Arlington

Hamilton

Rosemark

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Winless Schools:

Sullivan Central - They will always have problems being near DB and Sullivan South who will get the better athletes.

Brainerd - Has the athletes but must be more disciplined. (Have not seen them this year but that is their past problem.)

William Blount - This team DOES NOT even BELONG with this group. Great YOUNG team. Watch out next season. In any other region they are probably a front runner.

One Win Schools:

Chattanooga Central - Must be able to keep their good feeder players from going to Ooltewah.

Heritage - Won't know till Friday night when Ooltewah comes knocking. Go Owls!!!

Off-season workouts are in place now at Central. The main thing needed there is time. They have 5 seniors on a roster of 60 and only 10 Juniors. So you are talking about 45 Freshmen and Sophomores. They are currently starting 7 sophomores on Offense and defense. Coach is in his second year there. The other thing is what was mentioned earlier, keeping kids zoned for Central at Central. That tide is turning with the problems and overcrowding at Ooltewah. Central picked up more from Hunter this past year than Ooltewah. Main thing is patience.

I agree but how many more years can you be patient. Central has the players to do something, but IMO its coaching. I know the team is young as well as the coaches. Last year JC was there on SR night, and halftime took forever with all the seniors you guys had. I just didnt understand how you guys didnt do great last year. You had size speed and talent.

I am pretty sure this is a confusion among centrals. The one poster brings up Ooltewah, which makes me think he means Knox Central.

Sullivan Central just doesn't know how to win, and when they don't win one of those first 2 winnable games they are hurting bad.

One Win Schools:

Volunteer

David Crockett

Lenoir City

Chattanooga Central

White County

Clarksville Northwest

Kenwood

Portland

Jackson Northside

Munford

Memphis Northside

Heritage

Cumberland County

LaVergne

Nashville Overton

Glencliff

Bartlett

Arlington

Hamilton

Rosemark

you left Coffee County off the list....If it's true that you'll lose a game for every Soph. you start, then it'll work out about right for us. We start 8 Soph. and will prob lose 8 games. That doesn't include the Freshman we play. The good news is we should be really good in 2 yrs.

One Win Schools:

Volunteer

David Crockett

Lenoir City

Chattanooga Central

White County

Clarksville Northwest

Kenwood

Portland

Jackson Northside

Munford

Memphis Northside

Heritage

Cumberland County

LaVergne

Nashville Overton

Glencliff

Bartlett

Arlington

Hamilton

Rosemark

you left Coffee County off the list....If it's true that you'll lose a game for every Soph. you start, then it'll work out about right for us. We start 8 Soph. and will prob lose 8 games. That doesn't include the Freshman we play. The good news is we should be really good in 2 yrs.

Hate to break it to ya...but that's what they ALL say. /unsure.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":unsure:" border="0" alt="unsure.gif" /> /unsure.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":unsure:" border="0" alt="unsure.gif" />

I would think Off season workouts need to pick up with both participation and intensity. I would also say schedule easier teams, if you are a team who has been bad for a few years schedule a few gimmes, and get some wins under your belt and make that record look good so more athletes want to come out. Just my opinion.

I have to agree for the most part that wins in Sept. and Oct. are based on what happens in Jan.-July. In addition, it takes getting talented players to come out and play football. At Lenoir City, we are the smallest school in Region 3-4A and do not have the talent to match up with the Powell's, Knox. West, Halls, and Maryville's in our Region. Winning breeds success and multiple losing seasons make it hard to attract kids to play (they would rather sit on their couch and talk about how bad the team is and they don't want to be part of it). In addition, I feel coaching is 75% of High School football. If you can find a coach that can relate to his players as well as motivate them and instill discipline, he should be able to come up with schemes to have a competitive team.

Hate to break it to ya...but that's what they ALL say. /unsure.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":unsure:" border="0" alt="unsure.gif" /> /unsure.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":unsure:" border="0" alt="unsure.gif" />

I've been around CC and this team most of my life, and every few years we have a good team. We're really young and inexperienced this year, but have some pretty good talent in the system. The kids are well coached, but Freshmen and Soph. aren't ready to play Varsity HS football in most cases. If you have anything CONSTRUCTIVE to say, I'd like to hear it .........

Winless Schools:

Sullivan Central

Unicoi County

Cocke County

Brainerd

Springfield

Jackson Central-Merry

Raleigh Egypt

William Blount

Hillwood

Dickson County

Memphis Overton

Wooddale

Rossville

One Win Schools:

Volunteer

David Crockett

Lenoir City

Chattanooga Central

White County

Clarksville Northwest

Kenwood

Portland

Jackson Northside

Munford

Memphis Northside

Heritage

Cumberland County

LaVergne

Nashville Overton

Glencliff

Bartlett

Arlington

Hamilton

Rosemark

I don't think Red Boiling Springs has won a game.