UC vs. SF

Switchhitter

Colton Speed's stats against Lake County Sept.5th 2008.....

Rushing....22-310 yards....

Passing.....3 for 3 118 yards....Zero interceptions...

Folks that not team stats...That's one person's stats....

Bigster why would UC need to show much in the passing game when as a team they rushed 56 times for 535 yards and had 27 first downs??...

Bigster..UC hopes Colton doesn't get hurt or Jacob Worley or Josh Nicks or Kendrick Price or Trey Maddox....Speed is a huge part of the team but they are not a one-man show...

Union City' s defense is MUCH better than Lake County's...I know you are not saying LC is a good defensive team now because they have shutout back-to-back opponents??...(Bruceton and West Carroll...0-14)

UC is a team and ask anyone on that team if they care about spotlight. They are about winning be it O or D or coaching it doesn't matter. Things have turned around at UC.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UC is a team and ask anyone on that team if they care about spotlight. They are about winning be it O or D or coaching it doesn't matter. Things have turned around at UC.

When does Zach Caveness(#5)become eligible??...If you guys have noticed the #43 on the sidelines and don't know who it is,he is a player....If he does what he needs to do in the off-season he will be something else..Big and fast..

When does Zach Caveness(#5)become eligible??...If you guys have noticed the #43 on the sidelines and don't know who it is,he is a player....If he does what he needs to do in the off-season he will be something else..Big and fast..

I think it is week 8 and I can tell you he is a tremeandous athlete. Comes from the Zipp family

I think it is week 8 and I can tell you he is a tremeandous athlete. Comes from the Zipp family

Yeah I played with his daddy at UC...

If he is anything like his uncles Greg and Bill he'll be a monster.... /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I might have taken something out of context and if I did I am sorry. The referral was that 174 yards rushing and 3 TD's...It must take alot to impress you.

Jack: He is a very good runner. He wasn't a good passer Friday night. He had a couple of good runs that bumped his yards per carry up. I thought we did a good job of containing him. The way the UC people were talking before the game, I expected him to be as good or better than Fulton City's Aaron Wilson and he wasn't. He is very good but he has an outstanding line to block for him. It's just that from the posts made on Coach-T I expected him to be a lot more than he was. I sure didn't expect your line to be as good as it was.

Colton Speed's stats against Lake County Sept.5th 2008.....

Rushing....22-310 yards....

Passing.....3 for 3 118 yards....Zero interceptions...

Folks that not team stats...That's one person's stats....

Bigster why would UC need to show much in the passing game when as a team they rushed 56 times for 535 yards and had 27 first downs??...

Bigster..UC hopes Colton doesn't get hurt or Jacob Worley or Josh Nicks or Kendrick Price or Trey Maddox....Speed is a huge part of the team but they are not a one-man show...

Union City' s defense is MUCH better than Lake County's...I know you are not saying LC is a good defensive team now because they have shutout back-to-back opponents??...(Bruceton and West Carroll...0-14)

I see you're more of a fan for offense..I noticed you didn't put put the yards that Lake Co had in the game,rushing and especially passing..Seems like passing yards was between 4 or 5 hundred yards..And had about 80 yards or so that were called back because of penalties..So if your defense is that much better..then Lake Co must really be loaded on offense..Also seems like and I'm not going to go back and look..that it was about a 6 point or 7 points game with about 2 or 3 minutes to play and U.C. was facing a 4th and 1 or 2 yards to go for a first down and Speed went up the middle on a quarteback keeper for about 60 yards...Like I said..Lake Co had a couple players quit and you haven't seen our freshman running back...The running back we had that night ran over several U.C. players on different occassions all night.......And folks....the U.C. faithful are trying to have you believe they are loaded...lol...They beat Lake Co but barely...They beat Bruceton..And oh yea..That power house team a few miles away by not a very impressive margin at all...And folks..as Gold likes to refer to everyone...it's the same Central team that I don't think has won a game this year and has scored probably 50 points...No not in a game...All year...!Very impressive Union City!...Lake Co may not beat South Fulton..may not beat Greenfield or McKenzie..but I sure wish we could get 3rd place..win a game in the region playoffs and somehow play U.C. again...As we are getting better...stop the U.C. quarterback..and U.C. isn't very good!

