Week 8: 2-4 (2-1) Gordonsville @ 1-5 (1-2) Monterey

panther14

Gville had plenty of doubters this week.

No one that I worked with that are Region 4 fans thought we had much of a chance after the showing last week.

Winning games like this one can help a team mature.

Props to the coaching staff with the adjustments they made that held Monterey scoreless in the second half.

I would like to say that Gville played this game without their best defensive end which is a necessity against a wing-t.

I wasn't at the game, so I don't know who exactly played in his place, but props to the defense to stepping up in his absence. It was also glad to hear Brady Hearn was back on the field.

Congrats to the Tigers!! Sounds like a nail biter. Keep the ball rolling. The TC / Clay game was over by the 1st qtr. I left at half time. Good luck next week!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to the Tigers!! Sounds like a nail biter. Keep the ball rolling. The TC / Clay game was over by the 1st qtr. I left at half time. Good luck next week!

It was a nailbiter, Gville scored with about 30 seconds left and went for two to take the lead instead of the tie.

The wife was pretty miffed at me for staying tuned to the radio while we had company over for my son's 1st birthday party, but it was worth it. My son had a good birthday and the Tigers won. What a day!!!!!!!! I'm sure he'll appreciate it in the future.

Congrats to Gordonsville on the big WIN!!! This should just about get the Tigers to the playoffs I imagine.

not necessarily. Gordonsville still has to play Watertown, Friendship, AND Celina. All 3 are games that could end up in the loss column. At the same time I think 2 could end up in the win column. I don't think Gordonsville beats FC this year.

btw, I would like to add that there were A LOT of personal fouls in this game on both teams. Some were warranted, others I am not so sure about. But I will say number 3 and number 6 from Monterey talk a lot of smack and as hard and dirty as this game was, I was really shocked to see number 3 throw a punch after Malone intercepted the ball to seal the game. And as for number 6, he should really grow up a few inches, I mean he was only like 4'8" maybe before he talks smack. Both players were over at the Gordonsville sideline talking smack to the fans and what not, not saying the Gordonsville faithful was acting very sportsmanlike either, but both players just need to keep their mouth shut and go back to their perspective huddles after the play is over.

btw, I would like to add that there were A LOT of personal fouls in this game on both teams. Some were warranted, others I am not so sure about. But I will say number 3 and number 6 from Monterey talk a lot of smack and as hard and dirty as this game was, I was really shocked to see number 3 throw a punch after Malone intercepted the ball to seal the game. And as for number 6, he should really grow up a few inches, I mean he was only like 4'8" maybe before he talks smack. Both players were over at the Gordonsville sideline talking smack to the fans and what not, not saying the Gordonsville faithful was acting very sportsmanlike either, but both players just need to keep their mouth shut and go back to their perspective huddles after the play is over.

Slow down their Bishop. The personal foul count was 3 on Gordonsville and 1 on Monterey. Also if you are a grown man making fun of a kid for how tall he is pretty classless in itself. This was a good hard fought game, and sometimes emotions run high. Their was one of your player doing the same thing 6 did to the Monterey crowd. It is all part of the game. Now if number 3 threw a punch that is different and he is lucky not to be thrown out.

Slow down their Bishop. The personal foul count was 3 on Gordonsville and 1 on Monterey. Also if you are a grown man making fun of a kid for how tall he is pretty classless in itself. This was a good hard fought game, and sometimes emotions run high. Their was one of your player doing the same thing 6 did to the Monterey crowd. It is all part of the game. Now if number 3 threw a punch that is different and he is lucky not to be thrown out.

I'm 6'4" pretty much everyone is shorter than me, don't like me talking about a kids height? get over it. If I wanted to make fun of him, I would have said that a certain Monterey cheerleader threw a tighter spiral at half time than your 4 foot tall QB, but that's neither here nor there. Secondly, it was 4 PF for G-ville and 2 for Monterey. There was a play on a punt I believe where both players got into it on the sidelines and offsetting PF's were called, I don't care if they didn't count in the stats. The fact that where were SIX personal fouls in this game is down right disgraceful. And yes, the final PF was called on number 3 for throwing a punch, personally, he probably should have been tossed but since there was only :15 seconds left, I guess the refs let him stay in. All in all, it was a dirty game on both teams, not just one. I did see on PF call on Gordonsville that I have no idea what happened. Maybe some post-play trash talk but I didn't see any late hits or anything, but that was just me.

oh, and last I checked, talking smack to the crowd is NOT part of the game. I know that my HS coach never would have allowed that to happen. That's a difference between good coaching and not so good coaching.

Well your coach allowed it because one of your players was agging our crowd on as well. Also I will say it again getting on here and making fun of a 15 year old kid takes a big man. Oh wait a minute your 6'4". Your a freaking joke!

Easy boys, calm down here now. Everything's fine. The sun came up again this morning, and will tomorrow IF the Good Lord doesn't return. That being said, Thanks DaCoach, I looked for ya at the game, but to no avail! Anyway, both teams played hard and except for a few "instances or situations" in the game, it was well played, 'hats off to the G-Men, having the guts to go for the win w/:32 remaining. Hey, MHS had their chances but JUST came up short.

Well, all for now I guess!

It was a nailbiter, Gville scored with about 30 seconds left and went for two to take the lead instead of the tie.

The wife was pretty miffed at me for staying tuned to the radio while we had company over for my son's 1st birthday party, but it was worth it. My son had a good birthday and the Tigers won. What a day!!!!!!!! I'm sure he'll appreciate it in the future.

/laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Well, first of all, tell the little Tiger, Happy Birthday from the Grunt! For what it's worth, I would have done the same thing. Priorities, you know. LOL