Rebulls vs. Red Rebulls

STARSNBARS

Flash Gordon

I think it is amazing the improvement Maryville has made. In that 1st quarter vs Halls,The Jamboree vs Seymour and the Farragut Scrimmage I thought Maryville would lose 2-3 games this year. In that 2nd half against Halls Maryville started getting better. Beating Alcoa was huge. The Powell game was the game where Maryville really started putting it all together. I should know better than to doubt Quarles and company.

George Quarles,Jim Gaylor and David Ellis are irreplaceable. Those 3 guys are great,great coaches. The other coaches are really good also.

Ellis does wonders with the offensive line. Every year the offensive line looks like a machine. Robots that fire off the same time in unison.

Gaylor is a defensive wizard. Teams seem to always move the ball on Maryville at the 1st of the game but Gaylor always makes the right adjustment.

Quarles is a great Quarterback coach and play caller. Philip Juhlin has turned out to be a great dual threat quarterback. He runs the option to perfection and has a nice arm. Mark Young is a good quarterback also.

Maryville's coaching staff isn't just the best in Tennessee. They are one of the best in the country.

AGREED!

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flash Gordon

I think it is amazing the improvement Maryville has made. In that 1st quarter vs Halls,The Jamboree vs Seymour and the Farragut Scrimmage I thought Maryville would lose 2-3 games this year. In that 2nd half against Halls Maryville started getting better. Beating Alcoa was huge. The Powell game was the game where Maryville really started putting it all together. I should know better than to doubt Quarles and company.

George Quarles,Jim Gaylor and David Ellis are irreplaceable. Those 3 guys are great,great coaches. The other coaches are really good also.

Ellis does wonders with the offensive line. Every year the offensive line looks like a machine. Robots that fire off the same time in unison.

Gaylor is a defensive wizard. Teams seem to always move the ball on Maryville at the 1st of the game but Gaylor always makes the right adjustment.

Quarles is a great Quarterback coach and play caller. Philip Juhlin has turned out to be a great dual threat quarterback. He runs the option to perfection and has a nice arm. Mark Young is a good quarterback also.

Maryville's coaching staff isn't just the best in Tennessee. They are one of the best in the country.

Rebullron good post...The adjustments that GQ makes too find sumthun that suits the strengths of his personnel is unbelievable......Juhlin iz running a lot of different stuff from last year....... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

The adjustments that GQ makes too find sumthun that suits the strengths of his personnel is unbelievable......Juhlin iz running a lot of different stuff from last year....... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

This is what makes Maryville's coaching staff so good and Maryville so successful.

It seems to me that UT could benefit from this kind philosophy. They continue to try to make their personnel fit their offensive and denfensive schemes.

Maryville won 30-7 in a game much closer than the final score. This game was a carbon coby of the Halls game.

Mark Young struggled the 1st half then played very well the 2nd half. Philip Juhlin got a concussion in the 2nd series.

Buddy Jones ran the ball well tonight. Buddy was a warrior.

After giving up a touchdown early in the game Maryville's defense was sensational.

West has an awesome punter. He was booming the ball and gave Maryville bad field position.

#46 for West was a very good defensive end. He gave Maryville fits.

Jeff Francis son will be a real good quarterback for West.

West played their guts out.

Knotts West played tuff......Cummings duz a good job schemin'......Young played well tha seccund haif......Hurd aftur tha gaim Juhlin will be fine.......Allsew hurd Munns iz gettin' bettur......

Next tha Teem.....South Doil.....tha Mission......Beet Mairvul......tha way two beet Mairvul......Use South Doil coach's "FORMULA"......... /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

This was a good game for Maryville. The Rebels needed a close on to battle through. Young came in and led the team well, especially in the 2nd half. Defense was awesome the whole night.

Gotta give West a lot of credit. They played a very physical game...hit as hard as anyone all year. I expect we will see them again in the playoffs.