UC vs. SF

Switchhitter

Our pass D is much improved from the last few games. We picked off Speed about 3 or 4 times. Speed only broke loose for a long gain about 1 or 2 time with one being the td he ran from sideline to sideline on. Congrats to UC on the win and with Speed running yall offense like he did last night, aside the fumble, with the pitch, he will be hard to stop. He runs it well.

Good luck to UC the rest of the way and hopefully this wont break us.

It will be interesting to see how the Red Devils respond to a loss....They never gave up Friday night and played right down to the final whistle....That is a good sign....I am impressed with your new coach..He had a good gameplan worked up and that onside kick on the opening kick-off was a gutsy move....He had a good scheme against our mid-line package..Unlike the last few years we had someone able to adjust to an opposing teams game-plan and started taking advantage of other weak spots on the Red Devil defense...I'll have to say with what SF has coming up and what Spivey has done in a very short time with the program,we'll be seeing SF a regular in the play-offs again..

Good Luck the rest of the way....

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be interesting to see how the Red Devils respond to a loss....They never gave up Friday night and played right down to the final whistle....That is a good sign....I am impressed with your new coach..He had a good gameplan worked up and that onside kick on the opening kick-off was a gutsy move....He had a good scheme against our mid-line package..Unlike the last few years we had someone able to adjust to an opposing teams game-plan and started taking advantage of other weak spots on the Red Devil defense...I'll have to say with what SF has coming up and what Spivey has done in a very short time with the program,we'll be seeing SF a regular in the play-offs again..

Good Luck the rest of the way....

I Have To Agree With This Post. Thanks P&G.

WHAT?????? Did you read what I posted before you replied or are you replying to another post and lost track? There was no jealousy in my post. I complimented UC's line.

I might have taken something out of context and if I did I am sorry. The referral was that 174 yards rushing and 3 TD's...It must take alot to impress you.

I might have taken something out of context and if I did I am sorry. The referral was that 174 yards rushing and 3 TD's...It must take alot to impress you.

He also threw three interceptions, and fumbled twice. That's whats not impressive.

I also read earlier,but I'm not for sure if it was you. Someone said that it would have been a 30 pt. game if UC wouldn't have had 3 turnovers. You have to remember that SF had 4 maybe 5 turnovers, and about 4 penalties that allowed four of UC's drives to continue.

This game could have been alot diff. and in favor of SF.

Lake Co want make it to the playoffs.They cant beat UC,Mckenzie,and SF.These 3 teams along with Greenfield will be the playoff teams out of this district.I actually see Lake Co finishing 6th.

I thought maybe you were talking about Union City being in 6th place and the upcoming basketball season when I saw your post...Lake Co could very easily be with only 1 loss this year ,even without not having much of adefense..Union City beat Lake Co with two starting running backs that quit just a few days before we played...Trevor Blythe ran for over 100 yards against Union City and didn't play against Gleason at all with a concussion..The past couple games Lake Co has went with freshman Ricky Boyd at running back,a speedster that Union City did'nt get to see....About your post..Not saying we will beat South Fulton..but we have 3 common opponents..West Carrol..Bruceton and the Mighty Tornadoes...Who have they beaten that we haven't and if you compare the scores..Lake Co beat two of the teams by more points and closer to U.C...Plus ..sometimes it's about matchups..Union City is built around their quarterback and is mostly built around the running game which is probably a strength of South Fulton,stopping the running game..Does South Fulton have the defensive backs to cover 4 or 5 receivers..Not just 1 or 2...Plus a running game and catch passes out of the backfield..U.C is suppose to have a defense but they didn't stop Lake Co all night..Lake Co has lost because of their defense..Lake Co has a better offense than Union City and more team speed..Lake Co just didn't stop your quarterback..Union City couldn't stop anybody we had...So..We'll see who is right!

Our pass D is much improved from the last few games. We picked off Speed about 3 or 4 times. Speed only broke loose for a long gain about 1 or 2 time with one being the td he ran from sideline to sideline on. Congrats to UC on the win and with Speed running yall offense like he did last night, aside the fumble, with the pitch, he will be hard to stop. He runs it well.

Good luck to UC the rest of the way and hopefully this wont break us.

Union City had better hope Speed doesn't get hurt because he's mostly all they have..Their defense isn't much better than Lake Co's..As far as intercepting him..The night we played them didn't show me anything in the passing game..A team with a good defense as far as stopping the run completely will beat Union City..!

He also threw three interceptions, and fumbled twice. That's whats not impressive.

I also read earlier,but I'm not for sure if it was you. Someone said that it would have been a 30 pt. game if UC wouldn't have had 3 turnovers. You have to remember that SF had 4 maybe 5 turnovers, and about 4 penalties that allowed four of UC's drives to continue.

You may as well give up..Not going to get anywhere with most of the U.C. posters..It's all U.C. and no one else!

UC threw 2 interceptions. SF threw 4. We fumbled SF fumbled. I did not make a post saying we would have won by 30. I did make a post and congradulate SF kids and their coach for the progress they have made. I was refering to calling kids by name and I don't do that unless it is positive.

Union City had better hope Speed doesn't get hurt because he's mostly all they have..Their defense isn't much better than Lake Co's..As far as intercepting him..The night we played them didn't show me anything in the passing game..A team with a good defense as far as stopping the run completely will beat Union City..!

Colton Speed's stats against Lake County Sept.5th 2008.....

Rushing....22-310 yards....

Passing.....3 for 3 118 yards....Zero interceptions...

Folks that not team stats...That's one person's stats....

Bigster why would UC need to show much in the passing game when as a team they rushed 56 times for 535 yards and had 27 first downs??...

Bigster..UC hopes Colton doesn't get hurt or Jacob Worley or Josh Nicks or Kendrick Price or Trey Maddox....Speed is a huge part of the team but they are not a one-man show...

Union City' s defense is MUCH better than Lake County's...I know you are not saying LC is a good defensive team now because they have shutout back-to-back opponents??...(Bruceton and West Carroll...0-14)