I see you're more of a fan for offense..I noticed you didn't put put the yards that Lake Co had in the game,rushing and especially passing..Seems like passing yards was between 4 or 5 hundred yards..And had about 80 yards or so that were called back because of penalties..So if your defense is that much better..then Lake Co must really be loaded on offense..Also seems like and I'm not going to go back and look..that it was about a 6 point or 7 points game with about 2 or 3 minutes to play and U.C. was facing a 4th and 1 or 2 yards to go for a first down and Speed went up the middle on a quarteback keeper for about 60 yards...Like I said..Lake Co had a couple players quit and you haven't seen our freshman running back...The running back we had that night ran over several U.C. players on different occassions all night.......And folks....the U.C. faithful are trying to have you believe they are loaded...lol...They beat Lake Co but barely...They beat Bruceton..And oh yea..That power house team a few miles away by not a very impressive margin at all...And folks..as Gold likes to refer to everyone...it's the same Central team that I don't think has won a game this year and has scored probably 50 points...No not in a game...All year...!Very impressive Union City!...Lake Co may not beat South Fulton..may not beat Greenfield or McKenzie..but I sure wish we could get 3rd place..win a game in the region playoffs and somehow play U.C. again...As we are getting better...stop the U.C. quarterback..and U.C. isn't very good!

no one in west tennessee in single A is just awesome either.

BE very very very careful what you wish for especially being a non-issue in this race

Grab-bag,draw a play in the dirt teams always scare me,especially in the play-offs.....

I don't think a rematch will occur but I doubt it would resemble the first game at all if it does....

I hope I never get to the point where I'm happy with moral victories... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Stats for the UC-LC game played 9-5-2008....

Lake County...

First Downs-19

Total Offense-526

Rushing Yards-31-113

Passing-18-29-0 for 413 yards

Punts-1 for 31.0

Fumbles-1 fumble zero lost

Penalties-5 for 34 yards

Union City.....

First Downs-27

Total Offense-653

Rushing Yards-56-535

Passing-3-4-0 for 118 yards

Punts-ZERO

Penalties-7 for 35 yards

I hate to break it to you but the Tornadoes HAVE to play Bruceton,West Carroll,Greenfield,Gleason,South Fulton,McKenzie and Lake County...You act like we have a choice in that....

Our defenses(both)were AWFUL that night.....But LC is getting better because they beat Bruceton and West Carroll...0-14 combined mind you..Yeah I understand you.... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

All Lake County had to do was make a stop..One stop....The only drive we didn't score on was when the clock ran out on us at halftime...One stop bigster...

Stats for the UC-LC game played 9-5-2008....

Lake County...

First Downs-19

Total Offense-526

Rushing Yards-31-113

Passing-18-29-0 for 413 yards

Punts-1 for 31.0

Penalties-5 for 34 yards

Union City.....

First Downs-27

Total Offense-653

Rushing Yards-56-535

Passing-3-4-0 for 118 yards

Punts-ZERO

Penalties-7 for 35 yards

I hate to break it to you but the Tornadoes HAVE to play Bruceton,West Carroll,Greenfield,Gleason,South Fulton,McKenzie and Lake County...You act like we have a choice in that....

Our defenses(both)were AWFUL that night.....But LC is getting better because they beat Bruceton and West Carroll...0-14 combined mind you..Yeah I understand you.... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

All Lake County had to do was make a stop..One stop....The only drive we didn't score on was when the clock ran out on us at halftime...One stop bigster...

You're right..Just one stop...I see we only punted 1 time also ..So..Had the clock not ran out at the end of the game ,we would have scored again also..But..It's over with and you're right ..it was an exciting game but both defenses were terrible!

More back on to topic, the way I see it, South Fulton, Lake Co., Gleason and Greenfield all still have a shot at a playoff berth. For Lake Co., Gleason and Greenfield it could come down to a tiebreaker possibly for a spot. All but two of the teams in 7A have played some good ball at times this season. Some have played pretty good all season but, still absorbed a loss or two (or three). The last three weeks of this regular season may well be some of the best ball playing all of us have seen so far since a playoff spot is in the balance for most every game being played in that time period.

On a down note, 7A is not as strong overall as it has been the past 2-3 seasons. There is no team in the region that folks are looking at and saying they could go "all the way" this time. It's all good. All any team from this region can do is the best they can do and that's all that can be asked of them. Regardless of what some might say, I believe completely that 7A can play with 8A in the playoffs. They aren't pushovers but, we can hang with them. Any of us still standing after Round 2 has done well.