Week 7 big games in Memphis

kwc

Whitehaven

Millington

Germantown

Mitchell (upset)

Right on with you picks i agree 100%

Just when you want to believe Ridgeway might be for real they put up another performance like the CBHS game. If they could not score on Cordova i see them having a hard time scoring on Millington. I did not see any big stats from the Ridgeway/Cordova game and i did see a punt return so looks like there was not a huge display of offense in that game. Better bring some offense when playing Millington.

Houston is not a real good team but coach Haney and his staff will have a good plan to compete against Whaven but i dont think that will be enough. Whaven has to much speed for Houston to win but i bet this game is closer than most predict.

Gtown exposes Kirby again, players back will probably not matter for kirby. Good old Fashion smash mounth football beats Kirby this week. Kirby has a chance if Gtown has problems with turnovers. they have put the ball on the ground this year so anything is possible.

I'm going to tell you ... that Cordova/Ridgeway game caught me by surprise as well as the Houston/Collierville game. I called the Collierville win ... I just didn't imagine a shutout. The Houston/Whitehaven game is Whitehaven's homecoming game ... Houston will take offense to that ... but I don't think it will affect the outcome much. Cordova beat Ridgeway on the ground and on special teams. Neither team could pass the ball effectively. The RB at Cordova broke off a few long runs. Ridgeway's RB's didn't. Then there is Craigmont. I know one thing ... Millington, Cordova, Ridgeway, and Craigmont will represent 7-5A in the post season ... I'm only confident in saying that Millington will be the number one seed. Everything else is up in the air.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not so sure if I would count out Bolton or Bartlett just yet! Bartlett has Overton, Cordova, Central, and Ridgeway left. Cordova and Ridgeway are at home. One game at a time, but if Bartlett can get better, I believe those are four games they can win. Which would put them at 5-3 in the region.

Craigmont still plays Ridgeway, Cordova, and Central. They lose two that puts them at 5-3. And Central is getting better.

Cordova still plays Bartlett, Craigmont, and Millington. Very possible to lose those 3 games. If so they are 5-3.

Ridgeway still plays Bartlett, Craigmont and Millington. Again tough games and they could end at 5-3.

There are so many things to look at. It is very possible that the region turns out almost identical to last year. Minus the Bolton-Craigmont issue. This leaves for a very interesting 4 weeks.

I'm going to tell you ... that Cordova/Ridgeway game caught me by surprise as well as the Houston/Collierville game. I called the Collierville win ... I just didn't imagine a shutout. The Houston/Whitehaven game is Whitehaven's homecoming game ... Houston will take offense to that ... but I don't think it will affect the outcome much. Cordova beat Ridgeway on the ground and on special teams. Neither team could pass the ball effectively. The RB at Cordova broke off a few long runs. Ridgeway's RB's didn't. Then there is Craigmont. I know one thing ... Millington, Cordova, Ridgeway, and Craigmont will represent 7-5A in the post season ... I'm only confident in saying that Millington will be the number one seed. Everything else is up in the air.

kwc, What do you think about Kirby, I think they are improved no doubt but i look at the 5-0 start and than i look at the schedule and i see 5 straight losses. Talk about a bad draw in the region meetings. Man nobody would want to finish with that stretch of 5 games even this year when all of the teams are down a little.

Fri Aug. 22 at Raleigh Egypt W 40-8

Fri Aug. 29 at Haywood W 30-21

Fri Sep. 5 Wooddale R W 22-6

Fri Sep. 12 at Fayette Ware W 40-6

Fri Sep. 19 Hamilton R W 50-14

Fri Oct. 3 White Station N R Fairgrounds L 6-42

Fri Oct. 10 at Germantown R

Fri Oct. 17 Whitehaven R Homecoming

Fri Oct. 24 Houston R Senior Night

Fri Oct. 31 at Collierville R

Im not so sure if I would count out Bolton or Bartlett just yet! Bartlett has Overton, Cordova, Central, and Ridgeway left. Cordova and Ridgeway are at home. One game at a time, but if Bartlett can get better, I believe those are four games they can win. Which would put them at 5-3 in the region.

Craigmont still plays Ridgeway, Cordova, and Central. They lose two that puts them at 5-3. And Central is getting better.

Cordova still plays Bartlett, Craigmont, and Millington. Very possible to lose those 3 games. If so they are 5-3.

Ridgeway still plays Bartlett, Craigmont and Millington. Again tough games and they could end at 5-3.

There are so many things to look at. It is very possible that the region turns out almost identical to last year. Minus the Bolton-Craigmont issue. This leaves for a very interesting 4 weeks.

lilcoach7, I hear what you are saying but ... honestly ... I think Bolton, Bartlett, Central and Overton are through. No disrespect to either of those teams, but I just feel the top four are already established and it's just a matter of seeding placement. I can see Bartlett beating Overton and Central, but I don't see them beating Cordova and Ridgeway. Maybe they can prove me wrong ... but for now ... I'm not buying it.

kwc, What do you think about Kirby, I think they are improved no doubt but i look at the 5-0 start and than i look at the schedule and i see 5 straight losses. Talk about a bad draw in the region meetings. Man nobody would want to finish with that stretch of 5 games even this year when all of the teams are down a little.

