UC vs. SF

Switchhitter

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my opinion, football is a team sport. When a player commits to play football, they should be at every game and every practice. It's fine to want to travel, but travel in the off season. Don't make every person on the team pay a price for it. It is the selfish and should never be allowed.

I can't argue, but when is the off-season. Do these kids play baketball or baseball. Plus summer work outs. When is the off-season. Don't get me wrong, I would be mad if I were the coach, but many sports are pretty much year round.

I can't argue, but when is the off-season. Do these kids play baketball or baseball. Plus summer work outs. When is the off-season. Don't get me wrong, I would be mad if I were the coach, but many sports are pretty much year round.

They can go after they graduate and they don't have the sports obligation. Like I said before this is NOT a school trip and it is NOT limited to students. If the team has to make do without them for the next two games they should make do without them for the next four. They owe it to their team mates to play. What does this teach our kids about commitment, obligation and responsibility? It is unbelievable that the team/coach/school is letting this happen. I guess football is a team sport only if it's convenient!

If South Fulton Was 0 And 6 We Wouldn't Be Having This Discussion. Heck The Coach Would Probably Even be Going.

But By 6 And 0.... Well One Wants To Wrinkle An Eye A Little. And What Will Other Kids Say To These Men If They Lose To Union City?

But I Got An Idea To Your Delima............. I'll Go.........I'll Take Pictures......... I'll Even Wear A Mask Of You And Have Pictures Of It Taken....

If South Fulton Was 0 And 6 We Wouldn't Be Having This Discussion. Heck The Coach Would Probably Even be Going.

But By 6 And 0.... Well One Wants To Wrinkle An Eye A Little. And What Will Other Kids Say To These Men If They Lose To Union City?

But I Got An Idea To Your Delima............. I'll Go.........I'll Take Pictures......... I'll Even Wear A Mask Of You And Have Pictures Of It Taken....

Butchie: I was just as upset the last two years when they went. Wrong is still wrong even if you are losing.

As far as you going, you are too big! I am only 6' 2" and I hang off of the beds in Europe. The accomodations over there aren't what we are used to in the USA. People over there are not as big as we are.

I Was Over There Alot In The 80's And Your Exactly Right. I Woke Up In Paris, France One Morning And Ordered The Continental Breakfast. Now I Had About A Belly And A Half Of Cognac The Night Before And Had Me A Powerful Itch on For Some Coffee And Maybe A Danish.... Kinda Watching My Figure Back Then.. This Lil Thang Came Up There With A Bottle Of Wine And A Loaf Of Bread.... Hard Enough to Be A Bat.... The Look On My Face Concerned Her... And She Said Dip It... Dip It... Heck I Asked Her Dip What? What Did You Call Me?

The Bread Joe!! She Stated. Dip The Bread.... I Said Oh! Yeah! I Got It! I Stepped Back In The Room, Shut The Door, And Leaned The " Bat " Against The Door And Then Proceeded To Drink The Wine...

I Know Your Laughing... But The Wine Worked Better than Coffee And ###### On The Danish..

Losing these two guys will hurt the team tremendously. This trip could be scheduled in the summer time when no actual season is goin on. When i was a senior the same two went on the trip along with about 6 or 7 others. And most of them even started game night as freshmen. Coach Spivey has made a wise decision with making the kids commit to being on the team. They dont have much to chose from now and witha few out here and there it would turn things for the worse real quick. Football is just a sport, but when ur goal is to win games and u have made a commitment to the coach and the rest of your teammates and then take a two week vacation is just unnexeptible.

As for the game, I still cant make a prediction. SF DOES have what it takes to make the game close. They just need to play with no mistakes and hope UC make a few also.

If a kid wants to go on this and still play football he'll be able to do it.....If you know what I mean....I doubt the school system wants to cross that river....I didn't hear the county superintendent or county athletic director say they had to make a choice...Just the football coach...And at the end of the day,the coach aint the boss...

Check this out though...Last season up at Graves County,Ky., there were two guys that play on the GC soccer team...For some reason they play both football and soccer at the same time of year up there...Anyway,the Eagles had these guys on the football team as kickers..There was this Jamboree-like deal up in Lexington or Louisville,I forget but those two guys decided they would go play soccer and left their team without any kickers at all....If I remember right they lost a close game because they had to go for two after their TD's and didn't make them...

I mentioned in my earlier post about punishment...I just wonder if the new coach will make them pay a penalty,such as extra running,sitting out a quarter the next game or whatever...I just wonder if they won't think the blame they'll get from teammates and school and community if they lose the game will be plenty of punishment...

I think folks may have their priorities mixed up a little....People that know me and know how sports-crazed I am will know that's hard for me to say....Education in high school should always come first.This trip has been going on awhile now and nothing has been done to change the time of year it happens....Like one poster said.the people involved have known about it since Spring..Of course nobody thought SF would be fighting for a region championship this late in the year...