true we turn it over way too much probably in the red zone. Our red zone play hasn't been exactly crisp. Will you be at the game?

Better enjoy tonight JB fans. That undefeated season ends in 1 week! Pats gonna stomp tat tail agin this year! Hung 28 on the Vikings last night in the first half! My boy, Tobitt will b ready to run over tat lil D line of yours!

Better enjoy tonight JB fans. That undefeated season ends in 1 week! Pats gonna stomp tat tail agin this year! Hung 28 on the Vikings last night in the first half! My boy, Tobitt will b ready to run over tat lil D line of yours!

That was pretty impressive win. I bet some teams in the Region are worried now! Don't think so! Enjoy the victory last night because that will be the last one you get this year!

Been out of town and late reading this thread. Correct me if I am wrong RedDevil88, but wasn't Jo Byrns a member of 8A in 1985? McEwen went 10-0 with a win over JBHS to win the District that year so a loss to TPS didn't cost ya the district.

Scooter Edwards would have been a senior in the class of 90' and he was one heck of a running back. Pretty good nose guard too.

Been out of town and late reading this thread. Correct me if I am wrong RedDevil88, but wasn't Jo Byrns a member of 8A in 1985? McEwen went 10-0 with a win over JBHS to win the District that year so a loss to TPS didn't cost ya the district.

Scooter Edwards would have been a senior in the class of 90' and he was one heck of a running back. Pretty good nose guard too.

85 jbs was dist8-a, 89 we played scooter my senior year in state playoff early round allaround athlete he was.we also got to play with curtis woodard a couple of yrs.he didn't do so hot against us though.