Fri Aug. 22 at Raleigh Egypt W 40-8

Fri Aug. 29 at Haywood W 30-21

Fri Sep. 5 Wooddale R W 22-6

Fri Sep. 12 at Fayette Ware W 40-6

Fri Sep. 19 Hamilton R W 50-14

Fri Oct. 3 White Station N R Fairgrounds L 6-42

Fri Oct. 10 at Germantown R

Fri Oct. 17 Whitehaven R Homecoming

Fri Oct. 24 Houston R Senior Night

Fri Oct. 31 at Collierville R

I think Kirby still has a slight chance. But is is oh so slight. They would have to beat two of the remaining four teams on their schedule, and after that beat-down they took from a VERY GOOD White Station team ... I don't know. I don't see them beating two of the four remaining though ... there in lies the rub. Who of the four do you think they can beat? We will see after they play Germantown with their full arsenal at their disposal ... but I'm not convinced ... I still think that they may be a year away.

Cordova is a FRAUD.

You Millington fans are great. Yeras of not making the playoffs and early exits, but you forget about all of that after a couple of really good years. You have had a couple of good seasons and now you think you have been a state power for years. Nice job last season, great football season followed by not one football signing a scholarship--pretty much as usual. Way to take care of your kids after theie careers are over. You did have three football players sign basketball scholarships so at least someoen is looking out for the kids.

You Millington fans are great. Yeras of not making the playoffs and early exits, but you forget about all of that after a couple of really good years. You have had a couple of good seasons and now you think you have been a state power for years. Nice job last season, great football season followed by not one football signing a scholarship--pretty much as usual. Way to take care of your kids after theie careers are over. You did have three football players sign basketball scholarships so at least someoen is looking out for the kids.

TraderB isn't a Millington fan escaladedriver32. If I remember correctly, TraderB is a Collierville guy. He's like me in this regard ... we keep up with football in Memphis and the surrounding areas. If he thinks Cordova is a fraud ... it's not because he's a Millington fan ... its because that's his opinion of them. I will add this ... any Memphis area team that makes it out of the playoffs ... like me, he is in full support.

I did not want to go here but you have crossed the line. I would expect such a statement from someone with the name Escaladedriver. You are correct that the players from millington have not fared well on their move to college but it is not due to the staff and administration not doing what they are suppose to due. These kids come into the high school set to fail because the system has pushed them through instead of making them due what is required. As far as last years Seniors there are four kids on college rosters this year (3 redshirting) and one playing JUCo in MS. The only three that could not qualify was Simpson, Freyerson, Justice and that was due to ACT scores. Justice is the only football player playing Basketball(JUCO). Let not make statements about players when we don't know what we are talking about.

Lets take a look at you other statement about football Now:

1998-2007 (Last 10 seasons)

1998 Millington playoffs 1st rnd loss

1999 Millington playoffs 2nd rnd loss (Cordova Junior Class No Playoffs)

2000 Millington playoffs 1st rnd loss (Cordova 1st Senior Class Semifinals good job)

2001 Millington playoffs 1st rnd loss (Cordova No Playoffs way to follow up a semifinal run)

2002 Mill No Playoffs (Cordova No Playoffs)

2003 Mill playoffs 2nd rnd loss (Cordova 1st rnd loss)

2004 Mill playoffs 1st rnd loss ( Cordova 1st rnd loss)

2005 Mill playoffs 2nd rnd loss (Cordova 1st rnd loss)

2006 Mill playoffs 1st rnd loss (Cordova 1st rnd loss)

2007 Mill playoffs Semifinals ( Cordova No Playoffs)

2008 We will see????????

In 10 season i see Millington 15 playoff games 6 wins & Cordova 8 games 3 wins

both team making a run to the Semifinals

Looks like Cordova had early exist also

Maybe they did not all go to college but i was there from 2000, and outside of last year there has not been very many college level players go through that program. The ones that missed their chance was due to grades and they were given every opportunity to succeed and they did not get it done. ALL THOSE players that took care of there studies got their chance and continued playing.

Our players don't have private tutors and in some cases parents to help them outside of school, much less automobiles (ESCALADES!)

Please keep your pampered comments to yourself until you have facts to support your slander.

If you are a Cordova Fan keep winning and we will see you WEEK 10 ON YOUR FIELD.

I am not going to react in a negative manner to your comments. First that was not a millington fan you attacked, second we did have 5 players sign and are playing, and working towars a college education, however we can improve in tha area and we are, third becareful what you say we still have a game to play.

We (Mitchell) are hard to judge. 3 of our 4 losses were ugly. If the defense shows up we should win. The offense is awesome. I hope the schedule pays off in the playoff. If it does not they will be glad that I am gone.

I don't think you need a lot of defense to beat CBHS you should be able to outscore them

We (Mitchell) are hard to judge. 3 of our 4 losses were ugly. If the defense shows up we should win. The offense is awesome. I hope the schedule pays off in the playoff. If it does not they will be glad that I am gone.

I agree ... the offense is awsome. It's time for the 'D' to step up.